Afterlife...? And reincarnation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afterlife...? And reincarnation?

Do pagan believe in an after life? Reincarnation? Both?

Re: Afterlife...? And reincarnation?

since paganism is an umberella term, there is many different kinds of paganism. therefore it depends on what kinds of pagans you ask. some do, some do not believe in afterlife or reincarnation.
    ~ flowers are our only garments
    only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Hmmm... I mean a few of them, maybe say what they believe and the name of the religeon?

Comment

Generaly yes, the concept of an ideal afterlife is common in neopaganism called the summerlands. The idea of reincarnation is common too but its less defined. Sometimes people think its a combination of the two. You stay in the summerlands for a while then come back

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

okay... for many people, their believes of death is a personally thing, so sorry if what i'm going to say now, irritates someone. It's just in general and very objective.
            most pagans believe in reincarnation. some may believe (like the buddhists) that you are reborn as another animal, or even a human again, depending on the things you've done in your life. i've also met some who pagans believe that if you are a human, you can only be reborn as a human, or if you are a frog, you can only be reborn as a frog and so on...

some pagans think of death just like atheists. that you are dead, and so life is over. done.
            and there's also those who follow a special kind of mythology or the reconstructionists. they happens to believe in the myths from where there religion belongs. fx: asatru pagans believe in valhalla, kemetic pagans believe in the ancient egyptian afterlife, aztec reconstructionists believe in the aztec afterlife, roman reonstructionists believe in the roman afterlive..... etc.

christian-pagans (those who mix christianity and paganism).... i actually don't know what they believe... sorry. my guess is that they believe in heaven, but i may be wrong.

there's of cource many more, but i'm definitely not the wisest in here, and my english is not the best so i'll let others explain if you wan't to know more.
            ~ flowers are our only garments
            only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

This particular pagan does not believe that there is not much good that comes from being dead (unless you want to call becoming food "good"), and death is a thing best avoided... while and if you can...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Sarkana night thanks hehe... I think if i could re member past lives, being a few animals would be cool, before i rest in heaven/what ever religion i decide on's eternal place is called ;P
                B. de Corbin haha lol

Comment

Working...
                X