Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with spirits

Hey guys

Okay so in another post I said that I work with spirits , but not gods. However there are some spirits I want to work with permantly. Fairies, dragons, my spirit guide, and my animal guide . (Yes I said dragons, not like on television though

Anywho, for the permanent spirits I setup an altar. I would meditate with them and get to know them and give them offerings. However I also want to work with other spirits. When I work with a spirit I usually setup an altar and I do alot of research on them before I do anything. Is it okay if I have a place in my home that I setup for temporary spirits, I ask them for what I need and I give them an offering in the end. I also then will promise them around the next esbat and sabbat that I will give them extra offerings. I am not doing this to bribe them, I would be doing this to simply respect them.

Another reason why I would give hem extra offerings is because I find it really rude to say "yup so I need you to do this here you go" I would rather ask them politely, invite them and setup a temporary place, and if the thing manifested I would give them extra thanks. Its like when you have guest over, you put them in a temporary bed, you feed them, and treat them like there the king (atleast that what I do) Same with spirits.

I want to work with other spirits due to the fact sometimes my guides/spirits may not be able to help me with a need so I might turn to a spirit that is specialized in a certain type of thing. Like if I needed money, I wouldnt ask my spirit guide or the fairies because I dont know if they are well versed in that, or even know what money is. Where as I can look up a spirit of abundance or prosperity who is well versed on the topic.

Anywho my question is, is it rude to setup temporary altars for spirits that you will work with for only a short period of time, and then give them offerings? thanks and blessed be .

Re: Working with spirits

Originally posted by wind View Post
    Anywho my question is, is it rude to setup temporary altars for spirits that you will work with for only a short period of time, and then give them offerings?
    In my experience, no, it's not really rude so long as it's done respectfully. Taking time in setting up the altar, making several offerings without asking for or expecting something in return, getting to know them a bit, asking if they'll help, respecting the answer they give, following through on what the expect from you in return, and giving thanks after... It's a bit like creating a short-term business deal with another human. You need to find the person with the skills you require, they need to have the time/be willing to help, they'll usually have a price in mind, and so on. Not all spirits are going to want to help you with whatever it is you want, though, so keep that in mind too.
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Re: Working with spirits

Thank you so much, and Ya I bought an ecylopedia of spirits and it says not all spirits will answer you because they may not be interested in you (when I say you I mean like me) or it may not be the right time. But ya I would be very respectful to them. I would take time to setup the altar, of symbols, colors etc.

Then I would invite it into the space and explain things. I will leave them an offering first to welcome there apperance (if they choose to) then make "a buissness deal" like you described Then after that I will probally have a little feast/thanking party during the esbats and stuff.

Its just like when I go to somones house for a weekend, lets say an aunts. They will give us food at the begining, then as we stay they will be very respectful and tell us whats on the plan, and then before we leave on the last day they throw a meal and say thanks for coming

Comment

Working...
      X