dark paganism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dark paganism

@tylluan perry i feel i embrace both rather nicely altho im sure most of the white lighters and fluffy bunnies would consider me more dark but i believe in a balance so much its a sickness with me im a libra after all don't tip my scales.

Comment

What matters to me is not who publishes the comics, or even (To a certain extent) what characters are used. I am a fan of GOOD comics.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by the_winds_of_mayhem View Post
        @tylluan perry i feel i embrace both rather nicely altho im sure most of the white lighters and fluffy bunnies would consider me more dark but i believe in a balance so much its a sickness with me im a libra after all don't tip my scales.
        Balance is the antidote to sickness, it is never sickness per se. And it's often a mistake to anticipate how others would regard us... believe me, we can be quite mistaken about that.

IMHO if you consider balance is important, then you're not a dark anything (always supposing there is such a thing as a 'dark pagan' and I have to say that article doesn't convince me.

One gentle word to the wise though, because you're new to the forum. A comment such as 'don't tip my scales' could be regarded in some quarters as a tad challenging. I don't know you, why would I want to tip your scales? :-)
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Bah...

I like my bright and shinies. Just ignore the flaming sword, Light is always toothless and flaming swords are a figment of your imagination.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            What matters to me is not who publishes the comics, or even (To a certain extent) what characters are used. I am a fan of GOOD comics.
            Well said, and truly spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
              Bah...

I like my bright and shinies. Just ignore the flaming sword, Light is always toothless and flaming swords are a figment of your imagination.
              Here-here!

Comment

Originally posted by Jennii View Post
                What would you consider a "dark" pagan?

This was actually my first thought, too. We'd have to agree on a definition of "dark", here.

And I think some of us wouldn't. Agree, that is.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Reading that I guess I could be called dark but I don't understand the need to classify it. It's just saying stuff that should be blatantly obvious, no the world is not all sparkles and rainbows and gods aren't always either. I don't feel this title really needs to exist.
                  Circe

Comment

If they want to be "dark" pagans let them, so long as they're not hurting anyone I don't see the problem.

They feel it's an important distinction to make, like how I often claim to be an apatheist. Atheism would fit, but it does't quite get across just how little I care.

I want it to be immediately obvious that you could spackle the grand canyon with all the crap I don't give about gods and whether they exist or not.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                    X