This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cats or dogs?

I like both. Cats are easier to care for so I tend to choose them over dogs in terms of what I own. However, I like both equally.

Comment

We have always had both. If I had to choose one over the other I am more a dog person but it's nice to have a cat and dog around.

Comment

I don't choose them, they just appear. The dog, Jack was about a week away from dying when we took him in. He had been a tortured puppy . Then came the first cat, Chloe Kiki Poofy Cat, showed up last febuary in the snow. Starving, all matted up, very dirty with a wound on her neck. Couldn't say no to that. Then a few months ago, the racing pigeon showed up with a messed up foot. I located the owner through the band on its leg, he told me to take him about 10 miles down the road and let him go. I did, he came back here again. So the owner said just to keep him. Last month came Charlie Napalm Underfoot, a stray kitten. We were around our fire pit and he showed up, followed by who I suspect might be his mamma the next evening....It's getting quite crowded here.

Comment

I love both, I really do, but dogs are too big for my apartment, (my husband doesnt want a "rat dog") and I have an evil kitty and a sweet kitty, but they are hard to tell who is evil and who is sweet much of the time. The rescue cat we have has 3 legs and when she was a kitten she had a whole lot of intestinal parasites, so now her growth is quite stunted and she is perpetually tiny. sorry for the minor derail, my cats make me chatty...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Dude, I think you didn't try ever to feel the dogs.
            they are the only creatures created with some special attributes that anyone else hasn't.
            did you get?
            I love dogs.

Comment

I put both too. I've always had both in my life, along with various fish/rodents/reptiles/amphibians etc. Life isn't really complete without pets no matter what shape they come in :^^:
              Last edited by Jasmine; 18 Sep 2012, 07:02. Reason: I can't type straight this afternoon *sigh*
              ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

Hard to make a choice. I love cats for their mysterious facet, their wildness and their deep affection but i also love dogs for their immeasurable loyalty, their protection and their devotion. Some cats got dog's temper and vice versa.

I think that having cat and dog at the same time brings a good balance between some sides which aren't that opposite after all.

Comment

I would choose both, but I love dogs the most. First of all, I'm allergic to cats, but in some situations I'm fine around them. I think cats are lots of fun to play with, but for some reason I see them as more lazy as dogs. They always run away and sit around unless you put a toy (or anything they can mess around with) in front of them. I love dogs more because they always want to play, which always makes my day. Their playful mood always seems so happy, which makes me feel happy when I'm upset. The only problem I have with dogs is that some of them don't even mind the invisible electric fence, and some of them are so smart and clever. Oh, and they bark a lot (especially the small dogs). It's also neat to find out what they'll dig up. One of my dogs is handy in keeping the rats and mice out of the house and digging into their homes (sorry mice). Dogs can also be more protective.
                  "Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths."
                  -Muhammad Ali

Comment

I love both but I like cats a bit more.
                    Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

I put cats. I'm not exactly a 'dog person' though I do love both. I am quite readily known as 'a cat person'.

The real question is about other animals. Reptiles, arachnids, birds and fish, to name a few. I'm fish and reptiles. Along with cats.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

dog and cat are cute when they are not mine . but if it is feed by me , that will be crazy.

Comment

Well my vote goes for the dog only because I really love the honest animal too much and always loyal to its owner in comparison to the cats, although cats are more cutest and lovable....

Comment

Dogs without question. Some my earliest photos show me sitting in an wooden apple crate with my first puppy named Cookie. I'm a soft touch for any stray animal(all my dogs are rescue dogs) so dogs are not exclusive in this area. I rescued a kitten that was dumped in the parking structure at work last year and gave to my oldest daughter who was looking for a cat at the time. And then there are Corbin's many cats that enjoy walking on me as I try to sleep when I go for a visit. But dogs are tops on my list.
                            Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I put cats as big or loud dogs tend to terrify me.

Comment

Has to be a dog for me. I relate so much better to a dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X