Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I finally did it. I fell today at work. In front of everyone. Thankfully it was cosmic bowling. So the lights were off. Causing me to not see very well. And well...fall. I was cleaning off a birthday table. And for whatever reason (I'm assuming my rubber heel on my tennis shoe didn't slide on the carpet and caused me to trip over it)I fell down to the ground. Right on my knee. Directly. My arm caught the edge of the counter too. I immediately got up and put ice on my knee. I thought I had chipped it or something. It was quite painful. But the instant ice pack helped a lot. And though I'm not in pain, I did bruise and burst the blood vessel right under my knee. Currently it's purple. And I'm waiting for it to turn the nice shade of yellow. I'm now about to rub it down with bengay and burn it away!!

Thankfully my gyno suggested a month or so ago to start taking Vitamin D and Calcium. No broken bones!
    Youch. Glad you're okay and your bones are all in tact.

Comment

Daylight Saving Time. Was there ever a more useless, stupid idea? Based on questionable facts, poorly executed, in a fashion meant to create the greatest nuisance amongst normal working people, the politicians still clings to this ridiculous and outmoded practice. And that Despite evidence that not only does it not give the benefits it was persumed to, it actually causes death and great harm.

N.B. This rant will return on 31st March, 2014.

@Medusa. Ow! Glad that nothing more serious than brusing happened. *hug*
      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Normally when I get pissed off at a game and rage quit, it's because other players are being douche bags. But this time, this jumping puzzle in GW2 is making me furious. I know it's not impossible. I've nearly finished it, once. Nearly. However, I'm not going to sit here and try to beat it for hours. That's a complete waste of my time.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I finally did it. I fell today at work. In front of everyone. Thankfully it was cosmic bowling. So the lights were off. Causing me to not see very well. And well...fall. I was cleaning off a birthday table. And for whatever reason (I'm assuming my rubber heel on my tennis shoe didn't slide on the carpet and caused me to trip over it)I fell down to the ground. Right on my knee. Directly. My arm caught the edge of the counter too. I immediately got up and put ice on my knee. I thought I had chipped it or something. It was quite painful. But the instant ice pack helped a lot. And though I'm not in pain, I did bruise and burst the blood vessel right under my knee. Currently it's purple. And I'm waiting for it to turn the nice shade of yellow. I'm now about to rub it down with bengay and burn it away!!

Thankfully my gyno suggested a month or so ago to start taking Vitamin D and Calcium. No broken bones!
          Ooowwwww!!! Hope your kneee & arm stay ok!

In other news,

No, Carol! You were better than that!
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Thanks. I thought my knee would turn purple. Woke up this morning and I had a large red bruise. Kind of freaked me out. But it's ok. Just stiff for now.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

just spent about an hr fillin out different job applications only for my computer to say the site wasnt safe and closed me out of all of it.

and no it didnt save a line of any of it.... -__-

Comment

Super exhausted lately, and daylight savings just made it worse. I hate autumn and winter. It feels so hard to drag my ass out of bed before 9 am (for reference, in the spring and summer, I get up around 7 no problem) and stay awake throughout the day.

Comment

Stupid Mercury Retrograde got my computer... full reformat and install everything again. Mercury Retrograde usually flows with me, being born in the middle of one, but not so supportive of my laptop.
                  My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Auugghhh!!! Put on my favorite shirt this morning, only to find that I've worn holes in it due to wearing it so much :'C

Comment

Doc appointment today... ugh. They pick up this week. Once every other week. Oh joy. And the puppy has to go to vet again this week. Shots. Joy. She's going to hate me for another day.
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Baaahh!! These exams... -_____-
                        I hate them!!!
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                          Baaahh!! These exams... -_____-
                          I hate them!!!
                          Ditto mate...

Comment

I gave my dad my instant admit application to fill in the family information section and he went and filled in the whole thing with his information. Not only can I not get another application, it proves that he never did read anything I gave him to sign.
                            Circe

Comment

I can't believe I'm moaning about the fact that my business is going well, but I am!

I am so friggin stressed about all these commission and all this restocking I have to do at the moment that it's just no fun. Also I have loads of paperwork to do and I just can't be bothered with it. Frustrated much!

I need a personal assistant! Any takers? x
                              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

The new two kids we have here have wrecked the stairs railing. The middle support metal thingy was broken off. Now I have to go to a Home Depot, find a new matching metal support thingy. I sorta have an idea what I need to do. But still.
                                Oh how did I find out it broke? I tried to use it to walk down the stairs. And it slipped off! Then I left it down so people would know. They just sorta hung it back on.

I hate kids. And I really don't feel so great about the new female borders up in this house.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X