Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biggest pet peeve about your faith?

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
    I'm an aztec reconstructionist (or kind of) and my biggest pet peeve is that everyone seem to think that I hate life and want to kill all I see,
    I mean, really??? that's not who I am! I'm a very life-happy person
    And you're into human sacrifice! Don't forget the human sacrifice! It is a bit weird. I mean, it's not as though the Celtic, Roman or Norse recons are following much gentler races!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I am finding the Heathen community confusing. For all the talk of kinship most groups have tight rules and are pretty segregated. It's disheartening.

Comment

I'm an aztec reconstructionist (or kind of) and my biggest pet peeve is that everyone seem to think that I hate life and want to kill all I see,
        I mean, really??? that's not who I am! I'm a very life-happy person
        I'm curious about your religion. I'm Mexican so obviously I'm interested in my heritage etc. Did you get into this because of your ethnicity or for another reason? This is one of those religions I can't imagine someone outside of the culture wanting to bring back..know what I mean? And is there a link to a site that explains it a bit more?
        Thanks!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I'm curious about your religion. I'm Mexican so obviously I'm interested in my heritage etc. Did you get into this because of your ethnicity or for another reason? This is one of those religions I can't imagine someone outside of the culture wanting to bring back..know what I mean? And is there a link to a site that explains it a bit more?
          Thanks!
          I know what you mean.
          I don't got into this religion ethnically, - I'm from Denmark(If you don't know, it is a little country in Scandinavia). My ancestors were vikings and my family have been christians since looong time ago, and have nothing to do with the aztecs.

I got into this religion by school actually. Well, I've always been enterested in ancient cultures, and three years ago when I started studying to be an archeologist, I had to learn all about the aztec and their cuture. also I had to learn about other cultures but, this particular religion just seem to be the most interesting. It called me in a way, nothing had ever done before. very particular. then(after many problems telling my friends and family that this was real. this was my path) I became an aztec polythiest.

hope your curiousity liked it

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          And you're into human sacrifice! Don't forget the human sacrifice! It is a bit weird. I mean, it's not as though the Celtic, Roman or Norse recons are following much gentler races!
          oh, yeah, how could I forget??? .... hmm all cultures have their brutal sites...

btw I think human sacrifice is better that other kinds of animal sacrifices actually. 'cause humans could tell if they don't want. we can't understand other animal races well, so we don't know if they want to be sacrificed..... welll I doubt any animal would like too....

But don't think that I wan't to sacrifice everyone! nonono, I don't want! and even if I wanted to, I couldn't because of the law. I would be concidered crazy, or mantally disturbed or something.... and would be taken to prison.
          ~ flowers are our only garments
          only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Earth technology doesn't support lightsaber construction atm...
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I guess mine is a little more regional or something, but I mentioned I was pagan while I was overseas in the military and the girls there thought I was part of the motorcycle gang.... Explaining the difference between a gang and a religion became tedious when I realized that they had now become convinced I was in a gang....
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I know what you mean.
                I don't got into this religion ethnically, - I'm from Denmark(If you don't know, it is a little country in Scandinavia). My ancestors were vikings and my family have been christians since looong time ago, and have nothing to do with the aztecs.

I got into this religion by school actually. Well, I've always been enterested in ancient cultures, and three years ago when I started studying to be an archeologist, I had to learn all about the aztec and their cuture. also I had to learn about other cultures but, this particular religion just seem to be the most interesting. It called me in a way, nothing had ever done before. very particular. then(after many problems telling my friends and family that this was real. this was my path) I became an aztec polythiest.

hope your curiousity liked it
                Hey Sarkana, has anyone asked if you'd be interested in starting an "Ask A _____" thread?

My current pet peeve is that I find that continue to have experiences that are odd. Everyone I've ever met in person who says they've had similar sets off my red flags. I can only assume that more normal people have these things happen and just don't talk about them...I just wish I could talk about them sometimes without coming across as a dingbat.

Also, Heathen communities often seem to have all the same things that are why I left mainstream religion in the first place. No me gusta.
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                  Hey Sarkana, has anyone asked if you'd be interested in starting an "Ask A _____" thread?

My current pet peeve is that I find that continue to have experiences that are odd. Everyone I've ever met in person who says they've had similar sets off my red flags. I can only assume that more normal people have these things happen and just don't talk about them...I just wish I could talk about them sometimes without coming across as a dingbat.

Also, Heathen communities often seem to have all the same things that are why I left mainstream religion in the first place. No me gusta.
                  hahah..... this might sound a little wierd, but... I don't know how to make threads! (not the big computer nerd. actually I suck at such electronic things) I need a little help??

Comment

Lack of definition, I know Paganism is a broad tent and I'm as annoyed as anyone with 'you aren't a real.... unless you....' but I still am troubled by the lack of boundaries. If everything qualifies as Pagan then the term is meaningless. After contemplating an article about athiest Pagans recently I stopped calling myself Pagan and I go with Polytheistic now to reflect the faith based nature of my belief. It makes no sense to me that antithetical views can be represented under the same umbrella, i'm all for tolerance but it makes no sense to me and seems intellectually dishonest. I know there is no solution for that as I like many others within our collection of communities utterly reject the notion of any body, council or committee defining such matters but the nagging won't go away, a sense that Pagan should mean something.

Comment

hahah..... this might sound a little wierd, but... I don't know how to make threads! (not the big computer nerd. actually I suck at such electronic things) I need a little help??
                      Just go to the board where you want to make your thread (General Discussion, for example). Then, look at the upper left corner and search for Post New Thread. Click on it!

It will take you to a new page where you can type a title and a message. It's really easy, and if you need help or you posted in the wrong section or whatever, just tell me or any other mods and we will fix it for you.

[4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                        Just go to the board where you want to make your thread (General Discussion, for example). Then, look at the upper left corner and search for Post New Thread. Click on it!

It will take you to a new page where you can type a title and a message. It's really easy, and if you need help or you posted in the wrong section or whatever, just tell me or any other mods and we will fix it for you.

thanks, thanks! aaaah, I feel like an old woman, who can't find out anything about computers..... ah, well

Comment

My biggest pet peeve about my faith is a personal peeve: I don't know what the heck to call it at this point. I have a Celtic influence, but I'm not a reconstructionist, druid, or Celtic wiccan. I still retain some of my Christian beliefs, but am not a Christo-pagan.

I'm not really sure that my beliefs could even accurately be called pagan, but since I like all of you and really love the pagan friends that I have, I don't quibble.

Since I don't know what to call it, and since haven't performed the same social transformation that many evangelicals do upon conversion (tell everyone about your conversion, ask them why they haven't converted yet, change all of my external habbits to reflect my new beliefs, slap bumperstickers on the car, etc...), nobody really asks me about it, and my friends, be they Christian, Jewish, Pagan, or of no belief at all, all know my general views and beliefs anyway (spiritual/religious conversation is a popular and surprisingly nondivisive topic amongst my friends).

Comment

Comment

They grew up. Had to pay taxes, take their Diabetes medication and figure out how to not go into foreclosure.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                They grew up. Had to pay taxes, take their Diabetes medication and figure out how to not go into foreclosure.
                                Ah the simple people, cant manage being an adult and being interesting at the same time. God love them.
                                Just as well theres enough charitable people in the world to support the less fortunate

Comment

Working...
                                X