Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spirits/Gods giving you what you want, sometimes more, sometimes less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spirits/Gods giving you what you want, sometimes more, sometimes less?

Hey guys

I am wondering if you guys have had this ever happen. Okay so basically I needed spending money for this week, I am broke. I needed 10 more dollars to buy a book. I asked saint expedite for 20 bucks. Randomly today a family memeber gave me 10. And I have the right amount of money for a book. Would you see this as the spirit giving me money, but less because maybe he thought I was asking for too much and gave me the right amount of money that I needed to buy the book. (which was my orignal goal, to have spending money for a book) Would you see this as the spirit answering me?

Also have you ever had it when a spirit gave you more than what you asked for? OR a spirit gave you something you asked for, but alittle more reasonable and less? thanks blessd be

Re: Spirits/Gods giving you what you want, sometimes more, sometimes less?

I don't understand why I sometimes get what I need and sometimes don't. Over the last few weeks, I've been very lucky and had help from so many kind people. I am especially in debt to my dad. He showed unbelievable kindness and thanks to him, and the luck of JP finding a job, we won't lose the flat.

I'm still very, very anxious and I am a little worried about my mental health. I can't bring down my heart rate, as though I'm in a constant state of panic. I expect something to go wrong at any moment and can't seem to enjoy the luck we have had. Hopefully in time, I'll realise no one is going to come along and take everything from me again, and I can write about all the amazing events that have happened, to our benefit. I just scared if I write about nice things that happen to me, I'll jinx myself and have the embarrassment of looking foolish on top of the pain of being homeless...

It's also hard to celebrate because I always, whenever my spells work, wonder why my wish was granted, when people suffer all over the world and prayer to their deitiy/deities, to save their starving baby, or that their family members won't be blown up, and yet receive no help. Why should the gods favour me? Makes me feel egocentric and uncomfortable.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I don't ask for things any more. My Gods & spirits have unusual senses of humor. It's not always a good thing to 'receive blessings' from the Otherworldly.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Yaaa. Maybe I should revieve things when I actually need it

Comment

I often feel that deity has no involvment in spells and I am just applying a technique that increases the chances that I'll acheive my goals. It would explain why so many prayers go unanswered. So the ability to work spells, doesn't make anyone immune to poor fate, but might give you a slight edge in life. I honestly don't know. It's something that plagues my mind frequently. Yet despite these suspicions, I still always address my deities when casting spells and always thank them when things go well for me. I'm pretty confused on the subject.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I think prayers/spells are answerd when the universe thinks its right, and other times I think when they arent answerd the universe or great spirit doesnt think its right for that moment or we could be asking at the wrong time.

I do think though deity has little say in spells, and spirits are the ones who help out as well. Like when you do a candle spell, the fire spirits are in work , and if you burry that candle then earth and fire spirits are at work, even without asking, because your coming on there turf. I find ancestor spirits are the ones that answer the most (I only asked for one thing from ancestors and it came true) Ancestors are blood, and they are willing to help us. Yes deity made us, but knows the best when things are right or not. Thats why most of the time I work with spirits and deity, like fairies and great spirit, or ancestors and great spirit. I always work with one spirit, and one deity (or just Great spirit)

Comment

I feel that a lot of times, our prayers are answered and we just aren't sure how to recognize it... And sometimes we make a different move at the last second and miss our beat... Or maybe there's something to be learned by not getting what we ask for... So I don't think it's a matter of my deities loving me more or less than anyone else, or choosing favorites, I think it's a matter of being aware and looking out for the signs... People who work Magick and perform Spells are often very attuned to the little details and the signs in every day life... For example, I'm one to believe that seeing a crow three times in a day might be significant, or noticing that there is a man in a blue shirt around every time I pass a bank might mean something. Noticing little, seemingly insignificant things can be a real art! And I believe that that is one of the keys to making our prayers come true: Knowing when to stop, look, and listen.

Comment

$.02 about Saint Expedite as a folk saint: My spouse, L, and I recently tried something with him. L works in shipping, and so it didn't really come as a surprise for him to find that you can either 1) get what you want, or 2) get it done quickly. Ours ended up with an apartment when we needed one, but an unanticipated insect problem.

You generally can't have your cake and eat it too, especially since the universe as a whole doesn't like people asking for special treatment. I generally have much better luck asking for information, an "aha" if I'm stuck, or something to open up so that I can do it myself, as those generally empower the person asking more then just giving them what they need would.

ETA: a rather silly version of what we did, if you're interested: http://www.paganforum.com/entry.php?...or-St-Expedite
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I've found in my own experience that spirits and deities tend to give you exactly what you ask for and usually aren't interested in teaching lessons by giving more or less than what you asked for, but I'm sure it really depends on whom you're asking for help. I'm guessing that saints might be inclined to do this, but I have no experience with them. Perhaps St. Expedite knew that you only needed money for the book and even though you wanted more only gave you what you subconsciously knew you needed.

The most dramatic and straight-forward summoning I've ever done happened to be a petition for a new job. I called on the spirit/god Ziku from the Necronomicon and had some very vivid visions. Anyway, I told him exactly what I wanted, he knew I truly wanted what I was asking for (those who had worked extensively with these spirits informed me that Ziku "helps those who help themselves"), and I got exactly that.
                  Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                  -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                  X