Neith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neith?

So...can anyone in the know send some *good* links, or book references about Neith my way?

purty pleeze...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Neith?

I just did some digging myself, and would like to know more about her as well! Most of the sites I came up with just gave a general overall.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

It's not perfect, but it's a start: http://www.kemet.org/glossary/nit.html
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Henadology is good, too, see: henadology dot wordpress dot com.
        As is Wepwawet Wiki, Wepwawet dot org.

I'm not allowed to post links (yet?) so, sorry if this breaks any rules. Just trying to help.
        Everything I post is to be assumed UPG unless otherwise noted.

Comment

Wepawet wiki isn't really recommended if you're looking for factual information. If I recall it even rips off other sites without crediting them.

I think you have to have so many posts in order to posts links. It's spam prevention.
          my etsy store
          My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
            Wepawet wiki isn't really recommended if you're looking for factual information. If I recall it even rips off other sites without crediting them.

I think you have to have so many posts in order to posts links. It's spam prevention.
            ^Pretty much

And thanks Caelia for the earlier link...for some reason I forgot to do so before!

Is this an ok site? http://ancientegyptonline.co.uk/neith.html

...I'm mainly interested from the weaving/domestic perspective, as an academic exercise...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

And thanks Caelia for the earlier link...for some reason I forgot to do so before!
              No worries

Is this an ok site? http://ancientegyptonline.co.uk/neith.html

...I'm mainly interested from the weaving/domestic perspective, as an academic exercise...
              I find lots of the info questionable, and especially so without sources cited.

ADD: One that came up was attributing Her with the creation of The Uncreated One. While She was a creatrix in some myths no creator deity is necessarily associated with its creation. It just kinda came about when the other gods did.

That said She is associated with weaving, especially since the symbol on Her head is similar to a weaving tool. I know there are some books which sorta cover Her in passing. I'll see if I can dig some of those up. I know for certain Siegfried Morenz sorta discusses Her in the appendix of Egyptian Religion.

- - - Updated - - -

In the meantime, here's a site I really enjoy. Sources are cited, and most are decent at that: http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/religion/neith.htm
              my etsy store
              My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post

Ah, thank you for mentioning this. I like to use it for general, quick information pertaining to UPG offerings.
                Thanks for clearing the thing about posts, too. That makes sense. xD
                Everything I post is to be assumed UPG unless otherwise noted.

Comment

No worries. I know some folks aren't bothered by UPG (I'm one of them), but I wanted to clear up that it wasn't necessarily factual and was indeed based off of someone's or a collective's experience.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

to descend."

Comment

Working...
                  X