About doing evil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About doing evil.

Has anyone casted any spells or rituals for evil purposes(i.e. Hurting somebody, causing them bad luck, etc.) ?
    Why?
    How solid are the results?
    Are there any consequences?
    Those are the few questions that come to my mind at the moment just to expand my knowledge...
    Any other useful info about evil magic or something similar is welcome.

Re: About doing evil.

I'm a firm believer that "evil magic" as you put it is the pansy's way out for getting retribution. If I was ever committed to hurting someone, I would do it physically, and with force.

Mostly art.

Comment

I did a curse on a bug infestation once. That was it though. And it bloody worked! :P
      No punishment for me as yet, touch wood. Haha.

The fact is, the Law of Threefold Return and such like are from Eastern practices; there's no example of it in European religion (or at least in Germanic religion).

Also, 'evil' is a subjective thing. One man's sinner is another man's saint and all that. :3
      "The Germans do not think it in keeping with the divine majesty to confine gods within walls or to portray them in the likeness of any human countenance. Their holy places are woods and groves, and they apply the names of deities to that hidden presence which is seen only by the eye of reverence." (Tacitus, `Germania', 9)

Comment

i think i did on accident once, or i just saw something happen and didnt know, i was in elementary school... if it was me it was the accident of a powerful mind but i really hope it wasnt because i never would of wished cancer on my p.e. coach..
        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Has anyone casted any spells or rituals for evil purposes(i.e. Hurting somebody, causing them bad luck, etc.) ? Yes.
          Why? Justice, vengeance. (And if I'm being honest, sheer bloody-mindedness on occasions).
          How solid are the results? Extremely.

Are there any consequences? Hexing is addictive. Just so you know. If you don't control it, then very quickly it controls you.

Just curious - why do you want to know about 'evil magic'? Better still, could you explain what you mean by the term?

BTW, I don't regard what I did was 'evil' - mostly it was extremely necessary. I felt I was working towards a greater good (except for the bloody-minded bits....
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

After my first serious relationship ended, I said, in a fit of grief, "He will never find love." And as far as I know, he never did. For several years after, every time I saw him out he was alone and staring daggers at me. Then he just disappeared.

I did it because he was really horrible to me and I didn't want anybody else to have to endure his psychotic personality.

I haven't noticed any consequences.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Evil is a word used by people to show things they find abminable. In actuallity no such word exsists. As most other people here by now know I'm not a exactly the most moral person. I have devolped my draining powers to such a degree that staying close to me is bad if I don't like them.
              Destruction is easy. Negative emotion is the most powerful. All curses are,are concentrated negative emotion. A couple of people here know my specalty is emotion and destruction.Tylluan Penry is correct this is addictive do so at your own peril or regrett it.
              I haven't yet seen any repercusstions but scary even to me, when I wasn't carefull-the garden died,along with every insect in the house,and birds wouldn't land on the house.
              I'm curious to know what you plan to do with this knowledge, mind yourself.
              Circe

Comment

Has anyone casted any spells or rituals for evil purposes(i.e. Hurting somebody, causing them bad luck, etc.) ?
                I cast for one of my enemies to have bad dreams once...

Why?
                this person made it a daily ritual to make my life a living hell

i am not sure if it worked or not

i felt extremely guilty. and since then i have sworn to not cast on a person for harm again. magic is not for rage, revenge, power or any negative thing, it is supposed to be used to connect you to the God/dess. Magic is to be used ONLY if mundane interventions do not work first!i am also a believer in karma and i believe i have a debt to pay to the person i cast on.

Before casting anything involving living things, I think to myself would I be okay if someone cast this upon me. If the answer is yes then I feel okay to do it. This is very important to remember or you can begin walking down a dangerous path. Like Tylluan Penry said hexing is very addictive and people like the power of evil works.
                sigpic

Comment

[quote author=Jotun link=topic=593.msg8543#msg8543 date=1288542470]
                  Has anyone cast any spells or rituals for evil purposes (e.g., hurting somebody, causing them bad luck, etc.)? Why?[/quote]

Yes, yes I have. I don't cast spells much at all anymore, but there was a time when I used magic frequently, and during that time I was not against using it against other people. I've used strong repellent magic against a landlord who moved in on my oldest sister. I've used similar spells against unwanted lovers, and less-than-ethical spells to increase the chances of getting certain jobs and removing competition from desired lovers. I have no qualms against using protective magic that is intended to harm anyone who would harm me or whatever I've protected - like a booby-trap.

They've worked for the most part. Sometimes whatever I was trying to do ended up happening before the spell was set in motion, which is always a good thing to me - saves me money on supplies!

There are always consequences for our actions. I don't believe in the 'Threefold Law'. If we do something harmful, it doesn't necessarily mean the consequences are going to harm us in return. The spell to get rid of the intruding landlord? My sister found a new apartment that she could afford. I got rid of unwanted affections, I got work, I got people to go along with my ideas. The only weird result I've gotten seems to be when I'm trying to snare a particular person for a fling... it seems like everyone they touch comes onto me, sometimes including the competition I was trying to get rid of (awkward!) while the target remain oblivious. I haven't figured that one out.

I don't see magic as being 'evil'. Magic in and of itself is no more evil than a hammer. You can use a hammer to build a house or kill a person - magic works the same way. Sorry to those above, but I do not believe a person can become 'addicted' to working magic, be it positive or negative. I think that's some kind of weird media fluff picked up by watching shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Charmed. Magic is a tool - like the aforementioned hammer, when a serial killer prefers to use a hammer to commit murder, no one for an instance believes the person is 'addicted' to using the hammer. What I do believe is that some people enjoy making other people suffer. Hexing and cursing are no different than maliciously attacking people just for the laughs. It may get to be a bad habit, but not habit-forming.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Usually, I'm the type of person who's eyes glaze over when someone says, 'This one time, when I cast a ______ spell, all this cool shit happened..." I do the same thing when people talk about making contact with the dead, regardless of the fact I've summoned ancestor spirits in the past and do it annually on this day. It's all about presentation, I think; I inherited my mother's skepticism and judgmental eyebrow raise when someone says something like that, but at the same time, I practiced witchcraft for ten years and on occasion still do.

However, I have to share one of those stories in this case.

When I first began to explore witchcraft, I had a friend who thought it would be neat to try and cast a curse on someone. We were twelve or so at the time. A girl I barely knew was the target, and I only participated because the others seemed to be interested in it and it sounded like a fun experiment, not because I had ill thoughts toward her. We did some hex that involved dripping candle wax on a picture of her.

Within the week, she left school for reasons we never learned, but not before it became a well known fact that she had burns on her arms.

Connected? Dunno. But the very idea that I might have participated in something that was hurtful to someone for a laugh and was followed by that person getting hurt made me stop and think about it. I've experienced "MAGIC IS REAL!" moments, but that was the first time it occurred to me that it might actually work. I still don't have an answer if someone asks me if I believe I hurt her - I haven't done a curse or hex since, though.

When it comes down to theory and morals, hurting someone spiritually isn't somehow more evil than hurting them physically in my book. Hurt is hurt. I don't understand why some people feel it's underhanded to cast a spell to do something that you shouldn't be doing regardless of the method.

Comment

[quote author=Jotun link=topic=593.msg8543#msg8543 date=1288542470]
                      Why?
                      [/quote]

With one possible exception, it hasn't become necessary for me to use craft directly against another individual. As a rule, even if I do consider direct assault justified (there are conditions where it is), it will not be my weapon of choice. I have more practice at calling up defenses around myself or others and will go first to the weapons I know. If violation of those defenses happens to land the aggressor in prison or a hospital then I don't weep all that much.

The last time I placed a defense in active expectation that it would cause harm, a man who had the poor taste to abuse a handicapped classmate of mine suddenly worked up the courage to pick a fight with a cop. There's a slight difference between pounding on a healthy, trained, angry cop and kicking a wheelchair bound 20 year old with a crush. Whether it was my working, one of the other two casters that had taken interest, or just the natural evolution of extreme idiocy, I don't know. The prison term that was issued served my goals, though.

The classmate was largely out of state and while I consider him enough of a friend to act on his behalf, we don't talk much. The agressor went into a cell, past that I just don't know. I didn't hear of anything particularly worrisome after the fact and odds are I would have if anything came up within 6 months of the casting.

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=593.msg8545#msg8545 date=1288543154]
                      I'm a firm believer that "evil magic" as you put it is the pansy's way out for getting retribution. If I was ever committed to hurting someone, I would do it physically, and with force.
                      [/quote]

Ehh, harm is harm. If I'm sufficiently committed to plan out harm for another human being and deliver it then I'm not picky about how it's delivered. I just want it arrive on target in a timely fashion so that the entity provoking my ire is brought forcibly to a halt.

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=593.msg8570#msg8570 date=1288550801]
                      Evil is a word used by people to show things they find abminable. In actuallity no such word exsists.
                      [/quote]

Sure the word evil exists. We're using it. The concept of evil is arguably subjective but objective or subjective, the idea of evil also exists. That said harmful /= equal evil. Sometimes violence really is the answer. Some threats are best ended with precise application of extreme force.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=593.msg8638#msg8638 date=1288563665]
                        When it comes down to theory and morals, hurting someone spiritually isn't somehow more evil than hurting them physically in my book. Hurt is hurt. I don't understand why some people feel it's underhanded to cast a spell to do something that you shouldn't be doing regardless of the method.
                        [/quote]

IMO, because its dishonest. If you have a problem with someone, confront them. If you come at them to punch them in the face, they know its happening. Hexing is essentially stabbing someone in the back... That being said, if you don't directly know who the person is or you don't have a way to directly confront them, etc...I think its fair.

My biggest problem with hexing someone that you can't always be sure how it will manifest. If, for example, I decided to make sure the the biyatch I had a car incident with tonight got what she deserved, without knowing full well who she is, what she does, etc, there is realistically no way to absolutely control *how* she gets what she deserves with only her being involved---everyone is someone's child, or could be someone's mother or sister, lover etc...and just because they do something stupid, thoughtless, vindictive, etc doesn't mean that others should suffer also.

Evil? No. But to hurt/pay back, etc? Yes. Evil (IMO) would be to hurt someone that either didn't deserve it and/or would have no way to know it was coming.

Why?
                        For date rape and knowingly transmitting an STD to several women, one of which was a friend of mine.

It depends on how you look at it. From his perspective, his life sucks...but for his victims, I doubt it should be considered enough.

Not to my knowledge. But those of us that went into our ritual were more than willing to accept the consequences of our actions, and (IMO) the only way that bites you in the butt is if you try to skip out on responsibility.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Uuh, lots of replies... So little time.
                          In basic concept.. I just want learn.
                          Right now I have no intention of doing any harm/evil to anyone, but when the time comes, then I will have reasonable knowledge of my act.

Comment

Sorry for double post.
                            It's very late(5am) , I am rather tired.
                            I will make a proper stand tomorrow.
                            Many thanks to everyone for sharing their POV's and Experiences!

Comment

Thal - excellent post +1! I think I know where you're coming from on this one. I've done the same type of spell for almost exactly the same reasons, on behalf of someone else. I reasoned that if the law wasn't going to get him then I sure as hell would. And yes, he did learn (and is still learning, as far as I know) that it doesn't pay to cross a Welsh Mam who also happens to be a witch.

With regard to the someone erratic behaviour of some hexes, I would add that IME a well focused spell (for whatever intention) rarely poses any problems. Some of the worst problems with hexing is that it is often done when the spell caster is incandescent with rage, or drunk or drugged - none of which are inducive to accurate spell casting in my book. I know that some people use both drink and drugs as an aid to their magic, (I don't) but since hexing is addictive, there is a danger that drink etc., can lead to a loss of control and hence a loss of focus.

Obviously though, that's just my opinion.

[quote author=Jotun link=topic=593.msg8701#msg8701 date=1288579905]
                              Uuh, lots of replies... So little time.
                              In basic concept.. I just want learn.
                              Right now I have no intention of doing any harm/evil to anyone, but when the time comes, then I will have reasonable knowledge of my act.
                              [/quote]

But what do you want to learn, Jotun? To hex? Because I don't think anyone is likely to teach you that - or at least won't admit to it. In my opinion, you might find protective work would be the best way to start - never learn to use poison without knowing where the antidote is...
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                              X