This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Budget Pagan

I'm going to agree with you. However, I have no choice but to get herbs at the shop, or on-line, because I don't have enough pots to grow all the herbs that I want.

Comment

If you can't afford herbs that a spell calls for, go out to the closest nature spot and hunt for them or substitutions. Most magic is sympathetic, don't feel like your herbs have to match what the spell calls for. So you can't afford lavender for a prosperity spell, but you're driving down the road and spot some wisteria? GRAB IT.

Comment

go on youtube and look up how to make cold porcelian im sure it can be used to make many helpful tools

Comment

Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread! I've been reading through every post to get ideas on how to make MY altar. I have a teeny tiny apartment that is just one room (no bedroom) so I don't really have room for an altar of any decent size. Also, I have 2 cats... They get into anything they can.
          So after reading all of this, I went to the crafts store here and got a tiny wooden trinket box that I plan to decorate with my wood burning pen and filling it up with dried flower and rocks and any other interesting things I find in nature! Small and compact but lacks any tools. Which works for me as I wouldn't know how to use them anyways.

Comment

oh this is an awesome find

Comment

Goodwill or any sort of donation store.

These places are awesome! You can find some really nice things for cheap and your purchase goes towards helping people and the community. A win-win for all!

Comment

"By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I was at the dollar tree the other day and I got some pretty glass star shaped candle holders for a pack of 2 for a $1; so $0.50 per candle holder

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                    I was at the dollar tree the other day and I got some pretty glass star shaped candle holders for a pack of 2 for a $1; so $0.50 per candle holder
                    You can go to their website and order things in bulk, by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                      You can go to their website and order things in bulk, by the way!
                      That's AWESOME!!! I did not know that...
                      They have this awesome pet stain carpet spray stuff (I also love it as a stain remover on my clothes), but they're always running out at my local store; I'm totally going to order a case
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by OldMotherWestWind View Post
                        I'm sure most of these, if not all, have already been mentioned. But, just from my experience in gaining magickal resources when I was on a low budget is the following. Hope it helps!
                        <snip>
                        - Keep sauce and condiment bottles and jars. They are great for jar spells and keeping your herbs and bits and pieces in.
                        I keep pretty much every glass jar and bottle that we use in this house. Not only for jar spells, but for storing herbs and the like.

Another super cheap purification item is white vinegar. It costs less than a dollar at more grocery stores, and I use it for purifying everything that won't be hurt by getting wet.
                        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

This is such a god thread I save money in many different ways:
                          . Reusing empty small bottels, boxes, old cloths, bedlines and so om.
                          . Finding flowers, branches, herbs and more in the forest and mountains.
                          . At the sea we collect saltwater, seashells, old things and glass the ses has carried on to the sand.
                          .Many other has mention before looking in cheap shops, loooking at freestuff on facebook, ebay and on sales.
                          . I also like makeing many tools and other things Like soaps, tea, spices,incense, making new candela from old ones...
                          . Have ny own little herb garden, some vegetables and berries

Comment

Sorry for necroing this thread, but it's a good one, especially with the new people here.

Beeswax candles are usually pretty expensive, right? Check this flummery out. 45 of them, in a multitude of colors, for $12.
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

This is a good thread to necro! (thats why its stickey)

I usually get my beeswax from a guy that sells honey at the farmers market...but thats a good deal!
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Those are fishing awesome!!!!
                                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                                X