This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your favorite holiday

Samhain (which is also my birthday!) and Yule are my favorites.

I can't describe the feeling I get on Samhain. The atmosphere is just....different. It's when I feel the most connected in my spirituality.

And Yule, because this is the pinnacle of the holiday season. I love decorating and am already starting to plan what to do this year. I can't wait!

Comment

My favorite holidays are Mabon and Yule. I like the "thanksgiving" atmosphere of the harvest festival, but love the "x-mas" spirit of the winter solstice.

Comment

I have no idea. Trying to convince hubby we should create our own holidays that actually have meaning for us.

Tell you what it's not though. Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love food and presents, but do we have to do all the other Christmas stuff too? UGH.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Halloween/Samhain

Comment

Winter solstice. A day of peace in amongst the chaos. Holly, cinnamon, snow (hopefully!), good food, family and no commercial rubbish.

Comment

don't know if it is an official holiday as such but I like
              May Day as it is the start of spring/summer

Comment

I don't think I have one. Although I do absolutely LOVE celebrating loved one's Birthdays

Comment

Summer holidays are my favorite holidays! During summer I often go for outdoor trips with my family and friends. This summer I went to visit the Yellowstone National park with my wife and son and just come back for Yellowstone bus tours. It was a memorable trip that is unforgettable for me and my son. We used to visit Lake Powell, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park and Jackson Hole during this one week tour and enjoyed there a lot. Guys! Let me know what do you prefer do during summer holidays?

Comment

Samhaim/Halloween. I love the colors of Fall and hearing the dry leaves crunch under foot. It's also my wedding anniversary.

Comment

Comment

My favorite holidays are summer holidays. It is a best time to spend little time with our family. I always love to spend my holidays with my family in different places around the world. Last year I have spent my vacations in Paris with my family. It is a beautiful and attractive destination as tourism point of view. It offers a variety of awesome places to see.

Comment

Originally posted by william pauL View Post
                          That’s great Hippy at Heart! Halloween is really a nice event. Here I am interested to know how you like to celebrate Halloween event and your wedding anniversary. Let us know how did you celebrate your last wedding anniversary?
                          We usually go downtown and watch the kids go from store to store and see how everyone is dressing up for the holiday. We eventually head back home where my husband will cook an awesome dinner. Then, we'll take our wine out back, say a blessing, and give the wine to the Earth. It's nice that the husband will do the blessing with me since he isn't Pagan. I usually do a tarot reading being that it's a very good night to do one. Other than things better left unmentioned that pretty well sums up how I spend the hoiday and my wedding anniversary.

Comment

I'm not sure what I can say is my favorite holiday. Growing up, I loved every holiday because it meant great food, all these relatives, and usually presents or at the very least, candy. But over the years, that began to change. Family traditions changed and ceased to exist as people grew apart, passed away, or became estranged (often due to a relative's passing), and I started working in retail which will surely do a number on one's holiday spirit.

Still, there's always this air of mystery and wonder about every holiday that sneaks in if only for a moment.

Comment

That's a tough one, I always liked Mabon and Samhain quite a bit, for what they stand for. As a lad though, I never had a favorite holiday.
                              "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

Mine is Yule because it represents the return of light and warmth. It's also really fun to spoil my kids

Comment

Working...
                                X