Pendulum acting strange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pendulum acting strange?

I don't know if anyone else here practices pendulum dowsing. I've been doing it for quite a while for various different purposes. I have a smoky quartz pendulum I love.
    I was asking it some basic questions tonight. It's been on the window pane in the moonlight and was charged last I used it. I asked it something about my father. It stood perfectly still and just shook. Sort of just jerking back and forth and side to side very faintly. My hand wasn't shaking, and even if it was- my hands aren't too steady as a general rule and I've never seen it do that before. I asked it a few more questions to see if it would respond differently and it didn't. Anyone have any input?

selume proferre

Re: Pendulum acting strange?

My father taught me to dowse and use a pendulum many years ago. He used a key for his pendulum, and sometimes used hazel twigs to dowse for water. My mother swore by her wedding ring.

One of the first things I learned is that they can - like mirrors - be a bit wayward. I used to find that I had to keep 'testing' them, and to be honest it annoyed me eventuyally. I think some people are very good with the pendulum. I'm okay with hazel twigs but bloody awful with a pendulum.

My wedding ring is not much better either - spectacularly disastrous springs to mind! You can just imagine me sitting there, staring at it, and it glowering at me in mutual distrust, can't you?
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I've used a few different pendulums and my smoky quartz is usually the best! You and your wedding ring was me and my pendulum last night. Mutual distrust. That's never happened with this one before! But i probably just need to reorient it. Something about it just spooked me a little.

selume proferre

Comment

I'm still looking for ways to befriend the various pendulums (pendula, maybe?) that I've used.... I sometimes wonder whether it's something to do with energy. For example, I can't wear a wristwatch without stopping it, although I'm fine around clocks. And I seem to pick up static shocks off loads of things. Maybe I make the pendulum feel sea sick or something!
        But I would re-iterate that - very much like working with mirrors - you do have to keep quite a good control over them.

Comment

I'd bet you've tried most of the ways I can think of but I put mine in my pillowcase for a few nights when I first get them. I also just hold them and roll them around in my hand a little bit while I'm alone. I also tend to talk to them like they have their own personalities haha.
          Yeah, I think what's happened with this one is that I've come to trust it to a point where I stopped actively trying to keep control over it. I reoriented it today and asked a bit testily "are we going to cooperate today?" and it seemed better.

selume proferre

Comment

That makes a lot of sense, orchestrion - I think sometimes we are lead too much by divination tools instead of remembering that we do have to keep a grip (literal and metaphorical) over them. Good luck with your pendulum work!

Comment

Working...
            X