A little help with dream analysis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little help with dream analysis...

Greetings! Since I can remember, I've been having dreams with the same theme. In these dreams, I am running from something through a maze-like building, town, or area. Generally, they are trying to take something away from me. In most cases, I end up finding a place to hide that is concealed by a secret door of some sort. Within this safe haven are all the necessities of living, and I am quite comfortable there. Within the walls of my hideout, I usually end up finding the important people in my life waiting for me: my immediate family, my boyfriend, my closest friends. Once I find this place, I am safe for awhile and then we are ready to fight the monster of this particular dream together.
    Last night, I was being chased through a hotel by some sort of demon. I remember that glass was shattering everywhere and I was having to creep into dark rooms without knowing what was in there.
    Since I began having these dreams, I've been perplexed by their meaning. The thing I am being chased by and the location change every time, it's just the general idea and theme that remain consistent.
    If anyone has any idea of what this could mean or how I should go about interpreting it, please do let me know! I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, I apologize if this is placed under the wrong sub-forum, I'm new here... If it is incorrect, I would be happy to change it... Thank you!

Re: A little help with dream analysis...

Since you are running away from a creature it could be a sign of a problem you have been avoiding or something in your past that haunts you. Because you find the most important people in that room it might mean that they give you comfort in whatever the problem may be. If it has to do with a past event, it might mean that they are willing to help you fight those memories off and help you.

This is only an opinion. I'm not sure why the setting and theme would change so much, it could have a meaning or it is your brains way to getting you to pay attention. I haven't done much work with dreams.
    Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
    http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

That makes a lot of sense to me... Thank you, Ementine. I'm wracking my brain for something that could have happened that would be causing these dreams, but the only things I can think of are things that I believe I've dealt with already... But perhaps I haven't. I'll definitely give it some thought!

Comment

Sometimes we think we are over something but we really aren't because we haven't fully accepted things that have happened.
        I've had that problem before. Hopefully you figure it all out! I'm glad I could help.
        Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
        http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here's how I'd approach this.

Take a piece of paper and jot down what you consider the "important elements." of your dream. For example: Running, maze, safety, comfort, demon... Or whatever.

For each of these draw a picture of them. Try to capture how it makes you feel within the image, and once you've done it for all elements try to tell yourself a story using the images. A sort of reconstruction of the dream.

Seeing your dream laid out in front of you puts things in perspective, or at least it does for me. Though your dreams are most lilkely a message that you are trying to send to yourself, so what matters in the end is what the general idea and themes mean TO YOU.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

That makes a lot of sense, Denarius... Thank you for that!

Comment

Working...
            X