Cure For Nightmares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cure For Nightmares?

I've asked around and people have told me to turn the dream around...or to sleep with a crucifix.
    I've been having nightmares about the people I love most, dying and I'm left all alone, the dreams seem soo real and they bother me while I'm awake. I've been having these nightmares for about two weeks now. My boyfriend woke me up this morning because I was moaning, he tried to put happy, calming thoughts into my head to stop me from having the nightmares. I'm becoming scared to go to sleep and I don't want to keep my boyfriend awake because of it.

I was hoping someone here might have an idea of how to stop nightmares. I've tried sleeping with three stones under my pillow...Hematite, Amethyst and Lepidolite but I still get the nightmares.

Thanks for your time

Re: Cure For Nightmares?

Sometimes, nightmares are just nightmares. I wouldn't put too much other than that into it. Probably the best thing to do is just sit down and analyze it for yourself. Find out what it means to you, and then possibly you can find out why you're feeling the way you do about it... Best of luck to you!

Comment

I agree with the above, though I have a few good tricks.

I can be an insomniac, but not due to the fact that I can't sleep physically. I'm really mentally active, and a lot of the time, I need to distract my mind in order to fall asleep. So, I listen to audio books. I fall asleep in seconds. HOWEVER, I found that one of the consequences of this is that I dream about the books I'm listening to. Sometimes it's not always quite right, but that's the main thread of the dream. I know Zombie Pride and Prejudice is a thing, but it's hard to make real Pride and Prejudice terrifying. I'd give it a try. Steer clear of fantasy, sci fi and thrillers (your mind can twist them). Stick to classics, chick lit, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        I agree with the above, though I have a few good tricks.

I can be an insomniac, but not due to the fact that I can't sleep physically. I'm really mentally active, and a lot of the time, I need to distract my mind in order to fall asleep. So, I listen to audio books. I fall asleep in seconds. HOWEVER, I found that one of the consequences of this is that I dream about the books I'm listening to. Sometimes it's not always quite right, but that's the main thread of the dream. I know Zombie Pride and Prejudice is a thing, but it's hard to make real Pride and Prejudice terrifying. I'd give it a try. Steer clear of fantasy, sci fi and thrillers (your mind can twist them). Stick to classics, chick lit, etc.
        I listen to a Canadian archive called NightFall. Radio dramas of really scary stuff. I constantly have nightmares about this! So I switched to listening to happy fun podcasts before I sleep. Also don't eat spicy foods! Make sure when you get in bed, you do nothing except things you like. No worrying or doing bills etc.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Stop sleeping, problem solved.

/crappy advice
          [4:82]

Comment

If its a recurring dream Id recommend some sessions with a good therapist rather then continuing to ignore them. It might be something that bothered you in the past or is worrying you thats now pounding away trying to break into conscious mind where the feelings can be resolived. Its not new age but it helps me. You wouldnt believe the nightmares I get occasionally and how amazing I feel after figuring out what was causing them.

That or you could try my own version of a postitive piseog bag. Throw some swan feathers, rowan twigs, nice smelling herbs and something breakable of yours that reminds you of the dream in to a small bag and put it under your pillow. The swan feathers ship you out to the liminal place your dreams coming from, the rowan twigs invoke the protection/attention/respect of the supernatural, the herbs smell nice and when the thing that reminds you of your dream is symbollically broken by you lying on it in your sleep so is the hold the dreams have on you.

Magic. Or bollox depending.

Comment

When I was little I'd have pretty extreme upsetting nightmares every night so my mom got me a dream catcher and it seemed to help. I still have really unsettling dreams but that happens in my dorm. My room at home which has a big dream catcher and which I cleanse and sort of made my own little ~magical lair~ over the years, I usually sleep pretty soundly in.
              So i think good vibes help. Cleanse the space, burn some incense, meditate or pray. That's what works for me at least.

selume proferre

Comment

Thank you all so so much, my mother gave me a big dream catcher last night and it helped alot

Comment

Working...
                X