Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE RANT THREAD!

Bitch here.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

My kid is ill. I hate it when she's ill! Damn!
    When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!

Comment

Lining kitchen cabinets sucks.
      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

rawrs!!!
        “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

PF went away while I was away... so I don't get to catch up... grr.
          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I have a 40 kid birthday party to do tomorrow with another server. Still..it's 40 freaking kids man! Ima gonna loose my god damn marbles tomorrow. >
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

When I went to bed I was hoping that would get rid of the sinus headache. Nope. Still here. It's not even in the usual spot, it's around my friggin' cheekbone. Where are my essential oils...
              my etsy store
              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
              surrounded by plush, downy things,
              ill prepared, but willing,
              to descend."

Comment

Ye Gods...I *think* I only slept 3 hours last night
                “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I HATE CARS

Every time I manage to get two nickels to rub together, the car conspires to put me back into the poor house with its repair bills.
                  HEY ADMIN

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg199#msg199 date=1286620123]
                    I have a 40 kid birthday party to do tomorrow with another server. Still..it's 40 freaking kids man! Ima gonna loose my god damn marbles tomorrow. >
                    [/quote]

I just realized who you are.

^_^

I love the Addams Family but it is SERIOUSLY time to pick another movie, kid. It's been on repeat for two days.

Comment

My damn kitchen floor is never going to get finished. EVER.

Comment

Work till midnight + coming in to work at 7am = 4 hours of sleep
                        4 hours of sleep = Cranky Crimson
                        "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

Sometimes, just sometimes, it would be so lovely if you could just help out a little with the housework. Just even putting some rubbish in the bin. That would be great.
                          You can't take the sky from me.

Comment

I want to go back to school in the spring but I owe a $206.65 tuition fee before I can register, and pre-registration begins November 1. I need a freaking job! >
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

A yeast infection? There? Really? I may pull out my Thieves Vinegar for this.
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                              surrounded by plush, downy things,
                              ill prepared, but willing,
                              to descend."

Comment

Working...
                              X