Precognition and dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Precognition and dreams

I had an interesting dream about a conversation I had. In my dream, my friend told me a story that I had mostly forgotten when I woke up, but I was able to pick out 2 important sentences. He told me, "There was no living creature within five miles," and later explaining that "Not only are there no animals within five miles, but no trace of life at all."

And later that night when we were playing D&D (I'm a nerd, I know) he said those same words verbatim.

It was almost as if I knew he would say the words at that moment also.

So I'm rather shaken up about this, because it feels like deja vu but 100 times more intense that I've ever felt in my life. And I've checked several psychology sites and a few articles on dreams, and they tell me that it's coincidence. But it seems way too real.

Any thoughts?

Re: Precognition and dreams

Ever heard of Clairvoyance? Its a french term that means "clear-sight". It is a psychic ability that allows for you to see things in your "mind's eye". Like when your sleeping. Now, you said you were asleep when you first heard those sentences. So i'm just going to think this was precognition as you stated in the title. Honestly, I don't believe this was coincidence at all. Your feeling of "knowing he would say those words at that moment" is called Claircognizance. Which means clear-knowing. It is another psychic ability. But instead of seeing things, you just "know" what will happen, without having any reason whatsoever of knowing how or why you know. I have actually experienced this myself, and find it quite fun.

As for other psychic abilities, there are a few others. Like empathy and clairtangency. Empathy is the psychic ability to know other people's true feelings. Whether they are hiding them or not. You feel their feelings as your own. Clairtangency is the ability to touch something and get a psychic impression of what has happened to that object or in that area.

Psychic abilities are truly fascinating things to have, and everyone has them. You just have to learn to control and use them. Now, i'm not an expert on this. I'm sure someone else could explain in more detail about this but I gave this my best shot. Hope it helps.
    "Common sense is unfortunately not very common." -Anonymous
    " But why should love stop at the border?" -Pablo Casals
    It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I've had dreams like that, too. What I find strange, however, is that they only come up when I study Paganism (well, I think it's weird, anyway). Also, when I realize that what I dreamed about comes true, this extreme uncomfortable feeling comes over me, causing me to become dizzy and shaky. It's almost like a panic attack.

Is that common? Because it scares me to no end.

By the way, not trying to jack the thread. Just didn't want to start a new one when this one works so well.

Comment

I don't believe in coincidences. I have had a great number of what I believe to be psychic experiences in my life. I often just know when something will happen. My advice to you is to relax and learn to use your ability rather than fear it. It can be jarring, but remember that it can be very helpful!

Comment

The realist dream I ever had was abut 7 years ago, when i died for a little bit. I was in the mountains, and i was at first scared, I knew I was dying. I could feel everything, the wind, the sun on my skin, the crushed granite below my feet and I could smell the sage and lupins. I felt no pain, and I worried about my loved ones, but then I felt peace, they would be ok. And I was actually glad to be there, that the pain had stopped. But I looked up at the trail, and the trail went up a mountain. Someone, somthing told me I still had a mountain to climb and I could not stay. I was super dissapointed! When I woke up, I was back in the hospital bed, but the pain, it did go away and it had been excruitianting for weeks. I've wondered since then what it all meant, I was an athiest, but not so sure anymore...its just taken such a long time for me to admit that perhaps that really did happen, and perhaps it wasn't JUST a dream...I just have no idea really what it could mean and I have felt quite lost trying to figure it out.

Comment

All of you have been very helpful, but I have a few more questions.

How does precognition occur? Is it something that can be controlled, as in with an implement, or does it happen without any will on our part, as if one was chosen to see things?
            What is the difference between precognition and divination?

Comment

Working...
            X