THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I wish my bloody staff would stop contacting me on my personal mobile number to ask me about work crap on my day off.

Comment

Thanks to the magic of people refusing to get immunizations, we now have a plague of whooping cough sweeping through the schools...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
        I wish my bloody staff would stop contacting me on my personal mobile number to ask me about work crap on my day off.
        This. So much this. My old supervisor who is now a salesman texted me on Wednesday (vacation day for me) got something that totally could have waited until my return today. Frustrating!!! If it was an emergency, or something only i could ever know, no problem. But no, it was for something unimportant... Something he could have easily resolved with one phone call to a vendor.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I'm angry about the Bill Cosby thing.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            I'm angry about the Bill Cosby thing.
            A friend of mine broke her vinyl of his standup when she found out about it. Just...Christ. I'll never be able to watch The Cosby Show again.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I went to pay my mortgage this morning and discovered that my escrow went UP by $125. Wow, thanks guys.

Comment

Today's rant can be summed up in one word: Scientism.
                Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

It ticks me off that so many jobs are temp-to-hire anymore.

I can't chance that. I can't take the chance of quitting my current part-time job for a full-time job that may wind up telling me they don't want to hire me on a permanent basis. While my part-time job sucks (hours are crap, pay is crap, and benefits are nonexistent), at least I know I'm going to continue to have it each day.

Why can't companies just do permanent full-time positions anymore? If you don't like the person as an employee, then you let them go. But why have positions that "expire" after a period of time unless they decide they like you enough to keep you.

I hate the job market.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sick and tired of having hot flashes. I'm only 29 years old. I shouldn't be having hot flashes already. I also can't handle hot flashes. If I get too warm, I get physically ill.

Comment

Ug. I feel like I'm getting sickees. No bueno. I haz to get up at 4am to be at work at 5am. My first ever opening all by myself. Meh.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just saw an advertisement for an anti-masturbation cross; parents strap their kids to this cross, pin their arms and legs, put a band around their heads, fasten a straight-jacket around their bodies, and leave them until they stop their "self-raping" behavior. I'm feeling a little like vomiting right about now.
                      OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                      The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                      Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouranos Ouroboros View Post
                        I just saw an advertisement for an anti-masturbation cross; parents strap their kids to this cross, pin their arms and legs, put a band around their heads, fasten a straight-jacket around their bodies, and leave them until they stop their "self-raping" behavior. I'm feeling a little like vomiting right about now.
                        That's sick. If I knew anyone doing that to their kids, I'd call protective services on them.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's a hoax or parody.

I hope.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            I'm pretty sure that's a hoax or parody.

I hope.
                            I just looked it up. It's a hoax (phew)!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Arella View Post
                              It ticks me off that so many jobs are temp-to-hire anymore.

I can't chance that. I can't take the chance of quitting my current part-time job for a full-time job that may wind up telling me they don't want to hire me on a permanent basis. While my part-time job sucks (hours are crap, pay is crap, and benefits are nonexistent), at least I know I'm going to continue to have it each day.

Why can't companies just do permanent full-time positions anymore? If you don't like the person as an employee, then you let them go. But why have positions that "expire" after a period of time unless they decide they like you enough to keep you.

I hate the job market.
                              Seconding.

Comment

If I slam my head into the keyboard enough will it produce an intelligent, well worded, and perfectly cited essay in less than two hours?
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X