Pokémon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokémon!

Yeah, it's a hobby in itself! I play competitive Pokemon - mostly cards, but sometimes video games - at an official league, which gets together every weekend, league on Saturday and then a local tournament on Sunday. Lately, I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like due to college classes, but I go to almost every prerelease and as many championship events as I can get to. This past season it was just Battle Roads, City Championship, and Regional Championship - States was too far away. Since the season just ended and set rotation is imminent, I'm working on building a new deck.

Anyone else who enjoys Pokemon may admit so here Or if you need Pokemon advice, you can ask!

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      TCG players are always good to have around. I'll try and forget that in your case it's the TCG that shall not be named.
      PSHH. As if. Yugioh is long past its prime and Magic costs about a bazillion dollars. Just saying. :P

Comment

selume proferre

Comment

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
            I collect the cards and have since I was a wee lad but I'm big into the show and games.
            Right now i really want pokemon conquest but all the stores around here are sold out .___.
            What's your opinion on the whole "first gen is the only real pokemon!!!!!!!1!!!1" thing? I've had people tell me I'm not a real fan because I love the 5th gen. :L
            I got the last copy of it at my local Gamestop and everyone else had to wait like a week :P
            AHAHAHA those people aren't really Pokemon fans, by and large. They say that because they don't actually like Pokemon anymore, they just like the nostalgia of it. They're Pokemon hipsters. I mean, you can say first gen is your favorite, but... yeah, to deny the validity of the others, that's a different thing.

Originally posted by Simon Slade View Post
            Speaking of the 1st generation. I've been looking to sell a few thousand cards from the first generation and a few from the second. Would I get enough to make it worth my while?
            No. You can't use them in tournaments, so they're worth practically nothing. There's a few cards that are worth a little because they've been reprinted - most notably Rainbow Energy, Fisherman, and Rare Candy, and to a lesser extent Double Colorless Energy. But in a couple of weeks only Rare Candy and DCE will still be tournament legal, because after Worlds happens there's going to be a set rotation. If you took just the energy cards and sold them as a bundle, they still wouldn't be worth too much, but they'd probably sell. The rest of them might never sell at all.

But in general - no, not at all. You'd be lucky to sell them all for $10.

Comment

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                Bah, Magic is only expensive if you're trying to keep up with Standard format by buying boosters (in which case, I will be laughing at you for a long, long time.) Past that, older cards can actually sell pretty well with luck and far more importantly it has no association with a horrific cartoon that should never have been unleashed on mankind.
                I can't argue with that...
                but it's still way more expensive to play than Pokemon, so there :P

Comment

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Last edited by PhoenixMask; 07 Aug 2012, 17:44. Reason: why did this spazz out? the heck?

Comment

Circe

Comment

- - - Updated - - -
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                        X