THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Camp rumours that my roommate and I are dating. Kinda annoyed.

Mostly art.

Comment

Why do people come to the door peddling bibles? THIS IS THE BIBLE BELT - everybody has at least one already.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        Why do people come to the door peddling bibles? THIS IS THE BIBLE BELT - everybody has at least one already.
        You don't have their bible is why
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

Why do they have to make pre-op authorizations so freaking complicated? /headdesk
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Camp rumours that my roommate and I are dating. Kinda annoyed.
            That sucks. You'd think people would have gotten out of their gossiping phase while in high school.
            Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dragon View Post
              That sucks. You'd think people would have gotten out of their gossiping phase while in high school.
              Nope. This never ends. A Navy ship, particularly on deployment? Huge gossip machine. Whenever you put people into a confined space/area, with limited access to the outside world, and limited forms of entertainment, (and I'm pretty sure a remote mining camp is like a Navy ship in this) the only thing left to do is talk..............and nothing is more entertaining than people drama (because politics and religion get old after a while, and not everyone wants to talk about sex or sports).
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

In the end it's usually pretty harmless, though, so I don't usually worry about it
                "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
                -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
                without his weapons of war;
                for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
                of a spear on the way without.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  Nope. This never ends. A Navy ship, particularly on deployment? Huge gossip machine. Whenever you put people into a confined space/area, with limited access to the outside world, and limited forms of entertainment, (and I'm pretty sure a remote mining camp is like a Navy ship in this) the only thing left to do is talk..............and nothing is more entertaining than people drama (because politics and religion get old after a while, and not everyone wants to talk about sex or sports).
                  ^This.

I'd add that talking about people is the lowest common denominator, really. Most other topics for discussion usually involve some effort, or at least thought. Generally speaking, gossipers simply stay away from the heavy topics.

IMO, as much as I detest the shit, it probably is a decent escape from the (WTF is the word??) labor and thought in those types of situations. I just prefer to do my own thinking. Which involves having original thought in the first place.

Then, of course, there's always the fun part of actually causing people to gossip. You know? Giving them something to talk about? I've been known to start a scandal or two, just to see how far the gossip ring will take my behavior and run with it. Does that make me evil?

And, yes. I know: I'm off topic as hell. Sue me.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

You guys are awesome.

Mostly art.

Comment

Another piece of my broken tooth in back broke off. I bet by Tuesday night, it will be an easy pull.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sounds like it's going to wind up being more of a mining operation than a tooth pull by the time you get there Bet it'll be such a relief once it's finally out, though.
                        "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
                        without his weapons of war;
                        for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
                        of a spear on the way without.
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          Another piece of my broken tooth in back broke off. I bet by Tuesday night, it will be an easy pull.
                          That just sent chills down my spine.

Seriously. TWITCH!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            What's really fun with broken teeth is that sometimes, even after the remains are pulled out, little chips and chunks will work their way out of the socket & healing gum for weeks afterwards. It's like you're teething all over again.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                              What's really fun with broken teeth is that sometimes, even after the remains are pulled out, little chips and chunks will work their way out of the socket & healing gum for weeks afterwards. It's like you're teething all over again.
                              :='(: oh hell no

oh my rant. Feeling under the weather with the tooth thing...being the only waitress on all 40 lanes....extreme bowling time comes 2 hours before we close...and so does a group of 20 children! At least I made monies. But dayum.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

^No way in hell! Not a chance! They couldn't pay me enough!

Is it possible to go "postal" in a bowling alley? Or is that reserved for just the Post Office? Hmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X