THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I feel your pain Medusa! I have a bit of a stinker this week too. Working my usual 10 hour shifts for the next four days, then I get Friday off (although I'm here in the morning of course, so it's not quite a day off). I'll need to sleep at night too, because they have me covering the 8-10 dayshift, ending on a sleep-in, on Saturday. I finally get home on Sunday morning after the sleep-in.

I REALLY need the overtime though. It's only a few months before I take over tenancy of the flat, and there is no sign of JP finding a job anytime soon. I'd rather not have to spend my savings for our Japan trip, but it's looking more and more likely that I'll end up having to use that money to live. The more hours I work, the longer I can hold on to that precious cash.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      I feel your pain Medusa! I have a bit of a stinker this week too. Working my usual 10 hour shifts for the next four days, then I get Friday off (although I'm here in the morning of course, so it's not quite a day off). I'll need to sleep at night too, because they have me covering the 8-10 dayshift, ending on a sleep-in, on Saturday. I finally get home on Sunday morning after the sleep-in.

I REALLY need the overtime though. It's only a few months before I take over tenancy of the flat, and there is no sign of JP finding a job anytime soon. I'd rather not have to spend my savings for our Japan trip, but it's looking more and more likely that I'll end up having to use that money to live. The more hours I work, the longer I can hold on to that precious cash.
      Oh I feel you on the cash. Except mine is just gonna get saved. I'm pretty thrift and don't want for much any more. And I'm too tired to spend it!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have to work a day shift tomorrow.

I tried staying up yesterday, but couldn't make it past 5.

Woke up at 3am. Yay.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I don't know how you ladies do it...I could never function on a night shift! I can't even last past 2 am on a night out, and without sunlight my body shuts down!

Comment

Ugh apparently my building management company is too stupid to figure out how much I've paid them. First off, they tried to tell me my management/maintenance fee (I'm a condo owner) was late (it wasn't; I paid it early). I emailed them, informing them that I HAD paid it, and heard nothing from them for 3 weeks. Now she writes back and tries to tell me that it's for a bill we got at the beginning of the year, which apparently I didn't pay (I did). She then sends me this statement which is a disaster, and has that bill labelled as my maintenance fee, and it's missing a maintenance fee payment (which I made at the end of December...I always pay early). I've written with all the money I've paid, the dates the transfer went through, and what it was for (which month, etc, because apparently they're too stupid to figure it out). I don't see this being that easy though. This is Germany, and companies need to pretty much be hit up the side of the head to admit that they made a mistake, and they will push it and push it and push it until you think you're going to go insane.

It's times like this I wish I had a lawyer. Germany is a litigious culture...it would be over in a snap if I could call a lawyer. Unfortunately it's for such a negligible amount that it's not worth hiring one over.

Comment

Five days work week is done. That's good.

I made it home and didn't really eat so much today. My sugar tanked and I'm shaking while eating some cantaloupe. I can't even enjoy my food. I feel like crap.

Comment

this insomnia is going to be the death of me. i can't sleep for more then 2 hours at a time. meh -.-
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Five days work week is done. That's good.

I made it home and didn't really eat so much today. My sugar tanked and I'm shaking while eating some cantaloupe. I can't even enjoy my food. I feel like crap.
                  You has the diabeetus. You need to eat more regularly. *disapproving mom stare*

Mostly art.

Comment

ITS = Possessive pronoun
                    IT'S = contraction of 'it is'

I learnt this in primary school so why do I STILL keep getting it wrong when I type? I feel I owe all my past students a refund.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      You has the diabeetus. You need to eat more regularly. *disapproving mom stare*
                      I got the overly doting dad stare from dumuzi earlier today.

Comment

Can't sleep. Too warm, feel sickly and there's a blackbird singing outside my window. Just want this shift to be over with so I can go home and rest properly. I thought I would make good use of the time and play random anime episodes that I can listen to with my eyes closed and try to make out the 'story'. At least it would be practicing my Japanese, right?

Eugh, why is this crap so popular? As topical as it is (giving instructions is what I've just been studying), why have I just had to listen to EIGHT minutes of how to eat various sweets? Why Japan? Seriously why did you make this anime?? I thought, as the video is 28 minutes long, that it would offer a nice long listening excercise. Instead, my brain has melted into something as gooey and creamy as the treats they're talking about..

I just wanna go home..

Comment

I hate when hubby's tired and I'm not. He goes to bed and gets grumpy that I'm not next to him. And I get grumpy that I'm sitting awake in a cold and empty living room (or in this case, a hot and empty one.....ugh, damn you summer!). But I'm too wide awake to sleep! And it only makes it worse when he's snoring next to me......

Maybe I'll down an over-the-counter sleep aid tonight. Just so I can beat the insomnia. ;P

Comment

^ I'm a night owl, my boyfriend, although staying up late, needs to sleep at night. The way we get around it, is we go to bed slightly early, do 'couple' things (which can just be hugging thank you -.-), then when he has fallen asleep in my arms, I tip-toe back through to the livingroom and geek it out with my textbooks for the rest of the night!

Comment

I hate how wanting to work a 40-hour week is barely "reasonable" anymore, and if you say that you think it's wrong that 50+ is becoming the norm (even here in Berlin, even though that was never popular in Germany), people think you're just lazy. I think we all need to be fighting for our rights as employees, but it's so hard when everyone seems to be buying into being a slave for their company.

There are NUMEROUS studies on this...it's not just me. It's not only NOT HEALTHY to work more than 50 hours a week, it's also not productive. And these studies include breaks in with working time most of the time...in Berlin, it's popular to do an 8 hour day working PLUS your break...so you're at work 9 hours. It still feels like 9 hours to me, so I always opted for shorter breaks. If you count it the way it's done in English speaking countries, that's still not bad (45 hours...totally doable) but considering you're expected to put in so much overtime, it ends up being 50+ hours a week. I think that's totally reasonable for special projects, but if it's all the time, the company should hire more people....not just because it's easier on employees, but because productivity will make up for the cost of the extra workers.

Comment

So apparently I'm working another 6 day work week. Apparently my tool job really likes me. Apparently when I said I CAN'T work that much..well I must not have meant it. Apparently I'm gonna start being a bad employee!

My ONLY day off this week is Thursday. And that will be after six days straight. Also tonight I don't get to sleep. We are short bday party hosts for tomorrow day shift. I already know I'm going to have to go in. So I'm just saving them time in asking me.

Because I'm a good employee.

grumble grumble

Comment

Working...
                                X