• Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

6 day weeks are unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      6 day weeks are unreasonable.
      Yeah, I explained that to him. The point of working that many hours won't make me rich. Just make a bill be smaller. What's the point of working day in and day out if I can't even take time to enjoy my life? I sorta felt bad. I told him I would do it this week because I know we are having difficulties with some other employees. And I told him I was honored that the reason I was given the hours is because I'm good (that's what he said) They are trying to persuade me to be in management there. And I just keep saying no. It feels good on one hand. But dayum. Give this girl a break!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        Yeah, I explained that to him. The point of working that many hours won't make me rich. Just make a bill be smaller. What's the point of working day in and day out if I can't even take time to enjoy my life? I sorta felt bad. I told him I would do it this week because I know we are having difficulties with some other employees. And I told him I was honored that the reason I was given the hours is because I'm good (that's what he said) They are trying to persuade me to be in management there. And I just keep saying no. It feels good on one hand. But dayum. Give this girl a break!
        Totally. Hopefully you can get some good time off soon! Enjoying life outside work and maintaining a work-life balance doesn't mean you don't work hard and you're not a good employee.

He needs to read these articles: http://business.time.com/2012/04/26/...icle-editpicks (though, it's a bit misinformed....Europe does not "ban" long work weeks...most of Europe, and Canada, still lets you work overtime...employers just can't make you do it or fire you for not doing it. Though, you can be denied promotions, and maybe put under more scrutiny at work).

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46881039/Why_...eek_Is_Useless (apparently it's not even a good idea when you work for yourself...though I find I can totally put in loads of overtime as a freelancer and it's not half as grinding as when I'm employed by someone else...maybe because I don't lose time going to and from work).

Academic business publications state similar findings.

Comment

I've been getting a lot of unwanted overtime this past week. Every one keeps reminding me about the money (which, since I am child-free, mostly goes to the IRS). I keep reminding everyone I know that overtime is bad for your heart:

Overtime & Incident Coronary Heart Disease

It can also lead to an increased risk of stroke, developing depression... and shorten your overall life span.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Well I was a work a holic at Hot Topic. 6 months after finally not working there...I had my heart attack.

Comment

NSFW due to cussing

Thinking that I need to completely change careers. Nursing is not what I thought it would be and I seem to hate my job more every time I go to work. I guess it wouldn't be bad if my coworkers weren't lazy bitch fucks. And I guess it wouldn't be that bad if 80% of my patients weren't drug / alcohol addicted homeless people who will have no quality of life, who will spend what I make in two years on their hospital stay with no intention or capability to pay it back. The other 10% by the way are 90 something years old and they just want to die but their family wont let them. And I guess it wouldn't be that bad if my manager had some fucking balls and stood up for her staff. Also she shouldn't call me on my day off to remind me that I forgot to put something in the patient's chart (that's what emails are for bitch). The constant lack of respect is getting to me. Not to mention medicine is a business. To call it healthCARE is a fucking joke... It's all about the money not about the patients. And it isn't about health either... it's about fixing you when you are sick not preventing it. There is a cure right now for diabetes but the FDA and health insurance companies will not approve it because diabetes makes them a lot of money. And of course the fiance and my mom are telling me to "just go be a nurse somewhere else." Its the same shit - different toilet, but of course they do not understand. And then they tell me "but you are such a good nurse"... just because you are good at something does not mean you should make it a profession by that logic I could say I am really good at having sex... so maybe I will go be a prostitute!

So perhaps I will change careers and go be a real estate agent, or a veterinarian, or a high school chemistry teacher, or something... I don't know, right now I just want to crawl into my bed and give up.
              Last edited by LiadanWillows; 11 Jun 2012, 04:44.
              sigpic

Comment

The DMV. That is all.
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

Exams: Go die.
                  "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                  - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I've got to stop reading the comments that follow any article about foods that are not safe for pets to eat. I've been pissed off all day because of the latest one.

Every single time, there's always some asshole who states, "Well, I feed my dogs chocolate/grapes/onions/wild mushrooms/green potatoes/antifreeze all the time and they're just fine". I want to kill that asshole, every single time. And it seems like each time I see a new article, there are more of these assholes. I can't kill them all, I just don't have enough time.

How hard is it to not feed your dog or cat something that may harm it? Seriously? Do you let your kids eat the chemicals under the sink because it's easier than telling them no?
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Damn, I grabbed my netbook on my way out the house. I figured I could use my free time at work to reply to the Celtic thread. I didn't think to bring the charger though and it died after 20 minutes. I'd reply on my phone but this thing makes me type like a chimp. Ah well, I'll reply eventually.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I realized I've worked 12 days straight with one day off last Thursday. In which I DID NOT rest. Because I had to do all the things I couldn't do while working. Today I didn't eat before work. I took my Diabetic medication on an empty stomach. And I was about to faint from plain old exhaustion. I'm fucking tired. My bosses over at the tool place are all like why can't she work more hours? She's really a good worker. I'm thankful for the kind words. But seriously I SAID NO. And I'm putting my damn foot down.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                          I've got to stop reading the comments that follow any article about foods that are not safe for pets to eat. I've been pissed off all day because of the latest one.

Every single time, there's always some asshole who states, "Well, I feed my dogs chocolate/grapes/onions/wild mushrooms/green potatoes/antifreeze all the time and they're just fine". I want to kill that asshole, every single time. And it seems like each time I see a new article, there are more of these assholes. I can't kill them all, I just don't have enough time.

How hard is it to not feed your dog or cat something that may harm it? Seriously? Do you let your kids eat the chemicals under the sink because it's easier than telling them no?
                          I feel your pain. You just want to choke them for being so thoughtless. It boils down to, "well, they're not people" arguments with all sorts of stupid mental gymnastics.

TO CLARIFY: Yes, they're not people, but the folks who say this and feed their pets toxic foods are right for the wrong reasons.
                          Last edited by Caelia; 19 Jun 2012, 01:01.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

to descend."

Comment

Apparently it requires too much thought to supply night lights when we live out in the friggin' country where there is no ambient lighting! Not only that someone had the "foresight" to turn on 50 lights and then instantly turn them off. If I missed any spilled coffee because of these antics they'll have to deal because I couldn't see shit, including the damn walls.
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

to descend."

Comment

Really bothersome palpitations tonight. I just can't get my breath and my heart is trying to bruise my ribs. I have another blood test on Monday. I really hope my doctor finally makes up his mind to treat my hypothyroidism. My nails are so brittle they break off, my hair is falling out in clumps, I am constantly cold and I keep getting palpitations. This country sucks. Apparently in Germany, the level of activity required before they'll medicate, is higher than here. In the UK, your thyroid had to be practically dead before they bother helping you. If I'm told to 'leave it for now and come back for another blood test in three months' one more time, I'll tear out my remaining hair!!!
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Night terrors. ALL night last night.

Showing my portfolio in two hours after only an hour and a half sleep. SHHHHHhhhhiiittt. x
                                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Working...
                                X