Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    CrystalJackal, some people, like some Jello, set quicker than others. When I was 16 I loved horse racing, knew I never wanted kids, was very equality-minded, loved animals more than people, valued my independence & freedom (I was counting the days until I'd go away to college.) Now I'm 58, love horse racing, never had kids, am very equality-minded, love animals more than people, and have lived on my own for decades & love it. In other words, I was "me" at a pretty early age about lots of things. Some other things came and went, but the foundation was there. If that's how you feel, just quietly be who you are, and keep in mind that you have lots of options if anything doesn't fit right. It's OK to change your mind, and it's OK not to!
    I'm a little curious about how a child can identify with being either hetero or homo. I don't think I was remotely aware of any of that until I was around 12 or 13, past puberty. I was kinda sheltered, though.
    Well, when you're you know, 6 or 7, you do vaguely understand who you think is attractive and who you don't, right? You get kiddie crushes. A lot of kids have crushes on Disney characters or that one person in thier third grade class for example. And as you grow older you get a stronger understanding of who you're attracted to. Honestly, and this is kind of embarrassing to admit, I first realized I was attracted to women because I basically fell in love with Natalie Portman in the Star Wars movies, which I first saw when I was 6-ish. I didn't have a NAME for how I felt, I was EXTREMELY sheltered, but I knew I was attracted to women and, as I discovered, not to men.

Scarily enough kids dating in elementary school is not a rare thing to see. Five or six of my Fifth-grade sister's friends have boyfriends.

So basically that's how. Even if you don't understand what it means exactly, you understand who you're attracted to from a young-ish age. We've all had childhood crushes right? It's like that.

I hope that kind of explains it.

Also, thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experiences

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    I'm probably one of the biggest feminists on this forum....but. Women are, biologically speaking, baby making machines...whether they choose the "on" switch or not. Men just plain lack the plumbing for producing eggs, giving them a place to grow, and then shoving them out into the world and feeding them. While one day, that may be a technological possibility, for the past 3.5 million years of hominid development, its been a biological impossibility. Biologically speaking, females are the only group in our species that can do it (an ability that has nothing to do with possessing the skill to mother said children). Cultural practices and societal norms have been constructed to preserve that biological imperative, because in doing so, they preserve themselves.

Luckily, humans have figured out how to be more than our biology and culture from time to time.

Not wanting children or being unable to have them, or thinking that for one of many reasons you should not have them, makes you a statistical outlier. If you choose to not have children (and personally, as a parent, I think more people SHOULD choose NOT to have children) good for you (trust me, you are a better parent for not having brought children into this world than the parent that had 'em and didn't want 'em). And while there is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to have children, whether you are a man or a woman, people are always going to have a problem with it because it is a socially deviant* choice.

*This is not an insult. Making socially deviant choices is neither good nor bad...it just means you are going against the societal norm that you exist in. Choosing something that deviates from the social norm is never going to be easy. Failure to accept this is self-delusional--in some cases, social norms exist for good reasons (including the idea of having children), in other cases they exist for bad reasons (women being subservient to men). Either way, if you choose to be a statistical outlier (regardless of the reason), effing OWN it.
    I'm the defenition of social deviant, hehe . Everyone wants the latest Iphone? I got a flipphone.
    Did you catch the latest episode of Scandal? No, I was watching I Love Lucy.
    Why don't you wear colors? Becuase I like black b*tch. But you'd be so pretty if you didn't dress like "that"! Aaaand, do you have a problem with goths? That's what I thought.
    Wear this outfit! Sure.... where's the rest of it? And does it come in black.
    Do you have instagram? Do I have....... what? This dress is so cute, right? That's not a dress. That is a shirt. OMG (insert celebrity name here) did (insert ridiculous stunt here)! ............ Who?
    Hey,(Insert teenage slang and/or text speak here)!......... Uh, can you say that in English maybe?
    (This is actually how my day goes. It's ridiculous.)

And I choose not to have children mainly because one, I can't stand kids. Two, I KNOW I would be a terrible parent. And I'm saying that not because I hate myself or anything but because I'm not good with people in general. I get very anxious just holding a casual conversation with a good friend, then I OBSESS over what I said for the rest of the day freaking out I said something bad or wrong. I get anxious in crowded places...... honestly I'm just not one for social interaction with humans. I like animals better. And kids require social interaction........ so that's a problem. I get frustrated WAY too easily, and while I can sit there for hours to train an animal, I have no patience for people. I almost had an anxiety attack when I thought my RAT was sick. If I had kids I would be basically CONSTANTLY anxious something was wrong.
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
      Well, when you're you know, 6 or 7, you do vaguely understand who you think is attractive and who you don't, right? You get kiddie crushes. A lot of kids have crushes on Disney characters or that one person in thier third grade class for example. And as you grow older you get a stronger understanding of who you're attracted to. Honestly, and this is kind of embarrassing to admit, I first realized I was attracted to women because I basically fell in love with Natalie Portman in the Star Wars movies, which I first saw when I was 6-ish. I didn't have a NAME for how I felt, I was EXTREMELY sheltered, but I knew I was attracted to women and, as I discovered, not to men.
      I used to watch beauty pageants, etc. and thought the girls were beautiful, but it was more of an "I want to look like that when I grow up" kind of thing, I guess. When that famous Farrah Fawcett poster was around when I was in college, I had a small version taped to my makeup mirror as diet and hair inspiration.

And, I just realized you may not know who that is or what I'm talking about LOL I tend to live in the 70's in my head. Scroll down a little and it's on the left hand side. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farrah_Fawcett
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        I used to watch beauty pageants, etc. and thought the girls were beautiful, but it was more of an "I want to look like that when I grow up" kind of thing, I guess. When that famous Farrah Fawcett poster was around when I was in college, I had a small version taped to my makeup mirror as diet and hair inspiration.

And, I just realized you may not know who that is or what I'm talking about LOL I tend to live in the 70's in my head. Scroll down a little and it's on the left hand side. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farrah_Fawcett
        Yeah. For me, it was a "I want to kiss her" type thing. ^^ I see what you mean though.

Comment

I agree with Thal.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

We just posted our "we're a poly family photos" to Facebook. Waiting for the hate to commence. We'll see what happens. But if Facebook gets much worse I'm dropping it.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Honestly,I do not understand why people react negatively to Poly or any other alternative family thing. How does it even effect the others who have traditional relationships.
              I am mainly monogamous,but that is just my thing,and I do not care what other people do,not my concern.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

*Someone sleeping next to a woman*
                Male: "Because the happiness of others threatens traditional family values! That's what I told my wife this morning."

Comment

Someone on youtube told me he had nothing against gays, but the definition of marriage has been completely destroyed because of the SCOTUS desicion. And THEN he said he's met homosexuals who agree with that statement. Look, if there is one gay person who is extremely upset they can GET MARRIED NOW I'll run around my house in a sparkly pink dress singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

Honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, about poly. If people are in love, let them alone. Love is love. Now, I don't know about that guy on "Sister-wives" he seems like a shady creep to me. But if you're poly, I say more power to you. Love who you want, and plug in your earphones so the haters don't get to you

Comment

Someone on youtube told me he had nothing against gays, but the definition of marriage has been completely destroyed because of the SCOTUS desicion. And THEN he said he's met homosexuals who agree with that statement. Look, if there is one gay person who is extremely upset they can GET MARRIED NOW I'll run around my house in a sparkly pink dress singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

Honestly.
                    That sounds horrifying. The sparkly pink dress, I mean. I'm pretty sure that everyone looks scary in a sparkly pink dress. I know I would. If I approached my family in a sparkly pink dress, they would probably be like, "What have you done with our (insert Gas Mask's real name)? GET THE GUNS!"
                    "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Actually, I think there was a big controversy about gay European fashion designers who were opposed to gay marriage. I think it was Dolce and Gabbana.

Comment

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
                        That sounds horrifying. The sparkly pink dress, I mean. I'm pretty sure that everyone looks scary in a sparkly pink dress. I know I would. If I approached my family in a sparkly pink dress, they would probably be like, "What have you done with our (insert Gas Mask's real name)? GET THE GUNS!"
                        I'm a goth. Forget the guns, my family would get the SWAT.

Comment

I'm a goth. Forget the guns, my family would get the SWAT.
                          Yeah, my idea of dressing up is wearing my Chucks and my My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic tee. I don't care what anyone says. Derpy is the most adorable thing ever and Chucks are awesome.
                          Yeah, my idea of dressing up is wearing my Chucks and my My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic tee. I don't care what anyone says. Derpy is the most adorable thing ever and Chucks are awesome.
                          "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
                            Derpy really is adorable Although I have to admit Fluttershy is my favorite.
                            I usually wear lace, but when I'm really lazy and I'm not going anywhere I'm the one who walks around in a battered old Scooby Doo Where Are You T-Shirt. I'm a sucker for old 60s cartoons

Comment

Actually that is true..Weird as it may sound. I ran across a site where Gays were angry about Gay marriage. The explanation had something to do with why people have to be married period or something,and gays being "Forced" to become "Normal" brainwashed social robots or something.I do not remember the site,but the whole thing caught me off guard.

Check it out yourself....
                              http://www.againstequality.org/stuff...-gay-marriage/
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                Actually that is true..Weird as it may sound. I ran across a site where Gays were angry about Gay marriage. The explanation had something to do with why people have to be married period or something,and gays being "Forced" to become "Normal" brainwashed social robots or something.I do not remember the site,but the whole thing caught me off guard.

Check it out yourself....
                                http://www.againstequality.org/stuff...-gay-marriage/
                                Everybody wants a big slice of a little political pie.

That's the way the game is played...
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X