Has this happened to anyone else...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this happened to anyone else...?

Whenever I have fellow Wiccan friends who are male, we end up fighting a lot. I'll get really depressed and bad things will start happening, but as soon as they are out of my life things get better. It also happens with them, they get depressed and their lives start getting harder. I've been teaching myself tolerance techniques to just let go of the things that make us fight and avoid the fights, but it's hard sometimes. We don't always fight either, just knowing each other will make things harder.

Why does this happen, and is there a way to fix it? I really want to have male friends, but it just doesn't seem possible at all.
    Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
    http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Re: Has this happened to anyone else...?

This happen with guys in general or is it very specific to Wiccan/Pagan/etc guys?
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Just Wiccan/ Pagans, ect. They seem to be the only type of guys I really talk to.

Comment

Could it be the area you're in? I haven't spent much time in the northeast (Maine, NH, Vermont), but from what I've heard from friends who've lived there, it's kind of old-fashioned/conservative. People tend to stick to their gender roles. Men are men, they're raised to be self-sufficient, to keep their feelings to themselves, women are women, they're meant to flock together & be protected by men but kind of kept separate, that kind of thing. Of course, most of my former northeastern friends are around my age, that 35 - 50 age bracket, so I don't know if it's still an impression that's holding true or if the northeast is developing new attitudes and social environments.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the area, something like that shouldn't cause such extreme emotionally problems.

Comment

If you've had a bad experience with someone who would fit the bill of a male pagan that might explain it. Or just a male in general, since you said male pagans seem to be the kind of guy you hang out with most. Has there ever been an exception to that negativity? And how do you feel about pagan women?

selume proferre

Comment

Well I had an ex who was what I called a Devil's minion. He is an incubus/werewolf and a very mean one at that, he used me for 9 months and I was treated badly by him. But my best friend is male and we get along great, but that might be because I see him as female.
              My friend becca, I love her so much and she's wiccan. I feel for two other girls who are wiccan even though i've never dated a girl because I am still grasping the fact that I even like girls like that. Most men repulse me unless they are gay.

Comment

I think you may have answered your own question in that last sentence, Ementine.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Could I ask how old you are, if you don't mind?

It sounds as though there are some maturity issues at play. You and them also seem to have a very specific idea of what it means to be pagan that might not be accurate. Many of the things you're describing are hotly debated and not considered real ( or taken much less literally) by many pagans.
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

At the risk of you saying that I'm heartless, your ex was unlikely to be a devil's minion, nor was he a fruity combination of incubus and werewolf. He was more likely to be a pig, a bully and a user who didn't really care about you. And therein lies the problem... you really are over-reacting.

So... take a deep breath. Maybe you don't like straight guys. Maybe you don't get on with male pagans or wiccans. And personally, if I come across things I don't like, I give them a wide berth. As should you. And good luck
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                    X