Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
    It was almost eighty degrees today! What madness is this? It was in the fifties last week.

It's supposed to be HOTTER tomorrow.
    It's 95 but supposedly 'feels like' 90. Once you get in the 9 who cares? It all feels like Satan's sweaty balls in hot pants at a disco at 2am.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yeh I saw that it supposed to hit in the 100's in California for a few days. I do NOT envy you being in that heat. I used to like the summer when younger,but now I dread that kind of heat.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

And win. Heat and wind means Red Flag Alert aaaaaaaaaan there was a fire in Compton already. Pretty much waiting for everything to burn. Yup.

Comment

It's pouring down rain...

Comment

Was 95 with 85% humidity this morning (aka Satan's sweaty balls were conspicuously uncomfortable)

67 with the same 85% humidity tonight.

Went to the store on the bike in shorts and flip-flops.

Got the standard "you aren't from here, are you?" from the cashier.

baffled by all the people in coats.

I don't get it.
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

*still wishing exes would cease existing*
              Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                I can help.

Would you prefer a shotgun or a rifle?
                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Pros of my birth control experience:
                  -99% Guarantee against pregnancy
                  -Only get my period once every three months

Cons:
                  -Once the time comes for my period, I cramp like an angry, radically pro-life lobster is throttling my uterus to avenge my unborn children

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                    I can help.

Would you prefer a shotgun or a rifle?
                    I don't want him dead, just maybe isolated to some remote island without the internet. Besides he is a nice guy,mostly. I just have trouble dealing with none of my relationships being as satisfying as that one.
                    Circe

Comment

I iz sicky.

*cough cough

me thinks I love my fan too much.

Also, it must be something actually going through my body. I slept and woke up like I got mauled by a hungry rotty. My whole body is aching.

Comment

Possible you had the cool hitting you directly,have known people that had their air conditioner blowing right at them,and this can mess with you. The fan should circulate the air but not directly at you.

Just from my personal experience.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yeah, I know this too. It's my own fault. It usually happens when I'm working at the register at work for a shift. We all have small mini fans on in front of us because it's not as cool by the door. And I try to point it at my body. But I know it goes at my face. And when I sleep I point the tower fan at the opposite side wall so I get indirect circulation. Buuuuuuuuut...I'm sickees nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                            I had one of those pop out of the woodwork today too, after... something like 8 years? "Yes dude, same number but I've been with my husband for 7 years and maybe your wife and kid wouldn't appreciate you stalking me...." o.0

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              I iz sicky.

*cough cough

me thinks I love my fan too much.

Also, it must be something actually going through my body. I slept and woke up like I got mauled by a hungry rotty. My whole body is aching.
                              Feel better soon, Medusa!

Comment

I'm getting awfully sick of one of the ladies on my crew. Ever since everyone-except-the-supervisor's hours got cut her performance has dropped drastically because she spends so much time whining about it, about how demoralizing it is. Okay, I get it, I really do, because the cut in hours happened before I was promoted to supervisor, and my paycheck after that cut was about the amount of the rent I was paying at the time. Yeah, it sucks, but ya know what? It didn't stop me from putting my all into the job. The only thing hacking away at morale now is grumbling about how much the job sucks. If it sucks so hard, find another one!

She doesn't get it, though. She keeps bitching at me (and others behind my back) about how I should "fight for them," as in get the boss to give them more hours. Bossman has repeatedly stated that he has no say in the matter. It's a large corporation we work for, he has bosses too. We lost out on some stores and they want to pay us less. Deal with it or gtfo. I told her so, even. "If you're this unhappy, maybe you should find a job that provides the hours you want." Her response? "Oh, that's how it's going to be?" Uh, yeah. That's kind of what grown-ups do. The consensus amongst the rest of the crew is the same: If you don't like it, there's the door. But no, she'd rather bitch, I guess. I'm just glad the boss cut her and the other two crappy workers we have further down to Friday and Saturday nights - my nights off, so I don't have to deal with them. Not in person, anyway...still gotta field calls and texts from them. The hope is they'll get so disgusted with having only two nights a week that they'll quit. Fingers are crossed.
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X