Maat
    Anubis
    Horus
    Hathor/bast/seckmet

Am I doing anything wrong?

Re: Personalized Pantheon?

Originally posted by Eye_Of_Horus28 View Post
    Am I doing anything wrong?
    Well, how are you using the term lesser here? Lesser as in younger, as in less relevant to you, as less powerful, or as something else? Because depending on how you're using it, there could be some issues there.

Only other things I would note, mythologically speaking Apep isn't really a God as the other Gods are. Sort of falls into it's own category. Also, you have Hathor, Bast and Sekhmet all lumped up into one Deity there, which they are not. Sekhmet and Hathor are somewhat like two sides of the same coin, so that's fine, but Bast is a separate Goddesses from those two.
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

"Lesser" as in lesser than the Elder Gods who seem to have existed before the others also I consider Apep a god of chaos unlike most people who consider him a demon. About hathor/seckmet/bast Im still not sure about them Ive recived mixed teachings about that.

Comment

Originally posted by oneonesip
        Isis is not correct. the correct one is isasi
        Do you have info? I've heard of Iussaaset and Sais, but not Isasi.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_Of_Horus28 View Post
          "Lesser" as in lesser than the Elder Gods who seem to have existed before the others also I consider Apep a god of chaos unlike most people who consider him a demon.
          I've always knows Ap/ep as nothing but the opposite of Ma'at. It is uncreation, destruction, raw negativity, and nothingness. I wouldn't consider Ap/ep anywhere near a demon, let alone a god. Set is chaos, itself, whereas Ap/ep would be uncreation. Not death, nor chaos, nor destruction, nor ending, nor misfortune. Honestly, I would not honour Ap/ep at all, as it is literally the force of uncreation, undoing, nothingness. To honour him would be to dishonour the gods, themselves, I personally believe. I also see the gods as completely balanced, and equal. Everything plays its part in existence (except for unexistence, Ap/ep).

As far as categorizing, I would personally honor the Ogdoad as the "Elder" gods, as they are the "the primal, fundamental state of the beginning, they are what always was." (Ref: Wikipedia) They are paired as male/female aspects:
          Naunet and Nu - The primordial waters
          Amaunet and Amun - Air, space, etc
          Kauket and Kuk - Darkness
          Hauhet and Huh - Time, literally "infinity/eternity"
          Though, they were unbalanced and after Ra awakens/is born/is created, they begin creation.
          Everything I post is to be assumed UPG unless otherwise noted.

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
            Do you have info? I've heard of Iussaaset and Sais, but not Isasi.
            I know that her original name is also Aset.
            Am I right?
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
              I know that her original name is also Aset.
              Am I right?
              The Kemetic form of Isis is Aset, yes.
              Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

I also have a personalized pantheon. I especially focus on:
                Djehuty;
                Bast;
                Geb;
                Re.

But I also turn to Anubis, Isis and Hor when there's a need.
                My experience with Set is quite troublesome. I started worshiping him when I was a beginner, but it didn't last for long.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I only serve 2 of the Egyptian pantheon and they are Anubis and Isis. Anubis came to me in a time when I really needed him. I do appreciate the other deities and worship them when I need them, but Anubis and Isis are the ones I really serve.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                  X