A Wonderful Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Wonderful Experience

I thought I would share this and I hope this is the right place to do so. Anyway.

Today I decided to go out into the woods this morning to perform a ritual, not one that I had heard of just something upon reflection that seemed fitting for me. As I walked through the forest I was looking for just the perfect spot but was having no luck then I came to a stream, seemingly a dead end, I though for a moment I would turn around when I saw a small Pine Branch sitting upon a gravel pile breaking through the surface of the stream. I thought about it for a while, while there were no pines in the immediate area I thought to myself if that branches journey brought it this far I could go a bit further, so up rolled my pant legs as I waded through the water grabbing the pine branch and coming up the other side. It was then I was shocked again with no pine nearby I say another branch. It was then I picked it up and became a bit determined to find the source of these branches, I walked for maybe a half hour with out finding a single pine tree, a whole sea of other wonderful Trees, but no pine (however I did apologetically accidentally destroy some impressive spider work. After a bit just as I was about to turn around, another branch, so I picked it up and now a bit more frustrated and headed quickly in that direction. After no more than fifty yards I came upon the most Wonderful Sight, a large old Oak Tree Raining Acorns to the ground, and in front of it, one last pine branch. No longer did the need to find the tree seems essential. There I took my branches constructed a make shift altar, and held my ceremony!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Re: A Wonderful Experience

I had a very odd if only slightly similar experience when I went to a new park, (the one I used before was undergoing "maintenance" and they were putting up a booth for someone to charge money now!) it was a deciduous forest and there was no trace of any pine trees. The trails were marked poorly and one ended up winding a bit further than I had expected. after a while the trail seemed to just fade away and stopped being a trail... go figure. After a bit I came to what I could only describe as a pine grove, no rhyme or reason for them to be growing about 12 huge towering pine trees in the middle of the woods. They absolutely towered over the other trees, like they were there first. The path was totally gone, getting here required I find a "creative" way through the brambles and undergrowth. (and I'm short enough not to disturb MOST of the spiders.) It just felt like a place I wanted to be, like it was safe, there were no footprints, no disturbed areas, just nothing growing under the thick foliage of these huge trees. The ground was covered in pine needles and it was a bit cushiony. Seemed like the place for me!
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Awesome! It's awesome to think (or even know maybe) that things seem to always be communicating with you and guiding you. I did find my Pine I was looking for this morning, Reflecting in front of a lake in the woods from across the water though mostly dead, I was able to find a pine or two.

Still they we're atleast a Mile from where I found the first branch yesterday.

Comment

I love these story's. I was up in Northern California with my ex wife (Way up north) when she was visiting a church with a friend. Since I don't do Christian churches I found a small stand of trees in the back of the church. I walked in a bit and it got very quiet,no city sounds at all. I had intended to go in to have a smoke because the church in question was SDA,and they are very anti smoking. While I was standing there drinking in the peaceful and serene place a BIG buck came in munching on plants. It saw me and we locked eyes. It seemed like an hour that we both just looked at each other very peaceful and that was for me a very magic moment.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yes, I know what you mean. That sort of thing happens to me. I always say that once I go Seeking the Green (which is what I named my own Pagan path - since I couldn't comfortably fit into anyone else's path) then the Green comes seeking me....
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I had yet another intense experience last Night. I can't say this was any set "ritual" but around 7:30-8:00 Pm I was having a small ceremony for a cat of mine who has been in a bit of a pickle with his health. Basically I was just asking for the Goddess to continue to look over him, and keep him healthy and safe. I would say seconds before the ceremony was complete he managed to get outside and run away (which has never happened before). He returned about ten minutes later, cold and full of affection. As I looked outside I couldn't help but see the Waxing Gibbous and think that perhaps her blessing had been bestowed under the light of the moon.

Comment

Working...
            X