Have you ever wanted a different name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever wanted a different name?

Like your real name, have you ever wanted a different one?
    I used to hate my name, but now I like it. It's native american and really fits with everything I do in life, and my nickname is that of a Hindu goddess. Everyone pronounces it wrong, but that's okay.
    I've also really liked the name Willow. Someday when I have kids I want to name my daughter Willow and maybe my son River.

What names do you guys like?
    Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
    http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Re: Have you ever wanted a different name?

It's probably my love of witches, but I find it adorable when young girls have so-called "old lady names" like Agatha. I think it's cute.

Comment

I still enjoy MaskedOne after years of using it. Real names, the one I've got works nicely and I've never really thought of switching it for the sake of switching it.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I've always liked my real name even though the majority of people mispronounce it. I have no problem correcting people. After all, it's MY name. I still like the nick name Juni and will probably always respond to it if people call me that. But the last few years I've grown accustomed to people also calling me Shethy, and I kinda like it.

But real names... I don't think I would ever change it. Too much of a hassle. Have you ever had to change your last name? Holy crap, not again.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
          I've always liked my real name even though the majority of people mispronounce it. I have no problem correcting people. After all, it's MY name. I still like the nick name Juni and will probably always respond to it if people call me that. But the last few years I've grown accustomed to people also calling me Shethy, and I kinda like it.

But real names... I don't think I would ever change it. Too much of a hassle. Have you ever had to change your last name? Holy crap, not again.
          Out of curiosity, how do you pronounce it?

And my name's ok, kinda graceful... so far from me that it's quite entertaining XD
          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

When I was a teenager, I invented all kinds of nicknames for myself, but now I love my real name. I find I have aversions to names of people I've had bad relationships with. It's hard not to carry that baggage, but I work on it.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm rather glad Juni still responds to Juni. Changing a nickname I've been using for most of my time here resembles something close to work. I'm not sure that my heart could take the strain.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm not fond of my real name, so I simply choose not to go by it. It's pretty common nowadays and I don't like that. The only nickname I've ever really had is 'Snow' and it isn't related to anything at all. I've changed my name a few times for my own purposes, but never really asked anyone to call me by that. It has gone from Hazel, to Senka, to Zephyranth as I feel I've changed as a person

Comment

My name is... okay. People tend to spell it wrong, or pronounce it wrong, but it's not the worst. I've toyed with the idea of changing my name, but, eh... don't really care enough to go through the hassle. Most people call me by one of my two nicknames, anyway.
                  Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                    My name is... okay. People tend to spell it wrong, or pronounce it wrong, but it's not the worst. I've toyed with the idea of changing my name, but, eh... don't really care enough to go through the hassle. Most people call me by one of my two nicknames, anyway.
                    If you don't mind my asking, what ARE your nicknames? Nicknames really fascinate me...

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyranth View Post
                      If you don't mind my asking, what ARE your nicknames? Nicknames really fascinate me...
                      My real name is Alicia, so one is Ali or Adi (my Grandmother can't pronounce Ali well). My family usually calls me one of those (father's side Adi, mother's Ali). My friends call me Beefy. Also, one of my other friends is also Beefy. I don't really know how that one happened...
                      Last edited by Gardenia; 17 Jul 2012, 19:09.
                      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                        My real name is Alicia, so one is Ali or Adi (my Grandmother can't pronounce Ali well). My family usually calls me one of those (father's side Adi, mother's Ali). My friends call me Beefy. Also, one of my other friends is also Beefy. I don't really know how that one happened...
                        I like that! My name is Sophia, so I generally go by Sophi or Soph, but I prefer Sophi. The thing with me is that while I don't like my name, I really do enjoy being called Sophi. I just feel it fits me better.

Comment

I'm torn. My real name does not convey the bad assness of my true nature.
                          I have a sweet girly name. I could be one of Barbie's friends with a little doggy in her bag. But..it is a version of my father's name. So for that I love it.

I really would have loved to have the name Medusa for realz.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Nah, never wanted to change my name. I especially like how it sounds when certain people call my name.
                            [4:82]

Comment

Well, the name I use is a completely different one from the name I was born with, and it is going to be legally changed, so I guess the answer is yes :P

Comment

Working...
                              X