Needing some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing some help

My boyfriend pointed out to me the other night that I have changed since we've started dating. I'm not as happy as I used to be, I cry alot more over the tinniest things. Over the past hour I have thought of when I first stopped being my happy self and worked out it started when I started getting nightmares. I've already tried becoming more happy by taking my neighbour's dog for afternoon walks to clear my mind and have some other sort of friend who will listen and not repeat my secrets.

I also suffer from Stress, Anxiety and Depression. I've seen doctors about it but all they tell me to do is go to therapy. I've also got the implanon in my arm which also plays with my emotions on a daily basis.

If anyone can give me any help to get on track to being my normal happy, joyful self and teach me to ignore the negative thoughts in my mind, I'll be very thankful.

Re: Needing some help

I think your problem is that you're trying to ignore the negative thoughts and nightmares to be honest. It sounds to me like there are some shadows in your psyche that you need to take a closer look at, that you've possibly suppressed for who knows how long.

Record what the nightmares entail, try to decipher what they're trying to show you. Try to find out which areas of your mind that you find it difficult to look at, think about, or talk about. Keep a journal to try and write some of your thoughts out, even if it feels like you have no thoughts. Just write.

More often than not, when you can dissolve and reincorporate those splintered negatives in your psyche, you will naturally become happier. Just don't wallow in it or accept it as the norm (however, it is a normal phenomenon).

Hope that helps a little, whether you use it or not.

Comment

Working...
    X