Is it possible to change fate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to change fate?

I'm really worried about my future if JP doesn't find a job. I really won't make enough money to meet my monthly bills and still have money to live on and the fear is eating away at my physical and mental health now. We would never have asked for this, but were kinda dumped in it by my roommate. I planned to take over when she left, but originally, she said she'd stay until JP had work and I had built up savings. Well, it is her right to live where she wishes so I can't be mad at her for leaving so soon, but it has left me in a terrible pickle.

So I checked to forms of divination, in need of some reassurance and because I don't have many people I can talk to about my worries.

The problem is, both said what I didn't want to hear: no improvement, commitments failing, continued bad luck, possible accident!!

Is there anything, anything at all I can do to change the outlook? If it were something I could control, then of course I'd delay the decision, but I have no where else to live. It's not my choice at all to be in this mess and the tarot have just added to my stress and worry.

I've recently cast a spell to remove blocks to success and a second spell to help JP find work. Now I've lost all faith that either would have worked.

Please help me someone. I wouldn't ask for help if I thought there was anything at all I could do myself to fix this.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Re: Is it possible to change fate?

Yes we can change our path at any time. Have you advertised for a roommate? Is there a skill you can use to make extra money, my husband sews for extra for us. Smaller place? Have you considered doing card readings for money? I feel for you it's hard on one income and it's scary to be in a bind. Do they offer assistance for unemployed where you are like classes he can take or a job find? Don't think you can't do anything then it will come to pass. There is something there to help you, just have to find it.
    Sorry there are so many questions.

Comment

Thanks Ula. We sadly don't have the space for a roommate. I was INSANE for wanting to live in this tiny room and only fit in here because I have no bed. I doubt you'd ever get a bed in here. If someone we know happens to need a place to lodge, then of course we'd take them in, but it would be a squeeze.

Hmm, extra work.. I kind of already am doing this in that I am doing as much overtime as I am able. Today is my first full day off in about 9 days. No wait, I was at work this morning. Tomorrow will be my first full day off! I don't mind because I honestly enjoy my job, but I do worry about the physical impact it might have over time. It's not easy to switch from night shift to day shift and these shifts I'm picking up aren't just a few hours here and there, they are like, 14 hours from 8am until 10 pm, sometimes ending with a sleep-in. Or I'll start work at 4pm and work right through until 8am the next day.

To be honest, just having somewhere I can talk about things is a relief. My closest friend is going through hell right now so I don't feel I can drag her down further with my own issues (usually I'd just moan 'til the cows came home).

There are benefits for unemployed but the support from the job centre is terrible. It really is very, very poor and they treat everyone as though they are out of work by choice. I really don't understand it. One problem is that both JP and I are also supporting our mother's income. I give my mum 160 pounds a month and JP gives his 100. so we are already 260 pounds down before we even start. In the case of his mum, she has a massive house she can't afford to run, and just cleans for 4 hours a day. My mum is unemployed after the company she worked for went bankrupt and vanished (didn't even pay them their last month's wage never mind any reduncancy package) three years ago. She is also in debt and not entitled to anything but the very basic financial support. So as the only one working, I give her 40 pounds a week to keep a roof over her head.

JP did pass his interview the other day (thanks to anyone who sent a thought our way for that, I'll send some right back to you), but it was just for an agency. He now has to attend an interview for the actual job, so it's too soon to get excited. It's something though I guess.

I didn't do myself any favours by reading those cards. They have given me nothing but bad news for years now for some reason. Even though I know they've predicted gloom when the reality was positive, it still stings when both the cards and the I ching have given me basically the same message which translates as 'You're f*cked. Enjoy homelessness'.
      Last edited by Jembru; 20 Jul 2012, 05:57.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the Future."

Divination isn't a perfect science. It's neither perfectly accurate nor always brimming with specific details and context. Do what you can with the presumption that the issue is still in flux and keep an eye open for off the wall opportunities and variables that you might not normally think of.

There is one condition where this matter becomes an absolute lock and that is if you give up and let a scrying of failure destroy your confidence and restrict your actions.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the Future."
          You've no idea how much that quote cheered me up! How can I be unhappy when Yoda's voice is ringing in my mind?

On a serious note, you are right. I'm overreacting really. If we were doing nothing to fix the situation, I'd have more reason to worry, but we'll do whatever it takes (and are doing). People get by on next to no money all the time, so we're at least in good company! Besides, there is nothing like experiencing extreme lows, to make one appreciate the good times all the more!

Comment

LOL

The use (and abuse) of Yoda quotes and grammar is one of the compelling arguments to keep my religion specified as Jedi instead of switching it out with insanity.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It's a comfort to know that no matter how hard things may be for a while, the will always be Yoda! (and discount snacks, and a thick snuggly blanket, and JP's Star Wars box set!)...

Comment

Not to detract from the adoration of Yoda (as is proper and befitting!) but I wanted to chime in a little bit on this.

Whenever my situation seems hopeless, one of the things I do to try and "clear the air" of negativity, if you will, is perform simple household rituals like washing the windows clockwise, sweeping everything to the outer door, smudging, and (in the case of money issues) lighting green and yellow candles around the house. In one particularly bad pinch, I even mopped the floor with water that had had some pepper oil mixed in to "speed up" the progress of cleaning out the negativity. Mind you, a lot of the things I do are culturally American and are derived from Hoodoo practices, but I'm sure similar practices exist in England. And, as always, shoes were best made for walking, not sitting on the floor, so I also spend a lot of time just out and about trying to find solutions wherever they may be. But the ritual cleaning puts me in a good headspace to go out in the first place.

Comment

Fate is like cheese... Sometimes it stinks, but it always serves a purpose.

What is the purpose of the wisdoms you divined? Is it to mock you, or to drive you to action? To kick you while you are down, or to give you boost when you need it?

As far as I am concerned the information you divined had to come from somewhere, whether it's your unconcious or a spirit or a god or whatever... That doesn't matter, the point is that there is most likely a will at play. A will that has some aim or goal in mind.

What would revealing this information at that time accomplish? What is different now that wouldn't be if you had done nothing?
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I feel your fate and destiny it is what it is and can not be changed sometimes we like the outcome sometimes we do not but i have never felt mine could be altered.

Comment

Jembru, one thing you can do about this "fate" of yours is to quit imagining that a deck of cards, or whatever else you used, has any power to control your life, or reveal any type of inescapable binding.

Take the power to control your own life, even if a deck of cards tells you that you don't have that power. It may be that the cards are right and you're screwed, but I'd not accept it without a fight. Your choice, of course, but maybe you shouldn't either.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

While I don't put a hell of a lot of stock in fate or destiny, I do think that there's some things that are kind of preordained. The details, each individual choice and event, along the way to reaching those, are all negotiable. Like the path you choose will still wind up going to the same place, in the end. Obviously, the question then is: What is that end? I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with politics, religion, society or any other "man-made" concept, so it's by definition (ipso facto?) unknowable; That people only find out after their earthly demise, one way or the other.

But, again, as I have warned people so many times, around here, I may just be talking out my @$$.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by collyridian_monk View Post
                          Not to detract from the adoration of Yoda (as is proper and befitting!) but I wanted to chime in a little bit on this.

Whenever my situation seems hopeless, one of the things I do to try and "clear the air" of negativity, if you will, is perform simple household rituals like washing the windows clockwise, sweeping everything to the outer door, smudging, and (in the case of money issues) lighting green and yellow candles around the house. In one particularly bad pinch, I even mopped the floor with water that had had some pepper oil mixed in to "speed up" the progress of cleaning out the negativity. Mind you, a lot of the things I do are culturally American and are derived from Hoodoo practices, but I'm sure similar practices exist in England. And, as always, shoes were best made for walking, not sitting on the floor, so I also spend a lot of time just out and about trying to find solutions wherever they may be. But the ritual cleaning puts me in a good headspace to go out in the first place.
                          Good advice! Thanks. I've been gradually washing down walls and painting over grubby grout while trying to visualise literally cleaning out any blocks holding us back. I feel quite a lot better than I did when I posted this. I think it"s pushed my roommate out sooner though, because the poorly thought out ritual I did to one day take over this place, involved cleaning the rooms. It's as though I somehow reacticated the spell and now she's almost already moved out and plans to hand over the keys this Saturday!!

I MAY have helped things to change. I recently found my old guided meditation CD's and after the bad tarot and fortune stick (based on I ching), readings, I listened to one for peace. My vision took a life of its own and although roughly guided by the CD, my own imagination took me on a quest to meet the Dark Mother (just my name for the Goddess of the infinite star-studded cosmos, the 'Star goddess' mentioned in The Charge, perhaps). She took me in her arms and made me feel safe and blessed. I felt as though what will be, will be, and yet it will be okay.

When I woke from that vision, I pulled one last fortune stick and it said, 'you have received a blessing from the heavens'. I do know that if someone keeps reading and reading an oracle because they didn't like the first message, that it will often stop working and tell you what you want to hear, but I like to think that on this occasion, there really was at least a slight change of fate.

Thanks to everyone for their input. It gave me so much to consider and helped me to see the woods for the trees. Now it's just a waiting game I guess. Lets see how events pan out now.

Comment

Glad to hear you're in better spirits than you were before. Hopefully things start moving quickly in the right direction for you and you find the road you need to walk to your desired destination*.

*I almost put "final destination" but I just got done MST3K'ing all five of them (or six maybe?) and thought it would be ironically poor taste to put that down here. -.-

Comment

Well, to answer my own question: YES, fate or at least the outcome predicted by tarot cards, CAN be changed! I took the advice offered by you wonderful people, cleared my home, did the visualisation journey I mentioned above, cast a two part spell over the dark and new moon, and today, when the moon is just about full, JP got the call to tell him he has a job!! We're so happy. This will make such a massive difference to our lives and I can reduce my overtime. Maybe I'll even get my voice back!!

I'm not sure what the lesson was behind this: maybe open my eyes to the importance of clearing away blocks before casting spells?

Thank you so much, not only to those who posted here, but to everyone who put up with my moaning these past months, and who, even if not verbalised, had been wishing us well! Blessings will be sent to you all from my altar tonight!!

Comment

Working...
                              X