THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Suddenly I have an urge for some spicy sausage.....Darn you power of suggestion...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Another one of my friends (most of the people on my FB page are folks I know in person, or feel comfortable with from another forum, or are involved in racing) is selling something! GRRRR!! I can't even count how many are in these little multi-level marketing deals with jewelry, body wraps, makeup, weight loss miracles, etc., etc. They all say how much money people can make if they sign up, but not one single one has quite their day job. Not to mention how everybody is Joe Schmoe Photography. LOL
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

turns out I actually have three first names... yep. I've grown up with teachers being confused about what to call me, I never understood until just now... Filling out the papers for our marraige license (is that what it's called?)... I thought I had one first name, two middle names and one last name. turns out I don't; no, I have three first names, no middle names and a last name... so to the teachers I got annoyed at for saying my name was very long: I'm sorry... somebody, somewhere, screwed up when filling out the papers back in 1992. I have three first names. I've been filling out legal papers wrong for years it seems! I'm having a slight existential crisis here.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Apparently Netflix doesn't understand that I am trying to watch Star Trek movies this weekend.

They don't have First Contact or Undiscovered Country.

Also, I really hated the new ones...but I'll see the next one when it comes out anyway...there's a new director, so maybe there's hope.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            Apparently Netflix doesn't understand that I am trying to watch Star Trek movies this weekend.

They don't have First Contact or Undiscovered Country.

Also, I really hated the new ones...but I'll see the next one when it comes out anyway...there's a new director, so maybe there's hope.
            I enjoyed the new one. I really liked Jachary Quinto as Spock, and think that he's a pretty good actor. I'm interested to see where it goes from here, because they're kinda sorta following the original stories, but giving them twists and turns.

Comment

I'm a Trekkie lifer; I was 10 when the original was on. I never thought I could accept new actors in those roles but I took to Quinto immediately. He's got a heck of a legacy to carry, esp. now that Leonard Nimoy's gone, but I think he's the one to do it. And I'm glad to see the whole thing continue. The new McCoy has a lot of the inflections/attitudes spot on. Kirk still has some work to do to win me over.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Spock and Uhura are pretty much the only thing I like about the new movies.

The plots are lousy and there's too much pointless explosions. The whole appeal of Star Trek is that it was actually intelligent (don't get me wrong, there was also plenty of cheese, but that is also part of the appeal, IMO)
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  When my neighbors moved back to SoCal, I lostmy chorizo hook-up. I don't know where to go

But she made this AWESOME chorizo and cornbread stuffing for turkey day. She used this recipe, but like some of the commenters precooked soft chorizo.

(I made this honey cranberry challah bread that I found during the Thanksgiving Hanukkah convergence a few years go)
                  That sounds freaking delicious.

Comment

Dear People Who Have a Problem With my Eclecticism

I know it may come as a shock to you, but some times, people make observations of the metaphysical that do not line up with any single tradition out there. I have studied and continue to study countless traditions in pursuit of what appear to be the closest thing to a grand unified theory of the Divine. I have had to teach myself everything with the closest thing to an instructor being my father and even we have some pretty stark theological differences. To make matters more complicated, there really aren't many pagans around here with only a few people belonging to traditions that do not align well enough for me to consider trying to form a coven or order or any other such group with them. I don't have any elders, high clerical sorts, monks, medicine people, shamans, grandmasters, or old witches in my family line to learn from or guide me. Only the Divine and my own spiritual logic. I have been a solitary since day one and I get that so many of you have the luxury of having found one of the existing traditions that aligns with your views and your personal spiritual nature so well, but I have had to refine my philosophy all on my own. If any of you know of that elusive tradition you're telling me to join that matches me so perfectly, please show it to me and find me the nearest practitioner. Preferably within the city limits because I don't have a car to drive anywhere and I don't have the money to move and or travel long distances right now. Also for those of you who claim to have a direct hotline to the Deities, please call them up and ask them what I should do if you have such direct discussions with them all the time. Be sure to find a way to send me a proper log of the conversation. For those of you saying "Just make something up" I must tell you to go screw yourselves. This is not a creative exercise, this is about the nature of the universe that is. It's about the cosmic reality of the world. I may device rituals, but that is not making something up. So until then, you don't get to tell me about how I should worship, how I should practice, and what tradition I should follow. Frankly I am sick of people who mostly don't really know me trying to tell me what I should do or believe.

There I said it.
                    Last edited by MaskedOne; 28 Jul 2015, 04:26.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                      Is Chorizo a cooked dish? I only know it from Spain, and it's a kind of salami there...
                      Its just a type of sausage. Crumbly like breakfast sausage not like kielbasa.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      Another one of my friends (most of the people on my FB page are folks I know in person, or feel comfortable with from another forum, or are involved in racing) is selling something! GRRRR!! I can't even count how many are in these little multi-level marketing deals with jewelry, body wraps, makeup, weight loss miracles, etc., etc. They all say how much money people can make if they sign up, but not one single one has quite their day job. Not to mention how everybody is Joe Schmoe Photography. LOL
                      Totally this!!!! I threw a fit on FB not to long ago because I was to tired of seeing all of there crap.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I am wondering if at some time in the near future we will see something like this in Government.

Violence in the U.S. Congress ... Fistfights on the Senate Floor

http://thelmac.hubpages.com/hub/Viol...e-Senate-Floor

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Dr.Pepper! Why are you so addicting.

Comment

Because it is made from prunes..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

And here I though it was the Formaldehyde that was added to give it that special taste. he he he Oh wait that was some of the beer overseas
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Yeh,the stay fresh crap in your suds stuff..

- - - Updated - - -

I stand corrected,no prunes..
                                http://www.snopes.com/business/secret/drpepper.asp

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X