THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I can't stand the "But I loooooove him" stuff! If there has to be a "but" in front of the love, something's wrong. Oftentimes we simply want to believe the best about someone, and abusive types can be pretty tricky and start their stuff real slow. But at some point you KNOW the reality is not what you were told it would be, and it's Bye-Bye time.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      I can't stand the "But I loooooove him" stuff! If there has to be a "but" in front of the love, something's wrong. Oftentimes we simply want to believe the best about someone, and abusive types can be pretty tricky and start their stuff real slow. But at some point you KNOW the reality is not what you were told it would be, and it's Bye-Bye time.

Totally agree with the point you're trying to make, but...

... JP uses my netbook while I am at work.. I sign into youtube a lot because I have friends on there who message me all night long, stuff like this pops up in my history.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZRSvbcePtU and I am forced to face the fact that I am dating a giant anime otaku.. all I can do is sigh 'but I love him...' I didn't realise there were so many cartoons about kids playing with cards until I met this man.

^^

What the heck IS a gaogaigar anyway?

I actually have a friend going through absolute hell because of her husband, who is now in prison. I can't talk about it because it's very high profile and he is a sick b*stard, but yes, they play a long game. So long they're willing to destroy someone's life.

He was arrested the day my friend went into hospital to have their daughter and until then, she had no idea what a horrible man he was. She was in love. Looking back, she thinks he and his family abused her, but she was completely brainwashed and oblivious. Gods I hated that man right from the start.. I've never felt such strong hate towards a human being before.
      Last edited by Jembru; 25 Jan 2013, 01:24.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        Usually, that would be a resounding yes please. I could send you something British (like, A4 narrow ruled file paper, decent tea ^^), in return, but actually, my dad is honeymooning on the Rhine later this year, so I could save you the trouble and ask him to bring me one back. Unless of course, there's something you would like me to send you, then I wouldn't say no to having the notebook a little sooner!
        Normally I'd also be pretty enthusiastic about stuff from the UK, but in a similar situation to you, a friend is coming to visit from there in February, and I'll likely be going to London in March. Thanks anyway though!

Comment

This issue pisses me off so much...http://www.thelocal.de/national/2013...l#.UQJpQLuQTPw

Basically, the security staff at this airport is on strike over pay issues. That's not what pisses me off...I agree with them completely. This was on the news yesterday, and a representative of the employers was speaking, and saying that they got paid over the proposed minimum wage, so they have nothing to complain about. First off, they're not paid much over the proposed minimum wage, which is 8-something Euros per hour. Some employees are paid LESS than the 11.80 quoted in this article as well. Secondly, is MINIMUM WAGE your basis for pay of AIRPORT SECURITY? REALLY? This goes with a more disturbing trend I've been seeing lately. We don't have a minimum wage yet in Germany, but there's this disgusting idea that I've seen floating around that minimum wage shouldn't be a basis that generally includes low-skill, low-training jobs upon which all other jobs are built on (and paid higher than)...it seems like people think this should be a GENERAL WAGE for a lot of jobs. Case in point, my friend used to work a job where he was paid about 6 Euros an hour. This was a job that wasn't particularly interesting, but did involve a lot of language skills, and they require a university degree. Their reasoning was that you should be happy with this wage, because it was minimum wage in the UK. Is that what a university degree, fluency in a language other than the native language of this country (English) as well as German skills, and computer skills are worth to you? Minimum wage?

Moreover, is that what your AIRPORT SECURITY is worth to you? Only a few Euros more than minimum wage?

Comment

I wish that were a problem confined to Germany, DanieMarie. I see it over here too. It's why I'm really hating money anymore. Your inherent worth is now reduced to pennies and if you can't get by on that it means you aren't valuable as a human.
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
              I wish that were a problem confined to Germany, DanieMarie. I see it over here too. It's why I'm really hating money anymore. Your inherent worth is now reduced to pennies and if you can't get by on that it means you aren't valuable as a human.
              I think we're selling ourselves out, to be honest. Wages are actually not one of the larger expenses of a business, and focusing so much on that bottom line corrodes local markets in a big way. Yes, you can always work on expanding in other markets, and I know that emerging markets are a big focus right now, but having a strong domestic market creates a lot of stability for a company. If you only pay enough for people to shop at Wal-Mart and eat fast food, are you really surprised when people stop shopping higher up? I don't feel that having such insanely low wages is necessary to long-term business success. Back home, some of the most successful industries are high-wage, and minimum wage is still low-pay, but you can still FREAKING LIVE OFF IT provided you're not a single mom supporting a bunch of kids, and business isn't stagnating or struggling (and when it does, it's not for that reason).

Here, since there's no universal minimum wage (there are some industry minimum wages, but often companies can even get out of that by creatively naming jobs), there are people who are working and who are single who need welfare support. This is wrong on so many levels, and more expensive for society as a whole than if companies had to be accountable and actually pay a bit more. If we didn't have that welfare support, people would be pretty desperate. It feels like the guilded age all over again.

I'm sad that Occupy Wall Street (and all the subsequent Occupy movement) had such a lack of direction and lost steam. We need to be fighting for regulations on business in a LOT of areas....pay and employee rights are one of those areas.

Also, I was never a big union supporter in the past, but I think unions are needed once again. The conditions that created a relevance for unions are present once again.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                This issue pisses me off so much...http://www.thelocal.de/national/2013...l#.UQJpQLuQTPw

Moreover, is that what your AIRPORT SECURITY is worth to you? Only a few Euros more than minimum wage?
                Most airport security in the US is a government based job, which is pretty decent if you think about it, huge pensions and decent pay, sick and vacation time, and really strict firing guidelines. If they were private companies like in Germany, we would likely have the same issue you guys are having. Speaking of, time to see if Philly airport is in a hiring cycle again yet...
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                  Most airport security in the US is a government based job, which is pretty decent if you think about it, huge pensions and decent pay, sick and vacation time, and really strict firing guidelines. If they were private companies like in Germany, we would likely have the same issue you guys are having. Speaking of, time to see if Philly airport is in a hiring cycle again yet...
                  They should be. It's a hard job and it requires a lot more training than being mall security.

At least they're unionized here, so they can strike. I just hope the airport realizes what trained, skilled airport security staff are worth to them.

Comment

Okay, I am having trouble here understanding this. This guy has been highly inconsistent for months now, but now all of a sudden he's had this miraculous change of heart when about a few weeks ago he could be assed to make sure you had a good holiday for you or your son. You officially declare him the boyfriend, have him meet your parents, and now not even a week later he's to meet your son. I'm sorry, but what in the fork is going on here? You've been warned that this dude is a player and only cares about himself. The dude even said he didn't care much about kids but now all of a sudden he's changed.

But I'm just gonna wait, wait til he reveals that he's taking you for a ride. I just hope it's quick enough that your son doesn't get caught up in his little games.

Comment

It should not take two, three, different theme changes for a blog so I can display all of a stick figure drawing. Said stick figure drawing had to be cropped and altered just so it could remotely fit. This has made me sooo angry. I was so angry I broke MaskedOne's exterminatus into small pieces. Seriously, I shouldn't have to go through so much trouble for something that was within the size range in the first place, let alone a stick figure drawing. And after all that bull crap? After all those changes? After the hundred and some odd try they FINALLY give me the option to load the entire picture as is.

Given I've already grown displeased at my research into monetizing wordpress, in the same day no less, this is looking bleak for me. Strike two, wordpress. Strike two.
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                      surrounded by plush, downy things,
                      ill prepared, but willing,
                      to descend."

Comment

Are you enjoying the view, Morsi? People will keep rising against you and your gang until you start hearing us.
                        [4:82]

Comment

Did morsi get planes from the US?
                          cause if he did we will need to take them away...
                          If he did'nt that's good.

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Egypt has been given a lot of military support over the years from US. If the wiki is accurate, the only non-Nato country that we've provided more in military aid too is Israel (I'm a little curious how they come to this ranking, I'd have put Japan or South Korea pretty high up there since iirc an attack on either one is liable to involve shooting at us) but a lot of that was under the previous two Egyptian presidents. I don't think Morsi has managed to get aid cut off yet though he came relatively close a little while ago.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

So my boss has managed to talk me into coming in for a totally not manditory class on my day off, by offering me overtime. Fine not a problem. Now he is under the impression I am ok with being hit with OC spray as a demonstration. NO. Eff You, NO. Not doing it, sorry, bite me, I will walk the heck out if you keep pushing the issue, NO! I do not have any need for an extra t-shirt, you will not talk me into this, (short of paid vacation) and I will not be bloody sprayed, tested, foamed, or otherwise violated by pepper spray or OC of any kind! Please kindly Piss OFF!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                                So my boss has managed to talk me into coming in for a totally not manditory class on my day off, by offering me overtime. Fine not a problem. Now he is under the impression I am ok with being hit with OC spray as a demonstration. NO. Eff You, NO. Not doing it, sorry, bite me, I will walk the heck out if you keep pushing the issue, NO! I do not have any need for an extra t-shirt, you will not talk me into this, (short of paid vacation) and I will not be bloody sprayed, tested, foamed, or otherwise violated by pepper spray or OC of any kind! Please kindly Piss OFF!

Yeah, but...if you are having sinus problems, its a great way to clean them out!

I used to volunteer for security as duty-corpsman for OC training, just the wafting would make my sinuses operate awesome for a month...
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X