Using breath and imagery to heal and calm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using breath and imagery to heal and calm

The other day, my husband was feeling very ill. He hates being sick and gets quite stressed out by it which I think just adds to the symptoms. He woke me, and I began to try some relaxation techniques I learned in my Yoga class. We started off shifting attention from the location of the problem to other parts of the body. I encouraged him to relax working from the extremities in. Then, we started to work on breath. I encouraged him to think back to a time when he was well and happy. Whatever the reason for his happiness at that time, I encouraged him to focus on the feeling only and to breath that in. Next, I asked him to find a time when he felt confident and successful and to breathe all that in, and to breath out negativity. This seemed to work quite well. His symptoms grew less severe and what did remain he was able to handle calmly. This is something I had never done before and I was wondering if anyone had done anything like this?

Re: Using breath and imagery to heal and calm

Yes I have. And again, at the risk of being accused of plugging, I wrote a book about it here: http://www.thewolfenhowlepress.com/M...he_Breath.html

If you click on the red Kindle link (you don't have to actually buy the book!) you get the first chapter free. I think you'll find it's a very similar idea.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
      Yes I have. And again, at the risk of being accused of plugging, I wrote a book about it here: http://www.thewolfenhowlepress.com/M...he_Breath.html

If you click on the red Kindle link (you don't have to actually buy the book!) you get the first chapter free. I think you'll find it's a very similar idea.
      lol, Mrs. P, I think you've been around here long enough, no one minds! and if they did, I plug my blog all the time, when its covered a question that someone has asked...

(and I would have recommended your book too!)
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the plug! heh I am interested to read about this to make sure I do it right. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          Thank you for the plug! heh I am interested to read about this to make sure I do it right. Thanks again!
          You're welcome!
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
          X