Page 651 of 784 FirstFirst ... 151551601641649650651652653661701751 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 7834

Thread: THE RANT THREAD!

  1. #6501
    Bronze Member Munin-Hugin's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,154
    Gender
    male
    Religion
    Northern Tradition
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: THE RANT THREAD!

    I went to pay my mortgage this morning and discovered that my escrow went UP by $125. Wow, thanks guys.

  2. #6502
    Sr. Member MoonRaven's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    458
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    If you want to know, ask.
    Location
    Well I'm not in Kansas anymore.
    Phrase
    Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less travelled by. Now where in Hades am I?

    Re: THE RANT THREAD!

    Today's rant can be summed up in one word: Scientism.
    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

    An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

    "Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

  3. #6503
    Sr. Member Arella's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    239
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    Paganism
    Location
    Missouri

    Re: THE RANT THREAD!

    It ticks me off that so many jobs are temp-to-hire anymore.

    I can't chance that. I can't take the chance of quitting my current part-time job for a full-time job that may wind up telling me they don't want to hire me on a permanent basis. While my part-time job sucks (hours are crap, pay is crap, and benefits are nonexistent), at least I know I'm going to continue to have it each day.

    Why can't companies just do permanent full-time positions anymore? If you don't like the person as an employee, then you let them go. But why have positions that "expire" after a period of time unless they decide they like you enough to keep you.

    I hate the job market.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I am sick and tired of having hot flashes. I'm only 29 years old. I shouldn't be having hot flashes already. I also can't handle hot flashes. If I get too warm, I get physically ill.

  4. #6504
    Nihilistic Goddess Medusa's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,293
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

    Re: THE RANT THREAD!

    Ug. I feel like I'm getting sickees. No bueno. I haz to get up at 4am to be at work at 5am. My first ever opening all by myself. Meh.
    Satan is my spirit animal

  5. #6505
    Sr. Member Ouranos Ouroboros's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    168
    Gender
    male
    Religion
    eclectic neo-pagan
    Location
    Erewhon

    Re: THE RANT THREAD!

    I just saw an advertisement for an anti-masturbation cross; parents strap their kids to this cross, pin their arms and legs, put a band around their heads, fasten a straight-jacket around their bodies, and leave them until they stop their "self-raping" behavior. I'm feeling a little like vomiting right about now.
    OO

    Book of Spirals is my author site.
    The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
    Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

  6. #6506
    Head Above Water habbalah's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,847
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

    Re: THE RANT THREAD!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ouranos Ouroboros View Post
    I just saw an advertisement for an anti-masturbation cross; parents strap their kids to this cross, pin their arms and legs, put a band around their heads, fasten a straight-jacket around their bodies, and leave them until they stop their "self-raping" behavior. I'm feeling a little like vomiting right about now.
    That's sick. If I knew anyone doing that to their kids, I'd call protective services on them.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

    Honorary Nord.

    Habbalah Vlogs

  7. #6507
    Nihilistic Goddess Medusa's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,293
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

    Re: THE RANT THREAD!

    I'm pretty sure that's a hoax or parody.

    I hope.
    Satan is my spirit animal

  8. #6508
    Head Above Water habbalah's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,847
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

    Re: THE RANT THREAD!

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's a hoax or parody.

    I hope.
    I just looked it up. It's a hoax (phew)!
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

    Honorary Nord.

    Habbalah Vlogs

  9. #6509
    Eldritch Priestess Willow's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,124
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    Staroverci

    Re: THE RANT THREAD!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arella View Post
    It ticks me off that so many jobs are temp-to-hire anymore.

    I can't chance that. I can't take the chance of quitting my current part-time job for a full-time job that may wind up telling me they don't want to hire me on a permanent basis. While my part-time job sucks (hours are crap, pay is crap, and benefits are nonexistent), at least I know I'm going to continue to have it each day.

    Why can't companies just do permanent full-time positions anymore? If you don't like the person as an employee, then you let them go. But why have positions that "expire" after a period of time unless they decide they like you enough to keep you.

    I hate the job market.
    Seconding.

  10. #6510
    Kick Ass Little Crow Corvus's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,024
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Location
    New York
    Phrase
    Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them

    Re: THE RANT THREAD!

    If I slam my head into the keyboard enough will it produce an intelligent, well worded, and perfectly cited essay in less than two hours?
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?


Similar Threads

  1. The Kids Rant Thread
    By Lilium of the Valley in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08 Sep 2014, 20:08
  2. Job Seekers Rant Thread
    By DanieMarie in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 23 Dec 2012, 18:37
  3. ever wonder who you really are?( my rant)
    By PoisonTears in forum Pagan Traditions & Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 21 Jan 2012, 19:45

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •