dark paganism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dark paganism

Well im a dark pagan and i have always felt kinda weird on these fourms it seems for the run of the mill pagan im to dark but for someone on the left hand path im not dark enough do we have any other dark pagans on the board that don't seem to fit in any box? if so i would love to know.-Raven

Re: dark paganism

What would you consider a "dark" pagan?
    ‎"Your imagination creates the inner picture that allows you to participate in the act of creation. It's the invisible connecting link to manifesting your own destiny." - Wayne Dyer

Comment

I think this pretty much sums up what i think feel and believe http://www.waningmoon.com/realm/drkpagan.html

Comment

Most of the Pagans here are not exactly white lighters with fairy wings.

I'm way on the left handed path. Satanist here. I'm dark. But I love kittehs, pink stuff and sparkles!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I read that whole dark pagan page, and it basically read as a description of what Gray Jedi believe...
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

In general, the site is mostly grey. The members affording both dark and light their place and/or largely not bothering to breal things into a dualistic system.

I'm a fan of Oppenheimer's Light, err wait....
            Wrong forum, will save Oppenheimer's Light for a different message board...
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
              I read that whole dark pagan page, and it basically read as a description of what Gray Jedi believe...
              They lost me at, "We are the children of the Dark Mother".

Reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Willow's description of a Wiccan group as a, "Bunch of wanna-Blessed Be's".

Comment

I respect everyone and realize that diversity is a strength and not a weakness but I have to say that whenever I see a "Gothic Grimoire" or "Dark Wicca" or "Blak Nyte's Magickal Librum Obscurum Guide to Dark Wytch-kraft" I kind of cringe. I'm not saying Wiccans, witches and other Pagans are all light and happiness and most of the ones I know definitely are NOT and those all-light types tend to be more New Age or New Thought pseudo-Buddhist types than Pagans. But most of "dark witchcraft" Paganism I run into is really, really fluffy (and I usually hate that term). It's been my personal experience that the majority are the dreaded special-dark-snowflake archetype.

The more serious left-hand or "dark" religionists I have met have been drawn to LaVeyan Satanism (if they happen to be atheists) or more Hoodoo-type practices (if they're theists of any stripe).

Comment

Dark Mother is also a marvel comics character... I didn't want to bring it up, but that made me laugh.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by the_winds_of_mayhem View Post
                    I think this pretty much sums up what i think feel and believe http://www.waningmoon.com/realm/drkpagan.html
                    Reading that it seems I could pretty much be considered a dark pagan, but I have never considered myself as such mostly because...

Originally posted by That Website
                    It is important to remember that focusing only on the darker side is just as dangerous as focusing on the lighter side. Balance is important, and even though some may relate to one aspect more than the other, we must always remain open to the other aspects.
                    Balance. Like many hedgewitches, I consider myself neither dark nor light, but somewhere in a balance between the two. Both 'sides' play important roles in my path, so it doesn't really make sense to identify as a dark pagan, at least not anymore than it would to say I'm a light pagan.
                    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

OkaY, i read the link. Are you a dark pagan or a balanced pagan then?
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                        Balance. Like many hedgewitches, I consider myself neither dark nor light, but somewhere in a balance between the two. Both 'sides' play important roles in my path, so it doesn't really make sense to identify as a dark pagan, at least not anymore than it would to say I'm a light pagan.
                        Balance is definitely an important factor. I just personally strive to always do the best thing... I don't really see the point of being a 'dark' Pagan. From what I saw, it basically said that it's important to acknowledge that chaos exists in nature... Well, yeah. Duh... I don't think realistically that anyone but extremists could ever deny that fact. By that definition, most people are 'dark' Pagans.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyranth View Post
                          Balance is definitely an important factor. I just personally strive to always do the best thing... I don't really see the point of being a 'dark' Pagan. From what I saw, it basically said that it's important to acknowledge that chaos exists in nature... Well, yeah. Duh... I don't think realistically that anyone but extremists could ever deny that fact. By that definition, most people are 'dark' Pagans.
                          Its description of chaos was also pretty orderly--the old "order out of chaos" adage. I'm not sure the person who wrote that up necessarily thought their philosophy through the way they wanted. I think anyone trying to fit themselves into a "dark" path or a "light" path should first identify whether or not such a dichotomy exists, and then describe exactly what either one is before claiming membership in one or the other. I tried this when I was first dabbling in any kind of alternative spirituality I could find and realized I didn't fit in either, so I dropped the dichotomy altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by collyridian_monk View Post
                            Its description of chaos was also pretty orderly--the old "order out of chaos" adage. I'm not sure the person who wrote that up necessarily thought their philosophy through the way they wanted. I think anyone trying to fit themselves into a "dark" path or a "light" path should first identify whether or not such a dichotomy exists, and then describe exactly what either one is before claiming membership in one or the other. I tried this when I was first dabbling in any kind of alternative spirituality I could find and realized I didn't fit in either, so I dropped the dichotomy altogether.
                            Yes, I agree... It doesn't much seem like they really knew what they were talking about... I do think it's important to recognize both sides of nature, but I'm not going to try and claim either one of them... I, myself, am a part of nature... Therefore, I am a little bit of both... The way I see it, I can't personally deny that.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                              Dark Mother is also a marvel comics character... I didn't want to bring it up, but that made me laugh.
                              I would have thought, given your avatar, that you're more of a DC comics fan, my Nerd-brother.

Comment

Working...
                              X