Biggest pet peeve about your faith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest pet peeve about your faith?

Just curious, what would you say is the biggest pet peeve you have about how others view your faith, or the misconception that most bothers you? For me personally, it's that all pagans worship the Devil. AARGH!

Re: Biggest pet peeve about your faith?

That I'm a Wiccan, or follow most common Wiccan practices (such as following the Wiccan rede, having a God/Goddess pair, threefold law, ritual structure, whatever). Nothing against Wiccans, but I am not one.
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by windywoman View Post
      Just curious, what would you say is the biggest pet peeve you have about how others view your faith, or the misconception that most bothers you? For me personally, it's that all pagans worship the Devil. AARGH!
      I'm a Satanist. This is my biggest pet peeve from Pagans who say this as if their deities aren't just as naughty as the Devil.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Naughty? Nah, i think the word "Dick" comes to mind when i think of Loki!

Id just have to go with the Brain-tummor level of ignorance that people use when they learn im a Pagan. i put some Dolmen on the radio at work the other day and said they was a band from a Pagan Festival i go too, "Herp a derp Pagan Music!" "Yes, welldone idiot"

Late that day, abouts to leave and putting on iPod "Oh, you gonna listen to your 'Hallehluya'? Lololol"

"Realy?? Quoting a classical opera, something we all know you know nothing about (he thought bohemium rapsody was opera) that is actualy based on the Arabic religion of Christanitys deity Jesus, you have no idea what your talking about do you?"

he walked off silent, he are idiot.

So in summery, Know-nothings who think they kow everything, like... wat??

Comment

The way people WITHIN paganism nit-pic at the details. 'You're not wiccan because...', 'you can't call yourself a Heathen...' 'You're not a witch you're a...' All that bullcrap pisses me off more than anything else. Oh and people who point and laugh at the fluffy bunnies. As if anyone's path is so perfect and flawless, that they can afford to sit on their pedistals and laugh at the mistakes of others.. eugh. I guess, what I'm saying is the thing I dislike the most about being pagan, is other pagans (90% of this forum excluded of course!).
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Ive heard of these people in passing comments, never actualy met one.

Comment

That we're all hippies. I mean, I have some hippie tendencies, but that's just ME, and I was always like that!

Comment

lol hippie tendencies. I'm half hippie on my mom's side :B):

It's not really a pet peeve about how outsiders view my generic pagany-ness, but a thing they say in jest: "Ha ha ha, you aren't gonna curse me are you?"

I'm always half inclined to say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  The way people WITHIN paganism nit-pic at the details. 'You're not wiccan because...', 'you can't call yourself a Heathen...' 'You're not a witch you're a...' All that bullcrap pisses me off more than anything else. Oh and people who point and laugh at the fluffy bunnies. As if anyone's path is so perfect and flawless, that they can afford to sit on their pedestals and laugh at the mistakes of others.. eugh. I guess, what I'm saying is the thing I dislike the most about being pagan, is other pagans (90% of this forum excluded of course!).
                  ^^^

All of this.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Biggest pet peeve to me is the initial reaction one gives when they ask you your religion and >GASP!< mg:when they find out. THEN...they decide to ask stupid questions...

- isn't that like...witchcraft?
                    - so...like...you cast spells?
                    - do you do rituals?
                    - isn't it true that (insert moronic stereotype imagined from Hollywood here)

Do what thou wilt, but harm none. To my recollection we never nailed someone to a stake to die for others, declared holy wars to protect what we believe, or argue with those who's beliefs differ from ours. We respect your faith, you need to respect ours.

Comment

The questions and stereotypes don't really bother me. A lack of knowledge does not equal stupidity and an enquiring mind hints at an open mind. So when people ask me if I have a broomstick or if I cast spells, I explain just as calmly as I do when people say, 'if we didn't milk cows, wouldn't they explode?' Or 'you eat sushi? But that's raw fish and you're a vegetarian...' Deep breath, calm tone.. gentle clearing of the misconceptions... I like to call such things, 'general ignorance', after QI, but general ignorance doesn't offend me.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

My biggest pet peeve? That people assume we're all drug users because apparently that's what it takes to trance and commune with the spirit old. :frustrated:
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I have two: one internal, one external.

Internal: Reiki. I'm sorry and I don't want to offend anyone but I absolutely cannot stand that this is becoming soooo popular in my religious community.

External: The idea that we are all granola hippies (as someone else mentioned!). It's like if you don't live off the grid, eat a vegetarian diet, have dreadlocks and wear nothing but open-toed shoes while smelling of patchouli and hummus then people think you aren't a serious pagan.

Comment

HAHA I love this.

Comment

I'm an aztec reconstructionist (or kind of) and my biggest pet peeve is that everyone seem to think that I hate life and want to kill all I see,
                              I mean, really??? that's not who I am! I'm a very life-happy person
                              ~ flowers are our only garments
                              only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Working...
                              X