Let the elections be done and over with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the elections be done and over with

I am starting to get brain freeze from all the attack ads,and just want the elections to be done. Then at least we will know our fate,and be able to deal with what ever outcome we get stuck with. I like Obama,but I think we the people are boned no matter who wins. Too much money and less say from the PEOPLE(us regular folks).
    I am actually kinda glad I am old and wont be around that much longer,but I do worry what kind of world my children and grand children will have to deal with. Hoping for the best,but preparing for the worst.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Let the elections be done and over with

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    I am starting to get brain freeze from all the attack ads,and just want the elections to be done. Then at least we will know our fate,and be able to deal with what ever outcome we get stuck with. I like Obama,but I think we the people are boned no matter who wins. Too much money and less say from the PEOPLE(us regular folks).
    I am actually kinda glad I am old and wont be around that much longer,but I do worry what kind of world my children and grand children will have to deal with. Hoping for the best,but preparing for the worst.
    Do I ever agree with everything you've said here!

Comment

I would agree as well at this point...which has led to some massive drama on FB lately. I really wish we didn't have this two party system, though
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Yours are super drawn-out too. Germany is having a federal election next year as well, and I think earlier than yours (September, I think...not entirely sure though), and while the word election occasionally comes up in the political press, no one has started campaigning yet.

Comment

When are the US elections? It seems as though the campaigning has been going on forever (from the little I've gleaned through international forums)
          http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

November, I think.

Comment

Wow really. That really is super drawn-out. I'm not surprised some people won't it to be over with already.

Comment

And jet lag was getting the better of me, because ours aren't until 2013...which is when the president will take his seat, not get elected. Which is weird in itself (our government is usually in effect right after the elections, with some time taken to form coalitions and such....I think it's the same in the UK)

Comment

Yep it is the same here in the UK. The elections finish, are counted and the government is changed in a very short space of time. Even forming the current coalition (yea, thanks a lot for that one!!) only took a few days or so iirc.

Comment

Yep, elections are in November. And we are all screwed no matter what.

(Also, my profile picture is pretty much how I feel about the entire election this year.)

Comment

Yeah, the elections in the US are less about who is most qualified to be president, and more about how much $$ ya wanna throw around to make people think that they like you, and its true of every candidate and party, and is Canada looking for more citizens? I just don't wanna anymore...
                      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

If you go to Canada, you'll have to deal with Harper and the conservatives for a few more years...just sayin'.

Still hoping for a good scandal to force an election!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          If you go to Canada, you'll have to deal with Harper and the conservatives for a few more years...just sayin'.

Still hoping for a good scandal to force an election!
                          Amen! The robocalls fiasco is our best hope...the RCMP are now officially on the case to find 'Pierre Poutine'....though, I'm not holding my breath.....sigh.
                          Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

This is why I don't watch the ads.

Also consider downloading adblock if you use firefox or crhome.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixMask View Post
                              This is why I don't watch the ads.

Also consider downloading adblock if you use firefox or crhome.
                              I disagree strongly with adblock. Most of the free services on the internet can run only because of ads.
                              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X