Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats or dogs?

Jun 2005
    Religion
    Kemetic
    Phrase
    Ferocious as a furby

Re: Cats or dogs?

It's both for me, though I am more of a cat person.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Feb 2011
    Religion
    Druid

Here's our dog. Sorry no pics of our 2 cats.

Before we were "stuck" with Diamond (our older daughter 'rescued' her and then dumped her on us) I would have said that I was a 'cat person', but Diamond is the perfect dog for us. She doesn't bark, chew, scratch or jump on people; she's beautiful and mellow. Her one flaw is that, given the chance, she'll run off and go exploring. But what can you expect from a Greenland husky?
    Last edited by Gobae; 21 Jun 2012 at 05:51.

Jun 2012
    Religion
    My own path with my own belief system. Irish influence.

Both. Grew up with dogs, but friends had cats. Lots of great things about both. I also think that a lot depends on one's lifestyle. Cats, from what I have seen, are more tolerant of abrupt changes to the routine than dogs are. Which makes sense, as dogs are pack animals and cats tend to be more solitary. The fact that you don't have to walk the cat or let it out to relieve itself also factors in.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

=(^x^)=

I actually chose both, because I DO adore dogs for their tireless loyalty and eagerness to serve, but from a young age, I've been obsessed with cats (and ponies). I buy anything with cats on, and because I wear children's clothes, a lot of my clothing has cats on. When I was in school, I used to wear a cat bell on a chain around my neck and I would wear cat collars as bracelets (kept me flea-free I guess). I might start doing that again actually, because you can get some really pretty cat collars. There are so many photos of me as a kid, dressed up as a cat, and I STILL collect cat ears to this day! I have been having a tough time with work hours and not sleeping, so I wore my cat ears for work yesterday to cheer myself up!! My plan is to eventually have cats on almost every pair of socks I own, although it's currently only about half of them.

I think it may have been my love of cats that first attracted me to Egyptian deities when I first came to paganism. Although it was Isis who ventually took me under her wing (literally I guess!!).

I have NO idea why I love them so much. They are just so amazing: cute and fluffy and yet always retain something of the wild about them.

Too bad I can't add youtube links on my phone. I'd love to show you a vid of a fat cat called Maru, who does this hilarious thing with boxes!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

I put cats. I love both, but I could never have a dog as a pet...they're a lot more work and it doesn't suit my lifestyle at all. Hard to travel with a dog!

Jun 2012
    Religion
    Wiccan

I like both. Cats are easier to care for so I tend to choose them over dogs in terms of what I own. However, I like both equally.

May 2012
    Religion
    Heathen

We have always had both. If I had to choose one over the other I am more a dog person but it's nice to have a cat and dog around.

Sep 2012
    Religion
    I have no idea. I just am.

I don't choose them, they just appear. The dog, Jack was about a week away from dying when we took him in. He had been a tortured puppy . Then came the first cat, Chloe Kiki Poofy Cat, showed up last febuary in the snow. Starving, all matted up, very dirty with a wound on her neck. Couldn't say no to that. Then a few months ago, the racing pigeon showed up with a messed up foot. I located the owner through the band on its leg, he told me to take him about 10 miles down the road and let him go. I did, he came back here again. So the owner said just to keep him. Last month came Charlie Napalm Underfoot, a stray kitten. We were around our fire pit and he showed up, followed by who I suspect might be his mamma the next evening....It's getting quite crowded here.

Aug 2012
    Religion
    animist hedge witch.
    Phrase
    Even if you're only a boy, you can fight like a girl!

I love both, I really do, but dogs are too big for my apartment, (my husband doesnt want a "rat dog") and I have an evil kitty and a sweet kitty, but they are hard to tell who is evil and who is sweet much of the time. The rescue cat we have has 3 legs and when she was a kitten she had a whole lot of intestinal parasites, so now her growth is quite stunted and she is perpetually tiny. sorry for the minor derail, my cats make me chatty...

Denzel

Dude, I think you didn't try ever to feel the dogs.
    they are the only creatures created with some special attributes that anyone else hasn't.
    did you get?
    I love dogs.