Online guided metitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online guided metitations

I have found these really helpful so I figured I would share the good ones I find with you. Feel free to add your own. It is a challenge to find good guided meditations on the internet. (Most are just music, some have a scary voice and others just don't quite fit the bill)

I really like this one because it is easy and very calming. The lady's voice is soothing and not "creepy". It focuses on the chakras so if that is your thing you should check it out

I also recommend converting them so you can put them on your MP3 player. This is best done with permission from the creators of the meditations of course. Having them on my Ipod is great in case I am on the go and have an anxiety attack or feel edgy.

More will be posted later.

Re: Online guided metitations

Great thread. Once I have internet access, or if I get a chance to use the net at work, I'll add some stuff. I use hypnosis recordings too although only one that I have found is free (I buy the mp3s usually). It was a recording a found on youtube that made me finally beat my smoking addiction. It will be a year on Wednesday, since I quit!! I did smoke for a few days when I was depressed about our money situation recently, but I didn't really like it and there was possibly an aspect of attention seeking in there. Like, 'Jem's smoking? She MUST be upset..'

Anyway, it's too bad I can't share the guided meditation CD's I use. I wrote about one on another thread, that became a very powerful visualisation. It may well have entirely changed my luck around, so I'm definitely an advocate of such recordings. Will provide links when I have full internet access.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I really like this one. I find it to be very simple and calming. It has helped me when I tore my sternum and separated my shoulder once. Getting to sleep was an absolute pain. I used this to train myself to relax the muscles instead of tensing or fidgeting them. (If you have something as serious as this I would see a doc ASAP, but for minor aches and pains it works wonders)

Comment

Thank you I've been looking for guided meditations do you have anymore.

Comment

Arise! Haunt the forums once more! Arise!

Thread resurrected by user request.

I'll merge it with its twin brother in a couple hours when I'm using a computer and not my phone.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I don't really do Astral Projection, but I really liked the imagery and journey this guided meditation walked me through. It heightened my awareness of my physical body first, and then the vastness of my mind and then my link with the universe. I found it very effective and enjoyable.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            Arise! Haunt the forums once more! Arise!

Thread resurrected by user request.

I'll merge it with its twin brother in a couple hours when I'm using a computer and not my phone.
            Haha! Thank you very much, Masked One.

Comment

These are just what I've been looking for. Thanks!!

Comment

I mentioned already that I make my own guided meditations and self-hypnosis recordings. Well, the recording that helped me to stop smoking had no music, just drumming. I wanted a decent backing track for my recordings and after a little searching, I eventually found this:

He's in a trance, so his rythm isn't perfect, but I have found it very affective to support any kind of trancework and it is long enough not to cut out before I get to the end (most of my journeys or hypnosis sessions are 20-30 minutes, but even if they run over, the video is long enough). I've recently used it for confidence buidling, especially around my body dysmorphia, and in helping me through the grieving process after losing our beloved kitten. It seems to be helping and I now have a list of recordings I want to make for other areas I want to work on.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

There's some really great ones you can download for free on selfcompassion.org, especially ones based in Loving Kindness forms of meditation
                  They've really helped me grow spiritually.

Comment

Working...
                  X