X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Magical Home

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    I'd missed this thread but I have a related question. What do people feel about using a kind of adapted Feng Shui based on the Western style magical systems? I've been interested in using Feng Shui techniques in my home (and some things I DO use, like not having my feet towards a door when I sleep, arranging the furniture so that no corners are pointing at me when I'm sitting), but I'm very uncomfortable using the Eastern elements and the correspondences. It feels that sticking to the system I use in my religious and magical work, would create far more harmony. However, I don't think I am able to invent a system that could compare with an ancient Chinese system that took thousands of years, and far greater minds than mine, to develop.

How do other witchy-types address this conflict?
    Feng Shui is one of my stronger points; in a nutshell here are the things I do. 1st step is to declutter. I recently did a purge this year after buying my own house. I try to go through and get rid of things once every 6 months but even with doing that I had a HUGE purge this year. Feng Shui basically states that if you dont love it or use it, ditch it and honestly you should really love it AND use it. Next step is to fix whatever is broken. This is still a process for me after buying a house lol but fixing and upgrading will actually save you money so its completely justified. Next are the colors you use; now, I prefer bright colors so feng shui can kiss my butt at this point, but I even it out with my decoration style. Lots of books, candles, plants, and pottery with rocks. I personally always have to hold back on decorating or I will defeat the purpose of decluttering lol Two other important things to remember are positioning the commanding seat in the house so it can see the door (hopefully even BOTH doors), and front windows... Then make sure to open your front door daily and make it has aesthetically pleasing as possible... Make sure to sweep your deck regularly and stuff too

Comment

Originally posted by Technoterra View Post
      Feng Shui is one of my stronger points; in a nutshell here are the things I do. 1st step is to declutter. I recently did a purge this year after buying my own house. I try to go through and get rid of things once every 6 months but even with doing that I had a HUGE purge this year. Feng Shui basically states that if you dont love it or use it, ditch it and honestly you should really love it AND use it. Next step is to fix whatever is broken. This is still a process for me after buying a house lol but fixing and upgrading will actually save you money so its completely justified. Next are the colors you use; now, I prefer bright colors so feng shui can kiss my butt at this point, but I even it out with my decoration style. Lots of books, candles, plants, and pottery with rocks. I personally always have to hold back on decorating or I will defeat the purpose of decluttering lol Two other important things to remember are positioning the commanding seat in the house so it can see the door (hopefully even BOTH doors), and front windows... Then make sure to open your front door daily and make it has aesthetically pleasing as possible... Make sure to sweep your deck regularly and stuff too
      That post was 3 years ago and since then I have indeed come up with my own system for creating harmony, although I am quite limited by the shape of our flat. For example, the master bedroom is at the front of the house and the only room from which you can see the front street. The flat is long and narrow, not the nice regular square feng sui assumes homes are. I still have a few principles that I like to keep in mind though.

I recently did a big house cleansing and blessing because neither of us could settle here. We felt disconnected to the flat, despite me falling instantly in love with it the first time I walked through the door, a whole year before I would move here myself. I always felt that the flat instantly took to me that day, like I was fated to live here. Yet something just felt off once I did take over tenancy of the property.

The cleansing helped, but after a week or two, the discomfort returned. It was then that I decided to put my spiritual work to action. I did a nice meditation in which I met with the spirits of the flat (that I've been leaving offerings for, but didn't know personally). We were able to quickly and easily resolve the conflict (it was a misunderstanding; they were still serving the landlord so trying to force the flat to be crisp and neutral to appeal to new tenants. They didn't understand that we intend to stay a while, and want to make a cosy home here). I feel so, so happy and comfortable here now. They've been as good as their word. The flat would always smell of cats in the morning, after Dolly used her tray, but it just doesn't anymore. It is always fresh and the atmosphere light and airy. It used to be that no matter how much I cleaned and tidied, it always felt unclean, but it doesn't now. I look around and everything looks so orderly and homely. Even JP has started picking up after himself, and doing dishes without being asked. He's started having his friends over a bit more often, which is really important for his mental health.

Just one more little issue that has been cleared up in the process of regaining control over my mind, and life!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        That post was 3 years ago and since then I have indeed come up with my own system for creating harmony, although I am quite limited by the shape of our flat. For example, the master bedroom is at the front of the house and the only room from which you can see the front street. The flat is long and narrow, not the nice regular square feng sui assumes homes are. I still have a few principles that I like to keep in mind though.

I recently did a big house cleansing and blessing because neither of us could settle here. We felt disconnected to the flat, despite me falling instantly in love with it the first time I walked through the door, a whole year before I would move here myself. I always felt that the flat instantly took to me that day, like I was fated to live here. Yet something just felt off once I did take over tenancy of the property.

The cleansing helped, but after a week or two, the discomfort returned. It was then that I decided to put my spiritual work to action. I did a nice meditation in which I met with the spirits of the flat (that I've been leaving offerings for, but didn't know personally). We were able to quickly and easily resolve the conflict (it was a misunderstanding; they were still serving the landlord so trying to force the flat to be crisp and neutral to appeal to new tenants. They didn't understand that we intend to stay a while, and want to make a cosy home here). I feel so, so happy and comfortable here now. They've been as good as their word. The flat would always smell of cats in the morning, after Dolly used her tray, but it just doesn't anymore. It is always fresh and the atmosphere light and airy. It used to be that no matter how much I cleaned and tidied, it always felt unclean, but it doesn't now. I look around and everything looks so orderly and homely. Even JP has started picking up after himself, and doing dishes without being asked. He's started having his friends over a bit more often, which is really important for his mental health.

Just one more little issue that has been cleared up in the process of regaining control over my mind, and life!
        I didnt even stop to notice to post date! lol Good Im glad things seem a bit more orderly for you! I really like my place, but everything needs fixed lol Thank god the location is amazing! Its all trees, and shadey, and woods to the back, on a dirt road, 18 miles from town, I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Technoterra View Post
          I didnt even stop to notice to post date! lol
          Don't worry about it. The thread wasn't locked. Besides, I tend to prefer to dig up old threads over starting a new one on a similar topic. You often get to hear new opinions, because members have changed since the last time it was discussed. So it's all good.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
          X