Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
    I know, I shouldn't be bitching, it doesn't really get all thaaat cold here. But I don't care! It's too freaking cold and I don't like it! Are there any apartments available in Hawaii? Because bugger this! A person gets used to warmth, taking it away is mean!

(yes I know it's 12 degrees, and for many of you it just isn't that cold, but it was 60 the other day and this isn't fair!)
    I totally feel your pain.

Its like 34 here, and I'm pathetically miserable in coldness. I live in The South peoples! (Okay, so its like the Northern South, but still).

Last week it was in the 70s and I wore shorts.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

My mom finally admitted to having an affair for the last several months.

Comment

All you snifflers, blow your f'in' noses.

Trust me, it doesn't hurt. And it prevents me from eventually popping you in the head.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
          All you snifflers, blow your f'in' noses.

Trust me, it doesn't hurt. And it prevents me from eventually popping you in the head.
          It could be inflamed sinuses, which will make you sniffle too. If that's the case give them Chinese hot mustard. Not only is it delicious, but it will cure it.
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
            It could be inflamed sinuses, which will make you sniffle too. If that's the case give them Chinese hot mustard. Not only is it delicious, but it will cure it.
            And be kinda funny if you just put it on a pretzel w/o telling em its spicy!
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Rant: I didn't sleep last night and now I'm cranky.

Mostly art.

Comment

ARGH MEN*

*The men in my life. Two of them, not all of them.

Comment

I have been told that there is a maintenance worker who does not carry a pager, but has people coming in for a meeting today. WEhen they arrive, make an overhead announcement. Upon informing them of this, I was told, then call security, they can do it. The most fun part of this is... when they call security, that's me, I am security! No I just wear the bloody uncomfortable uniform for jollies. See if you don't miss your meeting today, ass...
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

SADFACE

I got some additional long-term freelance work last week that would bump me up into breaking even regarding my monthly expenses. It was a big chunk of money, and fairly flexible. Unfortunately, I got an email today that said they had to cut me. Apparently they got budget cuts and couldn't take on more freelancer content writers after all

I was going to keep looking for work anyway, because this wasn't well paid per text (it added up though! I could have made 700-1000 Euros per month and I could reduced it as I got more higher paying work), but it would have paid my monthly expenses, and now I'm going to have to look harder for work to fill in that gap.

Comment

Grr.. when I was in Germany, I was driven mad by the dificulty I had in buying a simple lined notebook with a pretty cover. When I came home, the first thing I did was buy a bunch of notebooks, because I could! Who writes a journal on squared paper anyway? Silly Germans.

Then this weekend, I thought it would be nice to start keeping.a journal in kana/kanji. Squares would be much better for practicing neat handwriting. So I went out looking for a pretty notebook with SQUARED paper. Not a soddin' thing. Germany, I'm soo sorry, all is forgiven. Although honestly guys, you DO know you write with the roman alphabet, right?
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Do you want me to mail you one? We have lots!

Edit: and post is cheap

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          Do you want me to mail you one? We have lots!

Edit: and post is cheap
                          Usually, that would be a resounding yes please. I could send you something British (like, A4 narrow ruled file paper, decent tea ^^), in return, but actually, my dad is honeymooning on the Rhine later this year, so I could save you the trouble and ask him to bring me one back. Unless of course, there's something you would like me to send you, then I wouldn't say no to having the notebook a little sooner!
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I wanted to finish this book project so I could take pics for Maria, but I'm too tired. Getting...sleepy...
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                            surrounded by plush, downy things,
                            ill prepared, but willing,
                            to descend."

Comment

I'd considered posting in the adult area but figured I could hold my tongue, with the profanity, so here goes:

The inconsiderate nature of our "former" boarder (I say 'former', in quotes, solely because, though she moved out of the house, her belongings are still here) came shining through, yet again. I must preface this, though, by saying that I loathe gossip rings. Talking about a second party, with this person, and then going on to talk about a friend of that second party, and her relationship with an abusive man that is NOT the second party.

Confused? Wait. It gets better.

"Former" is talking with her male friend, that is requesting "friends with benefits" with her, so he can still pursue this other woman he has the hots for - though that woman is in an abusive relationship, she tells him that it isn't permanent - and his request is flatly denied. He then goes on to talk about how that woman is allowing the abuse to continue. "Former" then says to him, "Rephrase!"

I'm already hot under the collar because NONE of this is of any interest to me, whatsoever. I ask, "Rephrase? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" She tells me that he's making it sound as if it's in the victim's control, at all, the abuses that the guy dishes out to her. "Wait, what?" I say.

At this point, I should admit that I may just piss off every woman on the site, here, but I'm steaming full-ahead, regardless.

I'm not-so-patiently told that the victim isn't ever in any control, at all. "They are simply controlled," she knows, firsthand, because she's BEEN that victim.

"Oh, bull!" Not that she is or isn't, has or hasn't been, a victim. But that a victim is simply at the complete mercy of her abuser. She goes back to him, it's not his doing. She leaves him, it's not his doing. You, yourself, are no longer with your ex. So much for his control!

Yet, after all this, I'm dead wrong. She storms out, pissed that I won't pity the victim, simply for being a victim, and condemn, wholesale, only the abuser. From my experience, abuse that is one way, like that, is a bit like a maelstrom in that it is nearly impossible to extract yourself from it. Particularly, if there's some inner confusion with emotions and 'expected acceptance' crap. "But I still love him," being pretty much a cliche, now, in that regard.

I am an insensitive bastard, with no compassion for battered women and, in fact, blame the woman for the abuse she receives? Oh, hell no! She did NOT just go there!!

Yup. She did.

"Well. That explains why *you* were abused!"

Two can play that game, sister!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

At this point, I should admit that I may just piss off every woman on the site, here, but I'm steaming full-ahead, regardless.

I'm not-so-patiently told that the victim isn't ever in any control, at all. "They are simply controlled," she knows, firsthand, because she's BEEN that victim.

"Oh, bull!" Not that she is or isn't, has or hasn't been, a victim. But that a victim is simply at the complete mercy of her abuser. She goes back to him, it's not his doing. She leaves him, it's not his doing. You, yourself, are no longer with your ex. So much for his control!
                                Actually, I agree with this. Maybe it's a little harsh, but there's quite a lot of truth to it. I was in an emotionally abusive relationship for about half a year. Was I mistreated and confused? Absolutely. But, I could have walked out any time. I knew, deep down, that what he was doing wasn't right, I just didn't want to admit that because I preferred the security of deluding myself into thinking it was all okay, no matter how screwed up I was getting emotionally. That part was all my fault, and I could have stopped it any time. Took me six months to get around to it. Of course, that doesn't excuse all of his controlling, manipulative, belittling, Edward Cullen-ish behavior (you can't hang out with that friend or this friend, you can't go out today, you have to tell me where you are at all times so I can "protect you", blah, blah, blah, stupid controlling bullshit), but, the fact that I let it go on so long was all on me. Unless the victim is too young to get help or being held hostage, they have the power to leave. Not to say they deserve it, mind you, but they are certainly allowing it to continue. That's more empowering than, "If you're an abuse victim, that's all you are; a victim and you can't do anything to improve the situation."

Comment

Working...
                                X