How to meditate better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to meditate better

How can I meditate on my own better? I prefer being able to have some tools to help me like guided meditations, music ect.

I am trying to use meditation to stop panic attacks. I have gotten fairly decent at this. I realize panic attacks can happen anywhere I go. I need to learn how to meditate without any prompts and under pressure.

Does anyone have any tips?

Re: How to meditate better

I suggest you look into the game The Journey to Wild Divine - The Passage. Its a computer game that has a biofeedback sensor that you use to play the game. It hooks straight into a USB port and you attach it to your fingers. It monitors your heart rate. The game has meditations you must do to complete the game. It was one of the best games I've ever purchased and really helped me in my meditation abilities as it walks you through it step by step. I liked it so much, I talked my parents to buying me the sequel to the game called Wisdom Quest. There are others you can purchase and use with the biofeedback attachment. It has been used to help people with panic attacks and ADD with success according to reviews and studies.

Only downside is that it isn't cheap. I got it back when it was on sale for $160. Amazon is selling it for $299 though. Ouch.

Comment

Phoenix, are you a visual person? If so, try visualizing your meditation journey.

When I sit down to meditate/ground, I always visualize roots coming out of my feet, legs (any part of my body that's touching the floor/ground), traveling through the floorboards of my house or surroundings, through the soil, the various rocky parts of the earth all the way down into the hot core of the earth where Mother Nature is at her purest. Then I visualize all my aches. pains, troubles, thoughts draining down through the roots into the core where Mother Earth (Pachamama) takes this energy and turns it into loving and healing energy. This new energy then travels back up the roots and into my body. Fills up my shell like water. To me, this energy is usually a golden white color. but it can be whatever you see it being. Once I've been filled with the good energy, it then comes out of my crown chakra and pours over the outside of my body, like a fountain. And from there on, it's usually pretty easy to mediate over whatever since all the mind clutter has been shut out.

Maybe try to visualize your next meditation and grounding session like that to see if that works for you.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I would suggest you start to chant. Chanting is very powerful once you find your right words and voice - you can even chant "under your breath" so people around you won't hear you. Try chant the rune- names of the futhark (turisaz, gifu, fehu, ansuz etc.) and maybe hold the rune you chant in your hand meanwhile. Try find two or three runes that suits your purpose and start chanting. Or maybe try some Hindu or Buddhist mantras? all in all: you should definately try chanting as a means to improve your meditations.

Comment

Working...
        X