Sage Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage Burning

Hey guys so I havent saged my house in like 4 months (lmao crazy I know) and i feel like it needs a major cleansing. I just made my self a homemade sage fan/wand.

My friend gave me this shell, that is alittle bit bigger than the average hand. I cannot afford a abalone shell. So I was wondering can I burn sage from a regualr shell that my friend gave to me from the beach (so it means more as well)

If I were to do that how would I go abouts doing it? Do I gather the sage and put it inside the shell and then light it on fire? or should I put a charcole block in it (probally a bad idea yikes lmao) anywho if I want to use a shell from the beach how would I do this? thanks and blessed be!

- - - Updated - - -

Like a fire*

Re: Sage Burning

Do what works. I just light the sage bundle and fan it with an oldish crow feather I've had for a while.

As for shells... In my experience, I didn't use a shell for like ten years. Bought an abalone shell last year and wound up giving it away to a friend shortly after I bought it because it just seemed better that he have it. Wasn't any different when I had the shell, was just as effective without it. Right now I'm using a big ol' oyster shell I found, used it this morning. I also burn loose combustible incense in it. Same effect as without any shell, same effect as when I had an Official Abalone Shell. Worked wonderfully, just as I'm used to.

Just do what works, again. The magick is not in the shell or the sage, it's in your energy and your intention.

Comment

Thanks for your response Ya Id rather use the shell I got as a gift and not spend big loads of money

Comment

I would bind the sage into a bundle and burn it and catch the ash with the shell.

Comment

Working...
        X