Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by iris View Post
    Noooo. Seriously? They did that? How the **** am I supposed to get around europe now? I like train travel... idiots... I was thinking of a trip to prague next spring... it's not like getting around by train was easy to begin with, but it was possible thanks to Deutsche Bahn.
    Well, Deutsche Bahn still has regular trains (albeit with totally substandard service) and still supports some of the CNL lines. I know that the Amsterdam to Munich line is still running, as is the Amsterdam to Zurich one that runs through Germany. I'm not sure if the Copenhagen line was affected. I know that the Amsterdam to Prague (via Cologne and Berlin) line and the Paris to Berlin line got cut, but I'm not sure which other ones got cut. You might want to check!

In related Deutsche Bahn rants, my boyfriend just called. He's coming to visit this weekend, but his train is delayed....for five hours. He was supposed to arrive at midnight, but now he will be here at 5 a.m. Deutsche Bahn trains out of Cologne are almost always late, but not usually THIS late.

Seriously, how does Deutsche Bahn have such a good reputation for being reliable and on time? Outside of Brandenburg (each state runs trains differently and Brandenburg seems to be the only state that cares about offering reliable service), I've only experienced lateness and service cuts over the past few years.

Comment

On 3 hours of sleep, I haven't the energy or the brain power or the care to respond to customer rants.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        Well, Deutsche Bahn still has regular trains (albeit with totally substandard service) and still supports some of the CNL lines. I know that the Amsterdam to Munich line is still running, as is the Amsterdam to Zurich one that runs through Germany. I'm not sure if the Copenhagen line was affected. I know that the Amsterdam to Prague (via Cologne and Berlin) line and the Paris to Berlin line got cut, but I'm not sure which other ones got cut. You might want to check!

In related Deutsche Bahn rants, my boyfriend just called. He's coming to visit this weekend, but his train is delayed....for five hours. He was supposed to arrive at midnight, but now he will be here at 5 a.m. Deutsche Bahn trains out of Cologne are almost always late, but not usually THIS late.

Seriously, how does Deutsche Bahn have such a good reputation for being reliable and on time? Outside of Brandenburg (each state runs trains differently and Brandenburg seems to be the only state that cares about offering reliable service), I've only experienced lateness and service cuts over the past few years.
        It seems there's still some connection from here to germany. I still thinj they're idiots though.
        And they have that reputation because they're very good compared to others... sadly.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

It seems there's still some connection from here to germany. I still thinj they're idiots though.
          And they have that reputation because they're very good compared to others... sadly.
          Yeahhh but they let it get to their heads. The trains are wayyyyy more reliable in the Netherlands and a lot faster in France. Even Spain's trains are a lot better...they're older, but they're cheap and they're always on time. Germany is a rich country and Deutsche Bahn could do so much better. I get the feeling that Deutsche Bahn only compares itself to Italy (probably the worst trains in Europe).

I'm glad that they didn't cancel the service you use!

Another of my boyfriend's trains is late, so he might not get here until well into tomorrow and might have to spend the night in a train station that is under construction.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
            Yeahhh but they let it get to their heads. The trains are wayyyyy more reliable in the Netherlands and a lot faster in France. Even Spain's trains are a lot better...they're older, but they're cheap and they're always on time. Germany is a rich country and Deutsche Bahn could do so much better. I get the feeling that Deutsche Bahn only compares itself to Italy (probably the worst trains in Europe).

I'm glad that they didn't cancel the service you use!

Another of my boyfriend's trains is late, so he might not get here until well into tomorrow and might have to spend the night in a train station that is under construction.
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I am stewing for a fight it seems: My best friend and her "boyfriend" got into a fight a complete weeks ago, she texted me saying that hes a know it all who wont listen,that she should have never let him meet her girls and they are going to be the ones to suffer now and then out of no where says something about him not favoring the military. I asked her to slow down and please explain what happened. She never would explain and has barely talked to me since. I had last weekend off so I invited her up to get her out and about. She couldn't come because she had the girls(which is totally understandable) I am off today I text her on Monday and asked if shed like to come up since she wouldn't have the girls. I got blown off and told a bunch of bullshit about her having the girls this weekend again. Except Tuesday she put on facebook she wouldn't have the girls back till Sunday. She was suppose to text me today and tell me if she was coming I told her not to bother at all.

I got a second job yesterday and was super excited about it. I don't have to have it but a little extra income would make me feel better. I like having my own money, but I told KP and he was completely uninterested. Didn't seem to care at all, and that hurt.

I've been off four days this week because business is slow and granted I have the vacation for it but I'd rather be working. Sitting at home by yourself when your blue sucks. Maybe an alcoholic beverage would make me feel better.

Probably more info than you wanted but I've been stewing for a bit and if I don't put it somewhere I'm going to blow up...
              Last edited by kalynraye; 13 Mar 2015, 15:03. Reason: i wasn't done bitching it seems
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Sweeps pile into corner to make more room for any and all stuff to avert "blow up"..

Like a snow plow,always at the ready to clear the field for emergency landing of "Stuff"
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Sweeps pile into corner to make more room for any and all stuff to avert "blow up"..

Like a snow plow,always at the ready to clear the field for emergency landing of "Stuff"
                  Lol, what a mental image!

Comment

That sucks :/

Though to be honest, the regional trains in some states here aren't much better. The trains aren't that old, but DB shut down a ton of stations in smaller towns, which makes a lot of stations overloaded. Even some major centres are like that....especially in Nord-Rhein Westfalen. I swear, every single time my boyfriend comes to visit (which is a lot), his train is held up somewhere in that state. It's usually in Cologne, but sometimes Dortmund. They just don't have enough platforms for the number of trains going in, so they're always late. I think a lot of the international trains are on time, and pretty much all trains in Berlin are on time, but it's not like that everywhere :/

I'll miss Berlin when I leave here, though. I just don't like NRW. The whole place is set up for driving. I don't drive.

Comment

So, I rather abruptly turned my notice in at work due to exceedingly dangerous working conditions and an owner that just doesn't give a crap about the safety of the employees (not to mention that I will be amazed if the place is even still open 6 months from now). That being said, I had forgotten how much I despise looking for work...especially since there aren't many jobs in this area that pay a wage that can be lived on. I've been online all day today and have found exactly 2 jobs to apply for, neither of which I particularly care to do. I may have to move... *sigh*

Comment

Okay rant time. We have a house in a very nice suburban town in Illinois. In this town, the police have nothing to do besides abuse their power and write pointless tickets. Well, I'll get to that, but let's start off with one of our "friends" stole $290 from us in a period of two days while staying with us. This is find and dandy, we called the police who ended up coming to our house to ask questions on what happened. In that time period, the officer proceeded to look around our house. We ended up showing him where our "friend" stayed. In this area, there were stems of pot sitting on a table. Little to our knowledge was he smoking in the house, and covering it up with incense by morning. Besides this, he also questioned my roommates syringes. He's a diabetic and they are used for insulin. So the officer takes the stems and syringes as evidence, tells us he's going to go look for our "friend" and says he'll be in touch. Maybe 3 hours later, the officer comes back and tells us that he didn't think our "friend" stole the money, but said he told him not to come back to the house.
                        Fast forward two days, I am getting ready for work, when all of a sudden I hear yelling downstairs. Now, at first I thought it was that so called "friend" coming back to the house, and starting a fight with my roommates. Given a second listen, I hear "GET DOWN ON THE GROUND." Our house was in the process of getting raided by a team called the rural task force, and Metropolitan Enforcement Group (MEG) both of which are a segment of local DEA. My room, being on the top floor, has a stair case that creaks and moans when people are walking up it. I'm met with the thundering of four sets of heavy boots, and when I look at the door, I'm starring down noses of large assault rifles with shouts of "GET ON THE GROUND OR WE WILL SHOOT!"
                        As they were handcuffing me, they looked around at my altars, and work benches, and started making jokes saying I was a wizard, extremely disrespectful comments. I pleaded with them not to taint the altars, saying that they are religious spaces that are sacred to me. They laughed, ended up basically throwing me down the stairs, and making me sit facing a wall, as I could hear them destroying my room and the rest of the house. They ended up rampaging through the kitchen, searching through our opened food, pouring their contents in our sink that has no garbage disposal. My altars were moved across the room, one flipped over, but most of all their contents strewn across the ground, many things broken, nothing was left untouched. My room, which I cleaned days before, was wrecked. My bed flipped upside down, box spring on top of mattress. My couch was propped up against the wall, the cushions being thrown as far as a closet at least halfways across the upstairs. Glass table flipped over, all contents littered across the floor. My room was wrecked. Our house was wrecked, every room showed signs of deliberate and unnecessary use of barbaric rampaging.
                        Needless to say, they didn't end up finding anything in the house. There was one arrest made, and that was my roommate who's pills were out of his prescription bottle. I'm pretty sure our so called "friend" said that we were dealing drugs out of the house, or some like story relating to my roommates diabetic syringes. I don't feel safe in my own house anymore, and the police now constantly drive up and down our street, flashing their spotlights into our house as they go by. I now have to move out because of constant harassment and there's nothing I can do about it.
                        Just had to let that get out.
                        "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                        And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                        They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                        The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                        - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

In Denmark going to the doctor is free. Which is great, as a student I can actually afford going to the doctor when I'm sick. Now the politicians are debating putting fees on doctor visits. Because that totally promotes equality and health (no. That was sarcastic). I know that's how it is in other countries, that doesn't mean it's a good idea (no offence intended)... we pride ourselves on our health care system, don't go breaking it! They're doing it because they think people go to the doctors too much, well it won't stop the ones who go because they're bored or hypocindric - they will probably still go, it will only stop the ones who really need help but can't afford it.
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

In Denmark going to the doctor is free. Which is great, as a student I can actually afford going to the doctor when I'm sick. Now the politicians are debating putting fees on doctor visits. Because that totally promotes equality and health (no. That was sarcastic). I know that's how it is in other countries, that doesn't mean it's a good idea (no offence intended)... we pride ourselves on our health care system, don't go breaking it! They're doing it because they think people go to the doctors too much, well it won't stop the ones who go because they're bored or hypocindric - they will probably still go, it will only stop the ones who really need help but can't afford it.
                            Wow, that sucks! Hope everyone fights it!

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                              Okay rant time

Just had to let that get out.
                              I'm so, so sorry. Have you contacted a lawyer? Even if *you* haven't been charged with anything, getting one would probably make the cops back off. In this case, I'd really, really recommend it. Trust me. My dad's a trial lawyer, and I've worked in his office for years. This isn't something you want to face without legal assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfaery View Post
                                I'm so, so sorry. Have you contacted a lawyer? Even if *you* haven't been charged with anything, getting one would probably make the cops back off. In this case, I'd really, really recommend it. Trust me. My dad's a trial lawyer, and I've worked in his office for years. This isn't something you want to face without legal assistance.
                                Okay, another rant on topic. Last night, we were having a small get together, a bonfire in our backyard, in a very controlled space. The fire pit itself is dug into the ground, about a foot in, and is lined with cement blocks. Around two hours after we started the fire, police, and fire fighters flooded our street, detaining all of us as they doused the flames. I now have a $200 ticket for an open burning. I will be getting legal help on this one
                                "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                                And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                                They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                                The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                                - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X