Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching for signs of Halloween

Watching for signs of Halloween

Every year I notice with some amusement how the signs of Christmas in supermarkets get earlier and earlier.

One can rightly say: "Christmas starts in August!"

Can we play the same game with Halloween?

In other words: Have you already seen the first signs of Halloween somewhere - in shops - or elsewhere?

Re: Watching for signs of Halloween

I found a generous selection of decorations at Michael's Crafts as well as a few things in the home section at Kohls. It comes earlier and earlier every year. That being said when I was a Hallmark employee we started stocking Christmas ornaments in the beginning of July!

Comment

Not yet here. I look forward to Halloween hitting our shops for one reason: I collect cat ears. Most of the year, they're not too easy to come by (bunnies ears are everywhere, but cat ears are only seen in costume shops and usually pretty crappy). At Halloween, places like Clairs bring out their special cat ears and Jem is one happy little shopper!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Michael's, Craft's 2000 and the dollar stores all have Halloween stuff out.

Comment

nope, haven't seen any Halloween stuff, but in stead I have a friend whose singing christmass songs the whole year! ( yeah, I'm a bit tired of jingle bells now....)
          ~ flowers are our only garments
          only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Yeah. On me. I'm a Satanist. And my tatoos...well they could be called Halloweeny

But the FIRST place I go to see what's coming up is the 99 cents store.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I've seen a few things, but mostly its still all "back to school" stuff...once the clearances for that have ended, then the Halloween stuff usually comes out.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Irelands Witchfest has started being promoted www.feiledraiochta.com and it happens around halloween every year. I had discussions about killing off the dry stock before we saved hay [prior to the 8th c] cos there was no time to get dry hay in this year... so farmers might be lookin towards it. No bats or pumpkins yet though.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and theres a stage version of psycho on in the national concert hall here with a full orchestra.
                Last edited by JamesByrne; 21 Aug 2012, 12:24. Reason: added url to the witchfest

Comment

Oh yeah, the super market started putting out Halloween candy about two weeks ago. Craft stores and candle stores also have stuff out currently. (A friend who works at a candle store was putting out Halloween things sometime in late July...)
                  Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                    A friend who works at a candle store was putting out Halloween things sometime in late July...
                    July!

A new record!

Comment

Speaking of Halloween. I'm slowly putting together ideas for a Wolverine type costume I can wear to work!
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I've seen a few costumes on Pinterest already.

I'm thinking of making a medieval dress, but it's not for Halloween. I want to dress up like Belle from Beauty and the Beast for Halloween.

Comment

Just got it all in at Michael's. Cute black and purple...and I no haz moneyz.
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I'm slowly putting together ideas for a Wolverine type costume I can wear to work!
                            What about a feline costume?

Comment

Avon sent me my "Prepare for Campaign ##" materials with the Halloween stuff back in July. I also was in A.C. Moore the other day and they had the halloween stuff moved to the front. The Christmas stuff never really all goes away, it's always on clearance for the off season till around July-ish.
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                              X