Physical Magick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Physical Magick?

This is a massive year for Sport; Euro 2012, Wimbledon and the Olympics. And this made me wonder: is it possible to use Magick to boost one's physical attributes, such as strength, speed and stamina? Perhaps by causing changes at the genetic level?

Re: Physical Magick?

yes and no. at least not on an easy, wide end scale... no shapeshifting into a cheetah or anything. but you can alter your energy and use energy (and even from a psychological pov) to enhance performance. You hear stories of women that lift the front end of a car with one arm to save their baby. This is due to not only adrenaline, but ignoring the restrictions your brain puts on your body. Our muscles are so much more capable of greater strength than we use, otherwise every time you grab the milk from the fridge you'd send it flying into the top of the fridge (which most people have done, because they thought it was full but it wasnt) this is due to your brain judging the strength needed to lift a full milk jug, but overcompensating due to not knowing its nearly empty.

I've used energy manipulation to make me faster, to hit harder, to hold my breath longer, to regulate my temperature (I work where i have to go into walk in coolers/freezers), etc... even if a person doesn't believe energy can do that, sheer psychology shows it would work due to believing that it works, your body will respond likewise.
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Originally posted by Dufonce View Post
      yes and no. at least not on an easy, wide end scale... no shapeshifting into a cheetah or anything. but you can alter your energy and use energy (and even from a psychological pov) to enhance performance. You hear stories of women that lift the front end of a car with one arm to save their baby. This is due to not only adrenaline, but ignoring the restrictions your brain puts on your body. Our muscles are so much more capable of greater strength than we use, otherwise every time you grab the milk from the fridge you'd send it flying into the top of the fridge (which most people have done, because they thought it was full but it wasnt) this is due to your brain judging the strength needed to lift a full milk jug, but overcompensating due to not knowing its nearly empty.

I've used energy manipulation to make me faster, to hit harder, to hold my breath longer, to regulate my temperature (I work where i have to go into walk in coolers/freezers), etc... even if a person doesn't believe energy can do that, sheer psychology shows it would work due to believing that it works, your body will respond likewise.
      Thanks for replying. Do you practice the Martial Arts("hit harder")?

Comment

Originally posted by DrStrange View Post
        Thanks for replying. Do you practice the Martial Arts("hit harder")?
        No I don't, but I understand the physics and metaphysics behind it, I don't however have the technique, though I would like to learn, I also like paying rent... its so expensive these days to learn an art form that once was handed down to those who deserved it, rather than those who had money.
        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Working...
        X