X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cats or dogs?

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Hm, well in my opinion all of those are better than how dogs delight in eating feces haha

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
      Hm, well in my opinion all of those are better than how dogs delight in eating feces haha
      LOL - well, that's an amazingly good point.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I also disagree with the characterizations that some of those studies prove how it (the cat) is a jerk. The idea clearly indicates a human's expectation that a feline companion is to be judged on how similar it is to a dog. That's precisely the same exact kind of nonsense that is used when judging how stupid a dog is, for its social needs, as an example, by comparing it to cat behaviors.

Anthropomorphization and unequal comparisons (apples and oranges).

-------

I'm too far from anywhere that has dolphins up for adoption. Maybe a nice raccoon, instead. If there is such a thing... they might all be jerks, too.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm preeeeeeeety sure that was intended as humor, and shouldn't be taken with any seriousness at all.

We have six cats. I love cats.

We have one dog. I love dogs.

I'm just oozing love all over the floor...

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Pear to plums, Jet cat is definitely dumber and more loving than Tessa dog, Arwen dog is dumber and more loving than Willow cat, Baby cat is more cuddly and Loghain cat is more devious than all animals.

I'm the jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              I'm preeeeeeeety sure that was intended as humor, and shouldn't be taken with any seriousness at all.

We have six cats. I love cats.

We have one dog. I love dogs.

I'm just oozing love all over the floor...

**brings a mop**

Yeah, btw, when I went back, to share it with family, it was listed as satire. However, the studies cited and all that were seemingly valid, so the conclusions were reinforced, even though subjectivity and semantics played a role.

So, yeah. I was feeling a bit foolish over my own gullibility, there. Much like my first run-in with Landover Baptist Church (nearly 15 years ago, now. Where does the time go?) before they started adding disclaimers everywhere.

I iz humbled. Can I haz cheeseburger now?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Cats all the way!

Dogs irritate the ever living hell out of me. They bark, they stink, they constantly demand attention, and they're under your heels all the time. I hate being jumped and slobbered on when I walk into a house. They're completely man-made and were created to serve a purpose. I just don't understand their appeal as pets, but to each their own.

Cats, on the other hand, domesticated themselves on their own terms. Nature fashioned them flawlessly - no training or genetic meddling required. They're clean and quiet, and instead of steamrolling you when you walk through the door, they sit and wait patiently for you to come to them. Their tongues are dry, so if they do lick you, it's not a goobery mess. Their coats are softer and they're as flexible as gymnasts. Not to mention they live longer (my oldest cat has outlived three of our dogs at age 22). They're altogether much more cleverly designed than canines.

Comment

When we first adopted our cat in the middle of 2007 and gave it milk, the cat almost died.
                  Now we are not certain about giving it milk so it won't die.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                    When we first adopted our cat in the middle of 2007 and gave it milk, the cat almost died.
                    Now we are not certain about giving it milk so it won't die.
                    Most cats are lactose intolerant, to put it in layman's terms. They don't need milk and it's actually not good for them as they lack the digestive enzymes to properly process it. Couple that with the fact that most people put milk down in a dish and leave it there for hours and you've also got a recipe for food poisoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                      Most cats are lactose intolerant, to put it in layman's terms. They don't need milk and it's actually not good for them as they lack the digestive enzymes to properly process it. Couple that with the fact that most people put milk down in a dish and leave it there for hours and you've also got a recipe for food poisoning.
                      Hm... It explains a lot....
                      Thank you for the information, I will consider it as a factor from now on.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Starless View Post
                      Cats all the way!

Dogs irritate the ever living hell out of me. They bark, they stink, they constantly demand attention, and they're under your heels all the time. I hate being jumped and slobbered on when I walk into a house. They're completely man-made and were created to serve a purpose. I just don't understand their appeal as pets, but to each their own.

Cats, on the other hand, domesticated themselves on their own terms. Nature fashioned them flawlessly - no training or genetic meddling required. They're clean and quiet, and instead of steamrolling you when you walk through the door, they sit and wait patiently for you to come to them. Their tongues are dry, so if they do lick you, it's not a goobery mess. Their coats are softer and they're as flexible as gymnasts. Not to mention they live longer (my oldest cat has outlived three of our dogs at age 22). They're altogether much more cleverly designed than canines.
                      There is something in your words.
                      Some years ago I had watched a cat-circus show. The was Russian and he trainer the cats to perform different tricks, such as walking on a narrow rope. Here is a video from one of the concerts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LcMz614d18
                      I think it is a torture for the cats. They are creatures that need to be taken care of, fed and they demand warm treatment. It's not their destiny to perform such tricks!

Since we have a middle sized dog and a cat, I must pay attention to both of them and treat both warmly both of them. But I love the cat more. =^_^=
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

i love my completely black cat more than id ever love a dog plus i have a weird conection with cats
                        Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

I adore cats! I like dogs, but I love cats. I'm also more allergic to dogs than I am to cats. After my last cat died I went almost two years without a cat because I just wasn't ready to have another cat. I missed having a cat the whole time and am so glad to have one again! I've never really had a dog at all my whole adult life, and I really don't miss having one either. (There was always a family dog when I was growing up.)

Comment

I am much more a cat person ^_^ They are just so adorable (all ages)! Though, the naked ones scare me.

BUT dogs can be enjoyable too ... they're just doofy XD Prefer cats more though

Comment

I like both but it is definitely cats over dogs for me.

Comment

For me it's always come down to the individual. I have had cats I was amazingly connected to and a dog I was amazingly connected to, and others that we lived together, but that was about it.

Down deep I'm a rabbit person. I love them, never want to live without them, and goldfish, and salamanders, but they don't interact. But rabbits, all the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X