Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

casting sacred space/mimicking the world tree

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy xD

So basically in my practice I am going to use a staff. Which I see as a symbol that can mimick the world tree, direct energy, and also be a conduit for spirits. When creating sacred space can people create there own ways of doing it?

I thought of picturing enegry coming out from the sky and from the earth travelling into the staff, and then I direct those energies as a energetic sphere (or cirlce) To me the sphere is a symbol of the world tree. Becahse the top hald represents the upperworld, the space, altar etc middle, and the part that goes into the ground (or if indoors I am going to use a pot of soil) for the underworld.

After the sphere is casted I will then strick the staff into the pot or ground acting as a conduit for the spirits. If I am doing a journey to the underworld I will ask the owl spirit to open the door into the underworld. If I am doing a spell lets say with the fairies I will call upon them. sO I will leave an offering for there welcoming at the end of the staff and then I will use rattles, shakers or mentally call upon the certain spirit. (the staff can kind of bring up there spirits acting as the world tree) I would then do my buisness with that spirit etc.

then when done I will redirect the spirit back to upper or lower world, and then say thanks and close the circle.

I was just wondering does this way already exist? and can It be done in this way. thanks and blessed be

Re: casting sacred space/mimicking the world tree

The earth-sky link, I've used before when it suited me. The rest? I don't really use circles and spirits factor into my work only if specific circumstances dictate approaching one.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I don't cast circles like wiccans, and I guess witches, but from what I have read that depending on your tradition, circle casting can be open to interpretation. That said The only group in my area (that I have found) that does open rituals casts very traditionally ie; looks like all the descriptions in the books Iv'e read. As a solitary practitioner I say do it the way you like though, if it feels wrong, fix it, otherwise....
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        X