Disturbing graves or Helping to maintain graves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disturbing graves or Helping to maintain graves

Something i ran across today: In a graveyard a man saw that a tomb was some what out of shape and the casket was out in the open. So this man tryed to push the casket back in so it would be more inside its tomb. This man soon found out he had pissed the spirit off by moving the casket. So he left it as is and went on.

What would you do ? leave things as they are ? Try to help in some way ? If you would help how would you go about it ?

Re: Disturbing graves or Helping to maintain graves

Hmm... How did he know he upset the spirit?

I'd probably report something like that to the authorities, as grave robbing, etc., are probably happening. Mundane first, right?

That said, when I lived in ca before, a couple of years ago, we lived in a development that was originally part of the graveyard next to it. Old graveyard, for a Portuguese catholic church in the area. Saw some interesting things because of that. Parts of that graveyard I did not take my daughter for walks in.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
      Hmm... How did he know he upset the spirit?

I'd probably report something like that to the authorities, as grave robbing, etc., are probably happening. Mundane first, right?

That said, when I lived in ca before, a couple of years ago, we lived in a development that was originally part of the graveyard next to it. Old graveyard, for a Portuguese catholic church in the area. Saw some interesting things because of that. Parts of that graveyard I did not take my daughter for walks in.

Im not sure how the man felt he had upset the spirit...i kind of forgot. He might have felt a negative energy. Im really not sure how it went.

Comment

I am open-minded about most things around spirits, but one thing I feel very strongly about, is that besides nature spirits, who's only interested in the dead is the decomposition process, a cemetery is one of the least likely places to find a spirit. Why on earth would the soul stay with it's body, or even care?

So based on that, I also think there was probably grave robbing or some kind of distructive violation of the grave going on. The guy who kindly tried to help, just spooked himself.

I understand that historically, I'm out-numbered in my opinion, as many ancient civilisations and modern cultures, believe the dead at least visit their grave sites. I just think it is mainly that they're responding to the living who visit them there, rather than lurking around waiting.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

What he should have done was reported it to the caretaker or cemetery management. They've got the tools to re-inter graves in a way that won't damage the casket & gravesite more than necessary.

I'm a reincarnationist, but I still believe in ghosts. Not everyone chooses to move forward after death (at least, the way I see it), so some may linger around their burial plots. Most ghosts seem to be more inclined to hang around the people & places they knew in life - by the time a body reaches the cemetery, it's long dead (well, most of the time, mistakes can and do happen).
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

^ see, that's why I find it unlikey 'ghosts' would be found in cemeteries. Earthbound spirits would be confused and likely to carry on with activities they did in life. Okay, I jog in the cemetery so maybe my earthbound soul would be seen jiggling through the Garden or Remembrance, but on the whole, there shouldn't be any more activity than anywhere else.

Ah if only zombies were real though....
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I dunno. When I die, I think the very LAST place I'd be hanging around would be my grave. You do the right thing. Report it to the cemetery people and let them take care of it.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I live across the road from a very big cemetery (well big by our standards).... Mr Penry always jokes how quiet the neighbours are....
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                  I live across the road from a very big cemetery (well big by our standards).... Mr Penry always jokes how quiet the neighbours are....

LOL !

Mrs. Penry, Thank you for "Seeking The Green"!

Comment

You're welcome, Dustin - I hope you enjoyed it!
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                    X