Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biggest pet peeve about your faith?

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
    Oh, no not at all. I was just pointing out that when people assume you're something you're not just because they're misinformed seems a lot worse than instant rejection. Since they give out that "I totally know about this stuff" kinda attitude.
    ahhhhh gotcha! Yeah. That would suck.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
      I'm thinking I might need to blog a few of these peeves of mine.

Peeve: People who have decided wishful thinking is enough to make whatever reality they want happen, and then get their panties in a twist when someone else has a different experience and/or their claims are challenged.
      I think for me I have such a hard time with the fantasy / cartoon reality because I recall sitting on base in 1979 arguing how Greek gods / goddesses were actually real and not just myths with no real basis as a divinity. How we had to fight to prove we were not simply Devil worshipers or Satan Worshipers, yes in the late 70's they were different entities. It was not simply made up in our minds nor did we try to create a false universe or morality. Even the Jedi religion at least had some basis in factual though archaic spiritual practices and beliefs.

Then factor in every time I see a pagan who claims a cartoon character or such I am reminded of the arguments that arose about how Care Bears and such were all fronts for the satanic movement and seeking to undermine good Christian values. How it was all programming to make false or created social media to corrupt and subvert things, to believe in fantasy and non-reality. In many ways to move us away from viable belief and support for actual gods / goddesses and prove it was all fantasy worlds and beliefs.

Now it seems a slap in the face to all we fought for so someone could make Bozo the clown a god / goddess or elevate Scooby Doo to divine status. Heck even Crom was at least a god in the comics, so there was some concept of divinty.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        Now it seems a slap in the face to all we fought for so someone could make Bozo the clown a god / goddess or elevate Scooby Doo to divine status. Heck even Crom was at least a god in the comics, so there was some concept of divinty.
        I'll let you know when my blog is up. I'd love to hear what you have to say about it.
        "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I hate how popular the Hellenic pantheon is. It leads to far too many misconceptions and annoying classes. Oh and this leads to a lot of frauds and charlatans claiming some kind of right to teach.

I hate how stuffy many recons and older Hellenes are because they turn away many would be members.

I hate how Wiccan some Hellenes are. Not because I hate Wiccans, but because these kinds of Hellenes distort the real picture.

I hate how uptight and holier-than-thou some Hellenes, especially recons with Greek heritage, act towards others.

Comment

I hate how people repeat the "a lot of heathens are racists/neo NAZIs/Facists/White supremicists" when talking about pagan faiths...
            And yet no one mentions the extreme nationalistic racism at the core of a lot of celtic groups...nooooooooooo.
            What makes me more annoyed is when other pagans recite the same thing, seriously guys surely we should be helping each other, not spreading crap about each other?

Here's a handy tip for people:
            Every faith group has its extremists.

Comment

Working...
            X