Need help naming a our kitten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help naming a our kitten

I was going to put this in family and friends, as I hope she'll be both, but decided as we have a puppy naming thread here, I'll keep it neat and tidy.

JP's mum is getting us a kitten as a birthday present for me and a house warming gift for both of us (I've wanted a cat for so long now). We don't have her yet, but she is black and white and will be 8 weeks old when we get her. The problem is that we can't agree on a name for her. I suggested Magpie, as it's my spirit animal, but JP thinks it would shortened to Meg, and his mum's dog is called Meg. I suggested Poppy, but he said the cat isn't red (weird response but I'm used to him). We thought of Japanese names, but we're hard core Japanophiles as it is, we shouldn't drag uchi no koneko into that nonesense too.

So.. maybe something witchy? I'd rather not name her after Brigantia. It would be like calling a cat Jesus. Just, weird.

We're open to ideas. Hopefully there'll be something we can agree on.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Re: Need help naming a our kitten

Call her Nietzsche. That's what I would do anyway.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I tend to go with odd or uncommon names. I like Magpie, that's cool and has variations to play with. I've had cats named KQ, KZ and Fancy. I've thought about DC (but I don't like the assumed connection to Washington D.C.), JD and Pookah. I've found that every cat I've had has seemed to enjoy one specific sound or another and I'll try to use that sound in their name. As long as I can raise people's eyebrows, at the same time. *wink*
      Last edited by ChainLightning; 29 Jul 2012, 08:01. Reason: "One" has an E at the end, right??

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Donaudampfschiffahrtskapitssnsmsstze

Comment

I have to be careful with odd names. I have a bad track record. I named a hamster Schizophrenic and she bit off her own foot, my most recent and beloved hamster was called Qwerty, but I affectionately called her Squirty, or 'my little squirty bum'. She died of wet tail: basically sh*t herself to death. :S

It doesn't end there. Trying to make light of my eating disorder as a teen, I called my goldfish Bulemia and Anorexia. I've no idea how, but one day, little Anorexia just vanished (we did have a cat at the time), so everyone joked that Bulemia had eaten Anorexia. I do wonder sometimes, he was much, much larger.

There was another example, but I can't recall. I'm thinking of maybe Yuki. Last Christmas, JP and I fell in love with the kitten on the Wiskers advert, who got snow on its head. We even made up a silly song about it. Although I didn't really want to give it a weaboo name, Yuki means 'snow' in Japanese and is a nice name for a cat.

Lol Dral, sadly I know a little bit German on account of living there for a while (disaster, I'm trying to forget it happened, and yet keep bringing it up..hmm) so know that isn't a fitting name for a kitten!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            I have to be careful with odd names. I have a bad track record. I named a hamster Schizophrenic and she bit off her own foot, my most recent and beloved hamster was called Qwerty, but I affectionately called her Squirty, or 'my little squirty bum'. She died of wet tail: basically sh*t herself to death. :S

It doesn't end there. Trying to make light of my eating disorder as a teen, I called my goldfish Bulemia and Anorexia. I've no idea how, but one day, little Anorexia just vanished (we did have a cat at the time), so everyone joked that Bulemia had eaten Anorexia. I do wonder sometimes, he was much, much larger.

There was another example, but I can't recall. I'm thinking of maybe Yuki. Last Christmas, JP and I fell in love with the kitten on the Wiskers advert, who got snow on its head. We even made up a silly song about it. Although I didn't really want to give it a weaboo name, Yuki means 'snow' in Japanese and is a nice name for a cat.

Lol Dral, sadly I know a little bit German on account of living there for a while (disaster, I'm trying to forget it happened, and yet keep bringing it up..hmm) so know that isn't a fitting name for a kitten!

Perhaps, the most long lived cat ever, would be a better name with your track record then eh?

That was just the most ridiculous German word I could think of off the top of my head lmao

Warum war Deutschland sehr slecht :/ ?

Comment

Kitler.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                Kitler.

Chairman Meow.
                [4:82]

Comment

OMG, i never even thought of that. I hope she's a Kitler. X

Comment

OH! I love it!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

The fact that you appear not to already be familiar with the kitler phenomenon, makes me worry more about my sanity. I have lost hours of my life on the websites and watching the youtube vids. We have a kitler living not too far from us, and the first time we spotted him was such an event! Hehe.

Comment

Uhoh. There's a phenomenon?? Nevermind, then.

Comment

Next up: Hamsters that look like Chester A. Arthur.
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Has anyone tried combining breading AND kitlers at the same time yet? Kitler breading...

Comment

Yummy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	351494

Comment

Working...
                              X